Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 02:02 PM
DelkHenn
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rasputin.
Somebody kindly asked you how you knew this information, and you are acting like you have strict orders from MI6 not to share. While I hope your data is correct (and it very well could be), I assume is not from a credible source, and if it is valid, it will just be a coincidence.

We are here to help each other out, talk cars, life, and BS. No one needs any kind of holier than thou attitude. Take it somewhere else.
Brotato chip,

All was well until you jumped in with your assumptions. And here you go again assuming that the information I provided “is not from a credible source”. If I had ****ty intel from a zone rep or a general manager I would be more than happy to tell you where I heard it. There is a reason I am intentionally vague about how I know this.

It is public knowledge that mid-engine P cars will go electric in 2025. Mid-engine Porsche ICE cars will be produced up until Cayman goes electric. As Borg1of5 mentioned, GT4 production is running at full tilt which means that the introduction of GT4RS will inhibit the ability to produce as many GT4s. GT cars are some of VW groups biggest money makers so Porsche will crank out as many as they can in order to subsidize their dieselgate fines and efforts to go electric.

Have a joyous afternoon.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:09 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by Chonson
Siem Confucius is east coast bound, so probably not for us. I found this in the 992 GT3 forum. It looks like Lyra Leader could be the next west coast bound ship and it'll hit Emden on the 14th.

Lyra Leader it shall be! After that it's Dione Leader but the Lyra looks more in line with my TYD dates. Lyra is already in port in Emden.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:18 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by DelkHenn
Brotato chip,

All was well until you jumped in with your assumptions. And here you go again assuming that the information I provided “is not from a credible source”. If I had ****ty intel from a zone rep or a general manager I would be more than happy to tell you where I heard it. There is a reason I am intentionally vague about how I know this.

It is public knowledge that mid-engine P cars will go electric in 2025. Mid-engine Porsche ICE cars will be produced up until Cayman goes electric. As Borg1of5 mentioned, GT4 production is running at full tilt which means that the introduction of GT4RS will inhibit the ability to produce as many GT4s. GT cars are some of VW groups biggest money makers so Porsche will crank out as many as they can in order to subsidize their dieselgate fines and efforts to go electric.

Have a joyous afternoon.

1) Just because Porsche makes money on the car does not mean they will keep producing it just to pay for fines. The GT division is meant to be exclusive by design.
2) Porsche certainly has a higher profit margin on other cars in the 718 line than the GT4.
3)The decision to end the production of GT cars in the past had nothing to do with demand. Besides exclusivity, it came down to tooling, amongst other things. Listen to Andreas Preuninger talk about this on Collecting Cars podcast with Chris Harris.
4) You've basically named every position inside of a dealership and said you have not spoken to any of them. I am done speaking with you about this subject.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:34 PM
vrae2009
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

Monday was a great day! I've now officially exited the waiting room...Carrera White, Boxster Classic interior, PCCBs, manual trans. I drove it less than 20km to home and that experience alone was enough to show me just how special this car is. I can't wait for PPF to be done next week so that I can actually drive it!

The following 9 users liked this post by vrae2009:
ausgang (04-14-2022), Chonson (04-14-2022), dmboone25 (04-14-2022), fester (04-16-2022), JBM718GTS (04-14-2022), Rasputin. (04-14-2022), Super Stroby (04-14-2022), TripleL (04-18-2022), UncleDude (04-14-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-14-2022, 02:52 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

@vrae2009 Awesome spec! I really dig the Carerra white, especially with the classic interior. Very timeless combination you have going on there.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:11 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,278 Posts

You two guys are cracking me up. DelkHenn, I will say the one door you left open with respect to doubting the quality of your information was that you said you got it by "hanging around dealerships too much." That led to Rasputin's assumption you were acting as if information from an SA or a SM was gospel, in a time when we are all very aware just how little those folks know (based on their inability to tell us what was going on with the production and delivery of cars on order). You apparently have more significant contacts than that, which is fine, but wasn't how you led in. You are new on the board, so haven't built a rep yet for having quality insider info; that will just take time to establish. It's the internet; surely you agree with everyone having a healthy dose of cynicism as their starting position.

Okay, Porsche folk group hug!

Keep the shiny side up

Last edited by Adrift; 04-14-2022 at 03:12 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Adrift:
ausgang (04-14-2022), DelkHenn (04-14-2022), Rasputin. (04-14-2022), Todd.Dang3r (04-14-2022), Toon902 (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 03:17 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adrift
You two guys are cracking me up. DelkHenn, I will say the one door you left open with respect to doubting the quality of your information was that you said you got it by "hanging around dealerships too much." That led to Rasputin's assumption you were acting as if information from an SA or a SM was gospel, in a time when we are all very aware just how little those folks know (based on their inability to tell us what was going on with the production and delivery of cars on order). You apparently have more significant contacts than that, which is fine, but wasn't how you led in. You are new on the board, so haven't built a rep yet for having quality insider info; that will just take time to establish. It's the internet; surely you agree with everyone having a healthy dose of cynicism as their starting position.

