Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 11:53 AM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 305 Posts

Ok who else is on a boat scheduled to arrive in Baltimore (according to TYD) on 3/13? What's the name of the boat you are on?

Waiting on my dealer to tell me which boat for my order. But last time I asked, his records hadn't updated yet, and now my regular contact is on vacation (and this isn't important enough to bug somebody else). I followed the list someone had posted above for the VW carrier ships and made an educated guess my car is on the SIEM CICERO but given the VERY different path that TYD shows, vs. what satellite tracking shows for that boat (and the dates are "close" but don't line up perfectly) - I don't think I'm on that boat. TYD shows my car is on a boat just outside of Nova Scotia right now. Satellite tracking of the SIEM CICERO shows it just past the Acores islands in the Atlantic.

Curious to see what other boat it could be.
The following users liked this post:
SpyderGent (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 12:59 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter_
I had mine 8 days after production started. Found them by logging into TYD.
Went into production weeks ago. TYD is still not working for me. Starting to get frustrated....
Old 03-07-2023, 01:14 PM
BillBoss
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by bravoraider
Went into production weeks ago. TYD is still not working for me. Starting to get frustrated....
Clear your browsers cookies and cache. Try using a different browser if that doesn't work. Also, don't use the original TYD link from email either. Just go to my.porsche.com and login.
bravoraider (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 01:25 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BillBoss
Clear your browsers cookies and cache. Try using a different browser if that doesn't work. Also, don't use the original TYD link from email either. Just go to my.porsche.com and login.
Roger, thanks for the tips!

When on my.porsche this is what I see. Is there a different button for TYD? I am seeing others posted about a total of 8 steps, not just 4.

Old 03-07-2023, 01:40 PM
Natural9
AutoX

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi everyone, excited to finally be able to join the waiting room. I originally put down a deposit for a boxer gts 4.0 in Aug/21, thinking that it would be easier to get than a spyder. Was waiting and waiting and almost lost hope. Finally got a call from my SA Dec/22 thinking a gts allocation was coming but turned out that they had a spyder allocation and asked if I was interested. Instantly said yes and spent hours on the configurator building the spyder. Locked in the order and just passed my freeze date march 3rd 2023, production is set for March 26th and expecting delivery for sometime in May. This will be my first Porsche and the wait has been excruciating to say the least. Looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone here and learning lots from all your experiences.
The following 2 users liked this post by Natural9:
bravoraider (03-07-2023), Xxyion (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 01:44 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Natural9
Hi everyone, excited to finally be able to join the waiting room. I originally put down a deposit for a boxer gts 4.0 in Aug/21, thinking that it would be easier to get than a spyder. Was waiting and waiting and almost lost hope. Finally got a call from my SA Dec/22 thinking a gts allocation was coming but turned out that they had a spyder allocation and asked if I was interested. Instantly said yes and spent hours on the configurator building the spyder. Locked in the order and just passed my freeze date march 3rd 2023, production is set for March 26th and expecting delivery for sometime in May. This will be my first Porsche and the wait has been excruciating to say the least. Looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone here and learning lots from all your experiences.
Welcome to the Delayed Gratification Anonymous Club, lol!

Sounds like that couldn't have worked out better. Similar thing with my GT4. I put in deposits on CGTS and GT4 assuming I would not get the GT4. Ended up getting it! Currently in 2/4 Phase, production!
yellolab (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Natural9
AutoX

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like that couldn't have worked out better. Similar thing with my GT4. I put in deposits on CGTS and GT4 assuming I would not get the GT4. Ended up getting it! Currently in 2/4 Phase, production!

Definitely couldn’t of worked out better. The spyder was the dream but thinking that it’s my first Porsche with no purchase history I went with the BGTS 4.0 thinking I would Atleast have a small chance to secure an allocation. When they called for the spyder I was beyond excited. Just a few more months of waiting now……
bravoraider (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 02:01 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 478 Posts

Roger, thanks for the tips!

When on my.porsche this is what I see. Is there a different button for TYD? I am seeing others posted about a total of 8 steps, not just 4.

This is just a summary of the steps in the process.
Go to the "discover current phase" page to see which step they currently have you at. I found TYD to be 1-2 steps behind the actual milestone my GT4 was at.

I'd be more concerned about the wheels they optioned you... mine never looked like that. Did they do a stop order on the OEM GT4 wheels?
Old 03-07-2023, 02:07 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BoxKing
This is just a summary of the steps in the process.
Go to the "discover current phase" page to see which step they currently have you at. I found TYD to be 1-2 steps behind the actual milestone my GT4 was at.

I'd be more concerned about the wheels they optioned you... mine never looked like that. Did they do a stop order on the OEM GT4 wheels?
Roger, thank you! Hopefully production photos populate soon, I appear to be behind others populating.

The image I provided has a disclaimer at the bottom, which I didn't include in the first photo. Here it is. I optioned Black wheels.

Old 03-07-2023, 02:11 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 478 Posts

Roger, thank you! Hopefully production photos populate soon, I appear to be behind others populating.

The image I provided has a disclaimer at the bottom, which I didn't include in the first photo. Here it is. I optioned Black wheels.

Lol... I was just messing with you!
I had an eye roll when I first logged on to TYD when I saw the same wheels. Oddly, the image on TYD will update to the black rims closer to the last phases.
bravoraider (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 02:13 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Lol... I was just messing with you!
I had an eye roll when I first logged on to TYD when I saw the same wheels. Oddly, the image on TYD will update to the black rims closer to the last phases.
Lol, my bad. I can never understand humor over text.

Thanks for the information, it was very helpful!
Old 03-07-2023, 03:35 PM
tbonesteak33
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone else's build (Boxster GTS) caught the persistent delay bug? Originally mine was supposed to have shipped in December but was delayed multiple times. I checked last week, it said production should be complete on 3/3/23. I just checked again and am now seeing 3/27/23. I haven't heard anything meaningful from the dealer beyond sorry it got delayed. Is there a part shortage ?
Old 03-07-2023, 03:54 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonesteak33
Has anyone else's build (Boxster GTS) caught the persistent delay bug? Originally mine was supposed to have shipped in December but was delayed multiple times. I checked last week, it said production should be complete on 3/3/23. I just checked again and am now seeing 3/27/23. I haven't heard anything meaningful from the dealer beyond sorry it got delayed. Is there a part shortage ?
Spyder but yes. My car started production at the end of December and has received two delays; from end of January to mid February and then again to mid March.
Each time the delay was added on the day production was supposed to finish. Pictures were posted of the nearly completed car in the profile shot right when the configurator updated a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it's missing something minor to complete but don't know. Not that I'm in a rush but dealer can't find out anything.
tbonesteak33 (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 05:07 PM
tbonesteak33
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by midcont
Spyder but yes. My car started production at the end of December and has received two delays; from end of January to mid February and then again to mid March.
Each time the delay was added on the day production was supposed to finish. Pictures were posted of the nearly completed car in the profile shot right when the configurator updated a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it's missing something minor to complete but don't know. Not that I'm in a rush but dealer can't find out anything.
Yup pretty much exactly the same. No details at all.
I have no real rush either, but I have a road trip in June I'm hoping to have the car for.
Old 03-07-2023, 05:37 PM
gr718gt4
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sign me up to the club, I put down a deposit for a CGTS, didn’t think I would have a chance at getting a GT4 but as luck would have it, someone bailed on their order and I took it. Should be taking delivery in about 2 weeks.
SpyderGent (03-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...