Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 12:25 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by String33
I think maybe you misread or misunderstood my post. There are over 7,000 posts in this one thread. Who could read that? Right above us is a guy asking questions about PTS colors and which is more beautiful. Not really relevant to a question about when is my order going to lock? Just saying, maybe everything doesn’t have to go into one giant abyss of stuff because it involves ordering a Spyder. Maybe different threads are ok. So people can find stuff.
I think the point you're missing is no one knows. The Track Your Dream process is nebulous at best. Random dudes on an internet forum aren't really going to provide a satisfying solution I think. If all you're looking for is if it's happening to anyone else- yes, it is, and has been for some time. Still no answers though. But we're all here to commiserate.

Your SA and/or Porsche NA would be a better bet.
Old 09-09-2022, 12:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Still have my production start as 8/24 with completion 9/30. I can only think it's the free luggage net that holding up the process.....
Old 09-09-2022, 02:04 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,263 Likes on 707 Posts

Originally Posted by 008
Still have my production start as 8/24 with completion 9/30. I can only think it's the free luggage net that holding up the process.....
Did production actually start for the car? Mine is scheduled for production with CP8 date of 9/30 as well. I'm curious if its more that all cars in this "bracket" will show the same end of production day and then all get shipped out and finalized at the same time.
The following users liked this post:
008 (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 02:17 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Did production actually start for the car? Mine is scheduled for production with CP8 date of 9/30 as well. I'm curious if its more that all cars in this "bracket" will show the same end of production day and then all get shipped out and finalized at the same time.
I just checked to see if I'm in the same situation, but it has been the umbrella man all morning for me.
Old 09-09-2022, 02:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Well TYD says the actual date of milestone completion for start of production is 8/24, so I assume so but I haven't received any pictures or confirmation.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:02 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

So I swear I watched a tutorial video of how to extract the images from Track Your Dream. I just can't seem to find it; if someone has it that would be a better way to find out how to get them than what I'm about to describe as the video walks you right through the process (and I'm too lazy to recreate it).

So what I can do is type through a brief tutorial and throw in some screenshots- more for my own personal edification so I don't forget it again when I need to do it in a couple weeks. Also keep in mind, my car hasn't been produced yet so I actually don't have any images... but I have the same HTML code as everyone and I can at least show the process and it should be accurate.

1. Log into porsche.com with a browser (I used PC + chrome, the steps are probably similar on other OS/Browser combos but I haven't verified this. Not sure if it works on mobile).

2. Where you normally find your TYD info for your incoming car, right click then click "Inspect" (hitting F12 will also have the same effect). Note: you'll have to be in Stage 3: Your vehicle has been produced to realistically expect the images to be there, unlike what's in this screenshot:

3. This will open a new pane on the right, exposing the underlying code your browser is rendering. Click the "network" tab at the top (you may need to click an "arrow" to find it:

4. It should be blank or close to blank (if you hover over other sections of the page it might not be blank), but hit F5 to refresh, and it will populate with a bunch of content.

5. You'll likely have to scroll down to the bottom to find "orders?include-full-content=false" (I hovered over this in the screenshot to display the full URL).

6. Click on the orders?include-full-content=false line, then make sure you have the "Preview" tab selected on the right pane. There will be some content listed, you'll have to click on one of the triangles to display the sub-content under it. One of these lines will be productionImages- if there are images available, there will be URLs for you to copy/paste in a separate tab and see your pictures (obviously mine says null because my car isn't produced):

Hope that helps. If I was a stronger coder, I'd write a script to grab the photos directly from the URL and bypass this (relatively simple) process. Maybe someone with a developer background can do it relatively quickly, but it is kind of sketchy running scripts from randos on the Internet...

Last edited by manifold danger; 09-09-2022 at 04:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by manifold danger:
eshney (09-10-2022), Old-n-slo (09-12-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 04:47 PM
sinking
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

@manifold danger That post should be it's own thread so it can be found in the future. Of course, if you attempt to create a new thread it will probably be locked and merged in to this one, but it's the thought that counts.
Old 09-09-2022, 05:49 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Originally Posted by sinking
@manifold danger That post should be it's own thread so it can be found in the future. Of course, if you attempt to create a new thread it will probably be locked and merged in to this one, but it's the thought that counts.
That’s a little jaded. Someone asking a simple waiting room question is different from what manifold posted — which is unique and different.

Regardless, I concur. Put it up under “TYD Photos — How to” or something like that so it’s searchable easily
manifold danger (09-10-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 06:08 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Phew - I guess the track your dream page does not show the correct wheel option for anyone!
Old 09-09-2022, 11:09 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 402 Likes on 186 Posts

Thanks for that! Mine goes into production soon and I did a dummy run through obviously I got a "null" but I now know how to navigate the system-very well explained and I thank you again!
I am making a note of this post #7177
Pat D
BTW I used Win 10 and M/S Edge

Last edited by patdonahue; 09-09-2022 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:48 AM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by GermanSausage
Hey Guys, since I've drawn a lot of information about PTS colours from this forum I want to show you my top 3 PTS Colours of which I'll chose one for my upcoming 718 Spyder in Q2/22.

This is: Viola, Forestgreen & Yachtingblue. I am extremely surprised of the different looking between shadow and lightning - the metallic-flakes are just wow
Maybe a stupid question, but how'd you get your hands on those PTS swatches? Salesman at my dealer told me they only had examples for a few PTS colors that happened to recently be stock colors, and suggested I head to PECLA if I want to see samples for anything else...

Last edited by brock256; 09-10-2022 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:49 AM
String33
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sinking
I knew I wasn’t alone in the world! Thanks!
Old 09-10-2022, 01:07 AM
String33
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
That’s a little jaded. Someone asking a simple waiting room question is different from what manifold posted — which is unique and different.

Regardless, I concur. Put it up under “TYD Photos — How to” or something like that so it’s searchable easily
No no - all Spyder related questions and comments go in this giant mega-thread from Hell. How do I use the configurator, my boat caught fire and sank, what’s the deal with yellow stitching, are my seats comfortable or should I just use an old milk crate, Porsche - one syllable or two, should I move to Montana and register my car as an off-road vehicle - they all go right here! Heck, even spider related questions go in just this thread - is a daddy long legs a spider, are spiders insects, what do I do if bitten by a brown recluse - they go here too! Just one giant unusable 7,500 post thread. Makes sense to me.
008 (09-10-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 11:24 AM
GermanSausage
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brock256
Maybe a stupid question, but how'd you get your hands on those PTS swatches? Salesman at my dealer told me they only had examples for a few PTS colors that happened to recently be stock colors, and suggested I head to PECLA if I want to see samples for anything else...
You're welcome. I am living in Germany and therefore our dealers are able to get specific color examples direct via Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur in Zuffenhausen.
From what I know PCNA does have these little color fans as you know them from wall paint - your dealer should be able to get one of them for you.

brock256 (09-11-2022)
Old 09-11-2022, 03:06 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

The Siem Cicero has departed Emden w/ my car on board!
TripleL (09-13-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...