Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 05:31 PM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Here’s my build schedule below. I placed my initial deposit in Feb so it’s hard to believe I was able to get an allocation so quickly and the car will show up as fast as the factory schedule says, which I don’t believe will happen. I literally went months without multiple dealers across two states wanting to take a deposit from me because of no available allocations for both the GT4 and GTS 4.0. Then I wind up getting two allocations from two different dealers in the same week in March. One had a $10k ADM and the other was at MSRP, which is the dealer I went with. From what I am reading in these forums this will be an interesting next few months going through the build cycle. I appreciate hearing about everyone else’s ordering experience because it helps me set my own expectations. Ordering and buying a new Porsche has been a very bizarre experience to say the least :-)

The following 2 users liked this post by WarriorGT:
jeanrabelais (04-18-2023), kmh0277 (04-18-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 05:41 PM
TubaFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Does anyone have a shipping schedule for May to the US? My build locked today, and I'd like to know which date I need to make so I'm not waiting in Emden for an extra month lol. I checked PWL, but their latest is several months ago. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-18-2023, 07:01 PM
FazedChicken
Banned

Received 159 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TubaFreak
Does anyone have a shipping schedule for May to the US? My build locked today, and I'd like to know which date I need to make so I'm not waiting in Emden for an extra month lol. I checked PWL, but their latest is several months ago. Thanks in advance!
My build also locked today. Do you have a build date for your car? I was told June build from my SA last week, but that seems late if the build has already locked in mid-April?

I asked my SA for the commission number so I can track it myself but haven't heard back yet.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:12 PM
TubaFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FazedChicken
My build also locked today. Do you have a build date for your car? I was told June build from my SA last week, but that seems late if the build has already locked in mid-April?

I asked my SA for the commission number so I can track it myself but haven't heard back yet.
Mine is to be built in the middle of May, and be delivered by late June. I'm not holding my breath on either though haha.
The following users liked this post:
FazedChicken (04-18-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 09:25 PM
adsingl
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Good for you! help with finding which boat?

My dates continue to be janky. 4/12 start prod, 4/14 finish prod, 4/17 released for transport (this 3 days is reasonable I'd guess) now 4/18 at German port today, supposed to be on boat tomorrow!.
I'm sure I can find how to get the VW corp shipping schedules, but you recall how I learn what boat it actually ends up on?

Thanks!
ADS

Originally Posted by Homiebackrubs
Absolutely! Mine says it was released from the port to the dealer and it arrived at the dealership, both on 4/14. Those dates still show up as 4/14 even now on 4/17 when I know for a fact my car is still at the port as of this morning. Should be taking delivery in 2 days though!
Old 04-18-2023, 10:34 PM
MotoFanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

So interestingly on 4/13, I received an email from Porsche stating the following:
"Your 718 Cayman GT4 is now ready to embark on a journey from Germany to your dealership, and then to your driveway. By land and by sea, roughly 5,000 miles in total. Don't worry, non of them will hit the odometer."

But then "The manufacturing process is complete" on TYD, got moved from 4/12 to 5/9 and all my other dates changed as well. Really odd.

Has anyone experienced this? In the beginning of the ordering process the SA said not to believe anything on TYD.

-Moto
Old 04-18-2023, 11:14 PM
OC718
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoFanatic
So interestingly on 4/13, I received an email from Porsche stating the following:
"Your 718 Cayman GT4 is now ready to embark on a journey from Germany to your dealership, and then to your driveway. By land and by sea, roughly 5,000 miles in total. Don't worry, non of them will hit the odometer."

But then "The manufacturing process is complete" on TYD, got moved from 4/12 to 5/9 and all my other dates changed as well. Really odd.

Has anyone experienced this? In the beginning of the ordering process the SA said not to believe anything on TYD.

-Moto
Mine has changed three times, each getting worse. - per SA their system is showing mine at a facility in France

Old 04-18-2023, 11:23 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
People with popping colors - have you got sick of it after a certain amount of time?

