Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 01:08 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

No

Originally Posted by danielzy
Is there a way getting colors like Oslo Blue or Miami Blue without paying 12k for the Paint to Sample?
The following 2 users liked this post by TXRubicon:
eshney (09-06-2022), Lucifer (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 01:21 PM
eshney
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RY04KLY
what was the time between your spec locking and production completing?

my spec locked last week so just trying to understand current lead times, although by looking at the other posts it may be an impossible task!
My vehicle locked on 6/24/22 and my CP8.0 was 9/1/22.

From what I can tell, mine has been going very quickly. My original delivery was supposed to be 8/18/22 and now is scheduled for 10/7/22.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:52 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 760 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
No
Thank you.

More questions

I don't know the Porsche market that well and would like to use this thread and opportunity to optimize (for my needs) my upcoming Boxster GTS.
Resale value is important for me - I plan to own the car for a very long time - but I want to have the option to sell it for a good price if I choose to.

I am trying to decide between PDK\Manual.
I usually like manual more - but I barely track and not a huge fan of going too fast on public roads - so realistically speaking I will never use anything other than 2nd gear.
On the other hand, it seems like Manual is far more desirable in the used market, and also costs like 4k less initially.

What do you guys think about the subject?
Old 09-06-2022, 03:17 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts
Smile

Thank you.

More questions

I don't know the Porsche market that well and would like to use this thread and opportunity to optimize (for my needs) my upcoming Boxster GTS.
Resale value is important for me - I plan to own the car for a very long time - but I want to have the option to sell it for a good price if I choose to.

I am trying to decide between PDK\Manual.
I usually like manual more - but I barely track and not a huge fan of going too fast on public roads - so realistically speaking I will never use anything other than 2nd gear.
On the other hand, it seems like Manual is far more desirable in the used market, and also costs like 4k less initially.

What do you guys think about the subject?
Seems like you answered your own question, you prefer manual AND you have seen that manuals are more desirable on the used market. Bonus - cost $4K less.

I don't know if I will keep my upcoming GTS forever either, but I went with the PDK option because I know I will be driving it for at least a year and in that time, I want the PDK . At the end of the day, no one knows the resell market in advance, but I do know almost every Porsche has a buyer regardless of the options. The hard part is finding that buyer when you decide to sell.
Old 09-06-2022, 03:44 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Seems like you answered your own question, you prefer manual AND you have seen that manuals are more desirable on the used market. Bonus - cost $4K less.

I don't know if I will keep my upcoming GTS forever either, but I went with the PDK option because I know I will be driving it for at least a year and in that time, I want the PDK . At the end of the day, no one knows the resell market in advance, but I do know almost every Porsche has a buyer regardless of the options. The hard part is finding that buyer when you decide to sell.
I prefer manuals in general but the manual in the GTS isn't great because of its ratios. 2nd max speed is about 85mph which I will never surpass in a public twisty road. With the PDK there is a chance to move between 2nd and 3rd which could be fun.
Old 09-06-2022, 03:55 PM
JCZ5
Pro

I prefer manuals in general but the manual in the GTS isn't great because of its ratios. 2nd max speed is about 85mph which I will never surpass in a public twisty road. With the PDK there is a chance to move between 2nd and 3rd which could be fun.
Gearing for manual and PDK is virtually the same in day to day driving aka both will have too long of gearing for street driving. https://www.718forum.com/threads/718...gearing.21897/

I recall seeing a mph table on the gearing awhile back, but the mph for each gear between manual and PDK was only a few off from one another. Just go with the manual...

If gearing really bothers you, send it to DeMan for re-gearing the ratios. Hefty upfront cost, and probably little to no money back if you do decide to sell it, even though that would be a desirable option.
The following users liked this post:
Lucifer (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 04:00 PM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

So I think my car has arrived at the dealership. TYD in its usually fashion has not updated the date yet, but goes with to the "Arrival" stage.

My salesman has been MIA for a couple of weeks, and I have a bear time getting hold of anyone there. Hopefully can speak to the manager...

