Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 08:44 AM
Toon902
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by devrandom
Hi everyone:

Long time lurker here.

I checked in with my SA and confirmed my CGTS went into CP8 a couple days ago and is now sitting in Emden. Looks like it should be going on a ship on Apr 15 heading to Halifax. Could someone please help me with finding the vessel list for ships heading to Canada? I'm not having much luck with the thread search function.
Congrats on the CGTS! I’m waiting for my allocation and am (hopefully) next on the list in Halifax. What was your timeline, from ordering to allocation to delivery? What’s your spec?? Colour, seats, etc.

I’m in the Valley and would love to check yours out once it’s landed, especially the seats. I’m debating between the 2-way Sport Seats and 14-way - lots of opinions on Rennlist either way, but of course, it depends on body type.

If you’d prefer, please PM me and big congrats!!
Old 04-12-2022, 09:26 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,278 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
My Spyder has been sitting in Emden since March 21st, while I've seen other cars arrive in port almost ten days later that already on boats headed this way. SMH
That would be incredibly frustrating. Are you sure it’s not just a tyd gaff? That it’s not already on a boat? Wouldn’t be the first time that has happened, based on stories on here.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:35 AM
DRH68W
AutoX

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

My Spyder has been sitting in Emden since March 21st, while I've seen other cars arrive in port almost ten days later that already on boats headed this way. SMH[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain, my CGTS is almost here, and I've been waiting two weeks for them to load it on a truck and send it to the dealer.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:57 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DRH68W
My Spyder has been sitting in Emden since March 21st, while I've seen other cars arrive in port almost ten days later that already on boats headed this way. SMH

I feel your pain, my CGTS is almost here, and I've been waiting two weeks for them to load it on a truck and send it to the dealer.
Ouch, sitting at your (local) port for two weeks? I have been trying to tell myself there is no way my car could sit in Houston for two weeks, like TYD says it will. Why would they have hustled it to Emden to get it on a boat right before it left, just to leave it sitting in the delivery port. Are there strikes / protests / labor shortages at your port?
Old 04-12-2022, 11:17 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,642 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
Ouch, sitting at your (local) port for two weeks? I have been trying to tell myself there is no way my car could sit in Houston for two weeks, like TYD says it will. Why would they have hustled it to Emden to get it on a boat right before it left, just to leave it sitting in the delivery port. Are there strikes / protests / labor shortages at your port?
Departing US ports is dependent on contracted haulage; Reliable mainly for my dealership. It’s dependent on the contracted hauler schedule.

I’m 200 miles from port; took a week. Same boat, cars got to St Louis in 2-3 days.

Besides TYD being useless, there is no insight into this final leg. My dealer get’s the call day of or day prior.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:37 AM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 289 Posts

For those of you that have received your production photos from the plant, where did you find them? Our car arrived at Emden on April 06 and is supposed to be loaded on a boat on April 15. I keep checking TYD but I do not see anywhere on the site a place to access photos. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
CatVaux (04-22-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 12:22 PM
Chonson
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by OldJedi
For those of you that have received your production photos from the plant, where did you find them? Our car arrived at Emden on April 06 and is supposed to be loaded on a boat on April 15. I keep checking TYD but I do not see anywhere on the site a place to access photos. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Has TYD changed to Phase 3 (Your vehicle has been produced) yet? My photos didn't show up until I went from Phase 2 to 3, which was about 1 week after the vehicle actually finished production.
MechEngr1287 (04-12-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 12:32 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Yeah, phase 3 was the trigger for me. And they kind of just show up, integrated into the feed. It isn't like there was a link saying "Pics of your baby this way ->" If you see a car that looks like your spec in some pics as you are scrolling, that is probably it. lol
Old 04-12-2022, 01:55 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Chonson
Has TYD changed to Phase 3 (Your vehicle has been produced) yet? My photos didn't show up until I went from Phase 2 to 3, which was about 1 week after the vehicle actually finished production.
Originally Posted by Adrift
Yeah, phase 3 was the trigger for me. And they kind of just show up, integrated into the feed. It isn't like there was a link saying "Pics of your baby this way ->" If you see a car that looks like your spec in some pics as you are scrolling, that is probably it. lol

Yes, thanks the car has been produced and transported to the port in Emden to to shipped out in three days. Not sure which boat it will be put on yet. I'm not sure which phase it is in. I was looking more for pictures than a phase. Thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated.
Old 04-12-2022, 03:04 PM
Growler48
Instructor

Received 179 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by DRH68W
Mine has been sitting there since the 23rd. Supposed to be loaded on Friday, potentially, on the Siem Confucius.
Chris Danusiar (04-12-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 03:07 PM
Chonson
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Growler48
Mine has been sitting there since the 23rd. Supposed to be loaded on Friday, potentially, on the Siem Confucius.
Where is your car headed?
Old 04-12-2022, 03:27 PM
Growler48
Instructor

Received 179 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Chonson
Where is your car headed?

Baltimore
Old 04-12-2022, 03:43 PM
Chris Danusiar
Track Day

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

@Growler48 How do you know Siem Confucius? Mine too is to be loaded by Friday too. Headed to Atlanta PEC so I assume Jacksonville port? thank you!
Old 04-12-2022, 04:12 PM
Chonson
Rennlist Member

Mine is scheduled to be "On vessel" on Friday as well, but headed to Benicia. I guess we'll find out on Friday where Siem Confucius is going.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:56 PM
devrandom
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toon902
Congrats on the CGTS! I’m waiting for my allocation and am (hopefully) next on the list in Halifax. What was your timeline, from ordering to allocation to delivery? What’s your spec?? Colour, seats, etc.

I’m in the Valley and would love to check yours out once it’s landed, especially the seats. I’m debating between the 2-way Sport Seats and 14-way - lots of opinions on Rennlist either way, but of course, it depends on body type.

If you’d prefer, please PM me and big congrats!!
I'm actually based in Toronto, but pretty sure the car will be shipped into Halifax first. If you have access to the port then maybe you can help snap a pic?

I went with the 14 way sport seat with ventilation. I also sat in the carbon bucket and the base sport plus seats. While the carbon was also very comfortable for me I'm just not sure my body will stay the same shape for the next 20+ years. I tried the sport plus seat in a 2-3 year old (?) boxster and that felt a bit too loose to me (I plan on tracking the car), though I also sat in a Sport Plus in a new 992 and that felt fine. Colour wise I originally went with Aventurine Green, but then I saw some online pics that showed the car as more olive then I liked in the sun, so chickened out and went with the safer option of agate grey. Kinda going for the sleeper look (Car is de-badged btw). Now I'm second guessing my choice since I saw a bunch of videos of cayman in aventurine green and the colour looked closer to the colour sample I saw in the dealership. Oh well. It's still an amazing car either way.

Schedule wise I placed my deposit in July 2021, got allocation a bit before Christmas, V200 on March 1st 2022. V250 on March 18, CP0 on March 30 (original expected date was April 1) and CP8 April 6. No idea when the car will get here as I saw some posts here of cars sitting in Emden for weeks.

Best of luck on your order!

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...