Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 01:02 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
Can't make this **** up: after my wife's Macan went down with the Felicity Ace, I was counting my blessings that even though it got to Emden around the same time, my GT4 was not also loaded on that ship. Instead, it sat in Emden for a month before finally hitching a ride on the SFL Composer. Composer got into port in Rhode Island back on the 14th, so was expecting my car any day. Just spoke to my SA: the SFL Composer experienced rough seas during the journey and a number of the cars were damaged. Currently, they don't know which ones, are going through all of them with a fine-tooth comb. So if you were also on the Composer, might want to reach out to your SA.
Originally Posted by Rasputin.
Hey, did you find out if your GT4 was safe on the boat?
I did, supposedly all good. Though at this rate, I'm not declaring total victory until it's safely parked in my garage (hopefully this week).
Well, ****: this is comical. Just heard from my SA. After we thought it had escaped any damage aboard the ship, turns out that's not true. I'm told the cars have been sorted into three categories: green (inspected and fine), blue (damaged, but repairable), and red (totalled). Mine is blue. They are entering a new production order immediately and will expedite with the expectation most in the blue group will want new cars. He's reaching out to his rep to find out exactly what the damage is on mine.

Now 0/2 in ordering Porsches.

Last edited by nobbyv; 04-13-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:25 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Well, ****: this is comical. Just heard from my SA. After we thought it had escaped any damage aboard the ship, turns out that's not true. I'm told the cars have been sorted into three categories: green (inspected and fine), blue (damaged, but repairable), and red (totalled). Mine is blue. They are entering a new production order immediately and will expedite with the expectation most in the blue group will want new cars. He's reaching out to his rep to find out exactly what the damage is on mine.

I thought that stuff only happened to me. First one sinks to the bottom of the Atlantic and the second one gets tossed around and damaged? You might want to consider a 2021 Corvette C8 Convertible with 1750 miles on it. lol
The following users liked this post:
Todd.Dang3r (04-14-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 01:27 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
I thought that stuff only happened to me. First one sinks to the bottom of the Atlantic and the second one gets tossed around and damaged? You might want to consider a 2021 Corvette C8 Convertible with 1750 miles on it. lol
Old 04-13-2022, 01:27 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
I might go a different way and just get a horse. Or a jetpack.
The following 7 users liked this post by nobbyv:
CatVaux (04-23-2022), Chonson (04-13-2022), halfmonkey (04-13-2022), radiospares (04-15-2022), Rasputin. (04-13-2022), SmallCapTrader (04-14-2022), SpyderSenseOC (04-13-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-13-2022, 01:34 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,278 Posts

Hard to adequately describe how much that sucks. You have all the sympathy I have to give, and then some.
TripleL (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 01:53 PM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 100 Posts

I think it's time for you to inquire about an upgrade to a 4RS with no ADM.

@Todd.Dang3r Would you mind posting another TYD update on Glovis Supreme? For whatever reason TYD is only loading on the top third of the screen on the app and website for me which hides all of the information I want to see. It's been like this for about a week.

@SpyderSenseOC You have an idea of what ship you are getting on now?
Old 04-13-2022, 02:01 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

I might go a different way and just get a horse. Or a jetpack.
If you get a horse, its going to end up like the one in The Godfather.
nobbyv (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 03:46 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Sounds more like a Greek tragedy to me. Hurry up and tell them you ordered a "green" one! Settle for an RS.
Would you mind terribly taking lead on shipping all of Putin's armour across the Black Sea? Help a guy out.
As inspiring as a Panamanian or Liberian registration may be -- there seems to be something just shy of adequate going on in RoRo operations these days.
Wind? What wind. We don't take precautions against THAT.

Best wishes for whatever path you choose.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:09 PM
dash267
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

We'll probably be ship buddies haha mine was just completed yesterday as well
Old 04-13-2022, 04:11 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,278 Posts

lol In the best spirit of "everything is about me," I'll assume that is a veiled reference. The thing is, I can't truly attest to the invulnerability of the "green car approach" for another few weeks. Stand by.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:30 PM
Toon902
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by devrandom
I'm actually based in Toronto, but pretty sure the car will be shipped into Halifax first. If you have access to the port then maybe you can help snap a pic?
Dev - Thanks for the details. I've got a better idea - why don't I road trip it up to you in GTA and do a personal hand-off? I am sure I can make it there faster than the transport truck and will basically get you through the break-in period so that you can fully enjoy it from Day One. Deal?

Interesting comments on seats too - I don't intend to track mine, but I am tall (6'3") and weigh about 210. I'll have to see if I can sit in the 2-ways and 14-ways before I commit. The good news is that if I do the personal delivery, I'll have a great opportunity to test the 14-ways!

I'm planning on taking the opposite tack. No stealth for me! The car looks great in Lava Orange, or at least it will stand out in a crowd. Anyways, that's the plan.

I got my deposit down in late fall and have been told that I should see an allocation this year. I'm going to try to do a European delivery, so next April would be ideal, but that may be pushing my luck a little bit.

Thanks again and congrats!
Old 04-13-2022, 07:06 PM
DelkHenn
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rasputin.
Unfortunately, SA’s are not the most reliable people. I am sure they are happy to get as many deposits and people on waitlists as possible though.

With that said, I do believe that MY23 is happening, but I have no concrete evidence.
That is mighty presumptuous of you to assume the info came from an SA. Simply trying to help a guy out. Have a nice day.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:33 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DelkHenn
That is mighty presumptuous of you to assume the info came from an SA. Simply trying to help a guy out. Have a nice day.
Sorry, I didn’t realize the receptionist was so knowledgeable!

Relax man, it wasn’t meant to be offensive. Yes, it was oh so presumptuous to think you spoke to the SA at the dealership… Realistically, who am I supposed to assume you spoke to at the dealership? The ghost of Ferdinand?

Have a blessed day

Last edited by Rasputin.; 04-13-2022 at 07:35 PM.
Chonson (04-14-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 08:22 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
look DEEPLY into my eyes...you do NOT want a spyder rs. you WANT for Adrift to get one. he DESERVES one greatly, for all his tribulations. no sacrifice is too great in your efforts to assist him in this endeavor.

(i'm 99.999% sure i won't be able to get within a country mile of one, nor will they be less than...$250k on the open market, if limited to 1 year, as is rumored. i would say $300k, but that is speedster territory. will a 9A1 spyder go for more than a speedster?)
Adrift will get nothing…and like it.
lilbza (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 09:29 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Just discovered this feature of vesselfinder.com. Didn’t realize you could see the schedule of boats coming into a particular port.

Looks like the Siem Confucius might be the one for me. Arrives on 15 April which aligns nicely with my on vessel date from track your dream.

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 04-14-2022 at 02:07 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by SpyderSenseOC:
Lucent (04-13-2022), MechEngr1287 (04-14-2022), Super Stroby (04-14-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...