The following 2 users liked this post by unclemat:
JBM718GTS (09-06-2022), TripleL (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 04:28 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Gearing for manual and PDK is virtually the same in day to day driving aka both will have too long of gearing for street driving. https://www.718forum.com/threads/718...gearing.21897/

I recall seeing a mph table on the gearing awhile back, but the mph for each gear between manual and PDK was only a few off from one another. Just go with the manual...
The PDK gearing is 10% shorter gear-gear. While this equates to about 5/8 mph reduction in 1/2 gear Vmax…it’s the shorter gear set and torque multiplication that’ll be apparent.

Shorter gears just pull harder; whether heading to Vmax or not.

PDK gets better LSD lock up values as well.
The following users liked this post:
unclemat (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 04:59 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 402 Likes on 186 Posts

If you plan to have the car for a long time (remember that these ICE jobs are going away so the chances of ever getting a new one may be pretty slim in another year or so) I would get what you wish to drive and not worry so much about resale value. Spec and enjoy the car for your desires not the next owner.
I have never had a PDK BUT I live in a very rural area and in the 40-mile drive to my favorite burger joint I have only 2 stoplights. If you live in a metro area with a lot of stop and go or traffic the PDK may be better for your driving enjoyment.
Hoping you really enjoy your car!
Old 09-06-2022, 08:36 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by patdonahue
If you plan to have the car for a long time (remember that these ICE jobs are going away so the chances of ever getting a new one may be pretty slim in another year or so) I would get what you wish to drive and not worry so much about resale value. Spec and enjoy the car for your desires not the next owner.
I have never had a PDK BUT I live in a very rural area and in the 40-mile drive to my favorite burger joint I have only 2 stoplights. If you live in a metro area with a lot of stop and go or traffic the PDK may be better for your driving enjoyment.
Hoping you really enjoy your car!
Before I relocated to California I had 3 hours of 0-5mph traffic every single day - in a Fiat Panda manual. Personally I suffer from traffic the exact same amount regardless of having automatic or manual.
I was toying with the idea of getting PDK+ACC but I couldnt find ANY information about the 718 ACC - if it doesn't stop and start by itself - it doesn't help me.

Last edited by Lucifer; 09-06-2022 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2022, 11:24 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Before I relocated to California I had 3 hours of 0-5mph traffic every single day - in a Fiat Panda manual. Personally I suffer from traffic the exact same amount regardless of having automatic or manual.
I was toying with the idea of getting PDK+ACC but I couldnt find ANY information about the 718 ACC - if it doesn't stop and start by itself - it doesn't help me.
I recall reading that the 718 ACC does indeed help to come to complete stop. However, if you have to go again, you have to gently tap the accelerator to get it going and back on ACC. Although not as advanced as many other brands, I ordered it for traffic jams.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:33 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
My car supposedly having entered production on Friday but TYD being behind on updating is making me crazy 🤣 I’ve waited 12 months, what’s another few days I guess.
Was going to post that I'm glad it isn't just me, but looks like there are a few of us on the same "production start 9/2" boat... it is irritating though that I keep seeing that delivery date getting closer but also that I'm lying to myself if I start believing it's accurate. I guess I'll just be happy to get the car with a week or so of fall weather left... and then immediately go out and buy all seasons. Fail.

Before I relocated to California I had 3 hours of 0-5mph traffic every single day - in a Fiat Panda manual.
You just described my own personal vision of hell.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:40 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Not one thing has gone to plan during this entire order process. Literally, the only saving grace I have is that I'm getting the car at MSRP. It's been a disaster otherwise from start to finish so far.

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Was going to post that I'm glad it isn't just me, but looks like there are a few of us on the same "production start 9/2" boat... it is irritating though that I keep seeing that delivery date getting closer but also that I'm lying to myself if I start believing it's accurate. I guess I'll just be happy to get the car with a week or so of fall weather left... and then immediately go out and buy all seasons. Fail.

You just described my own personal vision of hell.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:50 AM
vtplm
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

TYD finally shows mine as start production this morning. Strange thing is there's no date of completion and it still says est date as 9/2. I guess it's still some progress at least. All the other dates haven't changed.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:52 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Your CP8.0 was supposed to be 9/2?

Originally Posted by vtplm
TYD finally shows mine as start production this morning. Strange thing is there's no date of completion and it still says est date as 9/2. I guess it's still some progress at least. All the other dates haven't changed.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...