Some background: for the last three months, I've been obsessing with configuring my '23 Spyder (and I have two more months to do it), changing my mind about things at least once a week.
I've got the interior nailed down quickly, so it's mainly about the exterior and wheels' colors.

I have never owned a car for more than two years, and after seeing a Shark Blue GT4 at the dealership, I really liked it -
but I fear that a popping color like blue, green, etc. will get old after a certain amount of time, while a "classic" color like GT Silver or CWM while being obviously more boring, won't.

I am seeking opinions and advice from people who have held special cars for long period of times.
Coming up on 2 years with 13,500 miles and still loving my car and color. Bright colors are not for everyone. After getting my car and driving up to Werks Reunion in 2021, my wife and I stopped along one of the pullouts along highway 1 and I flew the drone and got some pictures of us with the car and the beautiful scenery. A car pulls in with a husband and wife and the wife immediately starts complementing the car and especially the color. The husband on the other hand didn't say one thing about the color and you could tell he was thinking why in the world would anyone spend that kind of money on a Smurf colored car. Didn't bother and still doesn't bother me cuz I freakin love the color I picked. You have to know that picking a bright jelly bean color in a world/sea of white, silver, grey, and black will stand out whether you like it or not.

I would actually argue that although white, silver, grey, black are traditional "classic" colors, Porsche has offered many bright colors that are considered "classic" over the years. Check out rennbow.org if you haven't already and it will give you an idea of all the Porsche colors that were available at some point and will rate them on rarity/"classicness."

In the meantime, here is my car that I sill do double takes on when I walk away from it.

The following 5 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
GTSPYDER23 (04-18-2023), Lucifer (04-19-2023), MrFunk (04-18-2023), TripleL (04-21-2023), UncleDude (04-18-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 12:36 AM
adsingl
Instructor

Default Uh, is your car Guards Red?

Kinda joking, mine is Guards red and original start production date was also 4/3. That day past, no info until it showed starting at 4/12. Then it showed complete 2 days later! Then ready to ship yesterday 4/17 and supposed to ship tomorrow! My gut says it likely actually started on 4/3 (same day yours was to start) and TYD gets updated when some IT guy gets "a round tuit". My date at dealer had moved out twice to 5/24, now is back to 5/18, which I think was the original date when all the dates first populated.
I've seen ... not a lot but not insignificant number of folks in this thread have their cars sit at German exit port (where my car is now) sit for a month with nobody able to tell them why or when it would depart. Just suddenly it's on a boat. So, not holding my breath. In fact I've read these shipping dates in TYD are totally unreliable. I have to research again how to find what boat my car is on, then one can find the VW shipping schedule with boat names and that is relatively accurate up to port arrival.
I do have the pics (you used to have to go into browser dev mode to find) show up under "my order"; you have to page down quite a bit. Only have 3 pics (paint, assembly, and on the lift to exit - although I saw front splitter wasn't attached, maybe that's done at port, no idea).
But I have to say, after putting a demand order in late August of 2021, those pics made it all seem very real for the first time!

Good luck!

ADS

Originally Posted by MotoFanatic

-Moto
MotoFanatic (04-19-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 12:50 AM
adsingl
Instructor

Default Must be nice. No toy, have only 3 of these pics, 1 email

I guess a lot of this is dealer driven. Myporsche email notifications are on, but I've only gotten one track your dream email the day the car went into production.
Some dates went late, asked the SA in an email, no response, but ... went into production 9 dates later (was April 3, actual April 12).
I am buying the car at list price, maybe they don't spend extra money in these cases! Guess I can live with that!
I only got "paint, assembly, and on the lift" pics, but ... still very exciting, satisfying.
Mine is a GT4, but also GR and Silver wheels!