Okay, Porsche folk group hug!

Keep the shiny side up
I am very pleased we could entertain you. You are like our make a wish kid right now with all of the bad luck you have been having, so I am happy to bring some joy into your life
The following users liked this post:
Adrift (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 04:00 PM
slowdown
Instructor

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Is it really true that Porsche can produce as many GT cars as they want? Don't they have to meet CAFE averages for all cars sold - meaning more Taycans and 4 cylinder Macans need to be produced? Or does it apply at the VW group level?
Old 04-14-2022, 04:58 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slowdown
Is it really true that Porsche can produce as many GT cars as they want? Don't they have to meet CAFE averages for all cars sold - meaning more Taycans and 4 cylinder Macans need to be produced? Or does it apply at the VW group level?
No, it is not true that they can produce as many GT cars as they want.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:49 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Lyra Leader it shall be! After that it's Dione Leader but the Lyra looks more in line with my TYD dates. Lyra is already in port in Emden.

Might as well reply to my own post. Lyra Leader has left the building (departed from Emden just a few minutes ago) so I doubt I'm on it.

Dione Leader is up next. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:00 PM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Might as well reply to my own post. Lyra Leader has left the building (departed from Emden just a few minutes ago) so I doubt I'm on it.

Dione Leader is up next. Keeping fingers crossed.
There might still be hope. I didn't get my TYD notice until a few hours into the boat being underway.
The following users liked this post:
SpyderSenseOC (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 07:14 PM
dmboone25
Racer

Received 317 Likes on 178 Posts

Soooooo...my TYD just updated and my car is now showing as "Ready for Transport" - that means it's totally complete right?

I don't see any production pictures anywhere, but it might be too soon for those to be loaded - how long does it usually take to get on a train?

I almost can't believe it's real!
Old 04-14-2022, 07:59 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dmboone25
Soooooo...my TYD just updated and my car is now showing as "Ready for Transport" - that means it's totally complete right?

I don't see any production pictures anywhere, but it might be too soon for those to be loaded - how long does it usually take to get on a train?

I almost can't believe it's real!

Post your spec. Or better yet, images of your build from the Porsche app.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:30 PM
thejholmes
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

Grr, car starts production 2 days early and now TYD says delivery is pushed back a week from 6/24 to 7/1.

Hoping I jump on a fast boat to the west coast.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:50 PM
DelkHenn
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rasputin.

1) Just because Porsche makes money on the car does not mean they will keep producing it just to pay for fines. The GT division is meant to be exclusive by design.
2) Porsche certainly has a higher profit margin on other cars in the 718 line than the GT4.
3)The decision to end the production of GT cars in the past had nothing to do with demand. Besides exclusivity, it came down to tooling, amongst other things. Listen to Andreas Preuninger talk about this on Collecting Cars podcast with Chris Harris.
4) You've basically named every position inside of a dealership and said you have not spoken to any of them. I am done speaking with you about this subject.
You are a young man. It will serve you well for the rest of your life to not make so many assumptions.

Let’s get back to the original question which was something to the effect of will there be a MY 2023 GT4 to which I answered yes but likely a reduced number because of GT4RS.

1) We can all agree that the GT division is exclusive. The plant is at full capacity with three shifts even with chip and wiring harness constraints. With billions and billions of dollars needed for electric efforts Porsche will produce as many high margin vehicles as practical, given the exclusive nature of the different lines as well as CAFE constraints. i.e. they won’t make all GTS, GT, Turbo & Turbo S. Before you take this out of context, note I said practical, not possible. That being said, GT cars have generally gotten less exclusive over time and there is no reason to think they will let off the gas now.

2) You clearly have in depth accounting knowledge into Porsche’s profit margins since you are certain that Porsche has a higher profit margin on other cars in the 718 line than the GT4. All I said was that GT cars are some of VW groups biggest money makers.

3) Not sure where you are going with the comment about ending production based on demand. I never said anything about GT4 demand or how long production will continue for the GT4. I don’t claim to know if GT4 production will go beyond ’23 but between now and the end of production Porsche will crank out as many as they can. Not as many as they want to. Not so many as to match supply with demand. In other words, as many as is practical given the exclusive nature of GT cars as well as other constraints like CAFE.

4) no comment

This has been fun.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...