ADS

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Porsche sent me a little toy 356 in the mail today and it's nice to see my car has been made. What a great feature seeing your car in production!

taking an elevator

paint shop

assembly

Body work
jeanrabelais (04-19-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 12:57 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Coming up on 2 years with 13,500 miles and still loving my car and color. Bright colors are not for everyone. After getting my car and driving up to Werks Reunion in 2021, my wife and I stopped along one of the pullouts along highway 1 and I flew the drone and got some pictures of us with the car and the beautiful scenery. A car pulls in with a husband and wife and the wife immediately starts complementing the car and especially the color. The husband on the other hand didn't say one thing about the color and you could tell he was thinking why in the world would anyone spend that kind of money on a Smurf colored car. Didn't bother and still doesn't bother me cuz I freakin love the color I picked. You have to know that picking a bright jelly bean color in a world/sea of white, silver, grey, and black will stand out whether you like it or not.

I would actually argue that although white, silver, grey, black are traditional "classic" colors, Porsche has offered many bright colors that are considered "classic" over the years. Check out rennbow.org if you haven't already and it will give you an idea of all the Porsche colors that were available at some point and will rate them on rarity/"classicness."

In the meantime, here is my car that I sill do double takes on when I walk away from it.
Color is beautiful and I wish I dared to get a popping color like this.

Not sure if it is a blessing or a curse but I had almost six months to configure my Spyder, and as you can imagine during that time I obsessed about basically every single color Porsche has ever made.
In the begging I was confident that if I had a Porsche it will be Miami blue - and I have seen that color in person on a Spyder and loved it - but after seeing so many Macans in that color, idk, I slowly wasn't that into it anymore.
Then I saw a GTS in Carmine and was shocked by how rich that color was. I loved it, and was prepared to pay PTS money for it. I returned to the dealership several times and eventually got sick of it.
Then I was sure I was going with Shark Blue - I was like - "it isn't a PTS, so I am not paying that much, and it looks awesome" - but again, after seeing it in person a few times, I got tired of it.

The only colors I didn't got bored with are the colors that were "boring" to begin with - Chalk, GT Silver and CWM - I chose GT Silver thinking "it is a 7/10 color, but it stays a 7/10 color".
I'm kinda disappointed with my decision, but choosing an "interesting" color is risky for an indecisive person like me.
Old 04-19-2023, 01:03 AM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 744 Likes on 269 Posts

^I went through the exact same thing - and still do despite my order being locked.

I wanted PTS which was on stop sale, then settled on Gentian after agonizing over Guards or Shark - all on either a Chalk or Cognac interior scheme. In the end I settled on Gentian for its dynamic hues on Chalk to be a bit more unique than the typical dark blue on tan combos that are said and done. Yet my heart sometimes wants for Guards on Cognac/Chalk.

In the end I’m sure I’ll be happy with my choice. Sometimes too many options can be a curse lol.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:25 AM
JKen_0115
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 46 Posts

My production started on 4/17, do you know when I can get my production photos and where I can see them?
Old 04-19-2023, 02:37 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by 6IXSPD
^I went through the exact same thing - and still do despite my order being locked.

I wanted PTS which was on stop sale, then settled on Gentian after agonizing over Guards or Shark - all on either a Chalk or Cognac interior scheme. In the end I settled on Gentian for its dynamic hues on Chalk to be a bit more unique than the typical dark blue on tan combos that are said and done. Yet my heart sometimes wants for Guards on Cognac/Chalk.

In the end I’m sure I’ll be happy with my choice. Sometimes too many options can be a curse lol.
Gentian with Chalk interior sounds awesome, and unique

I went with GT Silver, red seat belts to match the brakes but silver stitching (and not red), so if in the future I will want to refresh things up a lil bit, I will be able to paint the calipers and replace the seat belts and get something refreshing
6IXSPD (04-19-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 02:52 AM
tigster
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JKen_0115
My production started on 4/17, do you know when I can get my production photos and where I can see them?
You should be seeing photos in the next few days, my car production started 4/12 and was complete on 4/16, photos showed up on the 13th, and 15th of April.

Hang in there
JKen_0115 (04-19-2023)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...