Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022 | 06:40 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Can attest to the G numbers; my car's production is scheduled for 7/29 (also scheduled to complete 7/29) and it's a 2023. Arrival date still scheduled for 8/26. All according to TYD.

Also, electric steering column has been removed as a feature for 2023, so I didn't get a voucher.

Other changes I extracted from my SA for 2023:

- wired CarPlay included for GT4/Spyder as standard
- My Porsche app replaces Porsche Connect, all models equipped with Car Connect standard
- addition of Ice Grey and Arctic Grey
- Frozen Berry discontinued after October 2022 allocations
- Lava Orange discontinued
- Ruby Star Neo planned tentatively for early 2023 production as a special color
- Dolomite Silver disoctninued
- Black/Luxor Beige leather will be discontinued after October 22
- Entry and Drive will have frunk/trunk releases without key fob, apparently this was skipped for 22 but 21 had it. Price goes up from 22 as a result
- Prep for Porsche Dashcam option added
- Locking lug nuts option added
- Adaptive Cruise control temporarily unavailable on base/T/S models
- aforementioned electric steering column goes away
Good info. Looks like I might end up with one of the last 2022s.
Old 07-02-2022 | 08:00 AM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Can attest to the G numbers; my car's production is scheduled for 7/29 (also scheduled to complete 7/29) and it's a 2023. Arrival date still scheduled for 8/26. All according to TYD.

Also, electric steering column has been removed as a feature for 2023, so I didn't get a voucher.

- My Porsche app replaces Porsche Connect, all models equipped with Car Connect standard
- Ruby Star Neo planned tentatively for early 2023 production as a special color
- Entry and Drive will have frunk/trunk releases without key fob, apparently this was skipped for 22 but 21 had it. Price goes up from 22 as a result
Excellent intel! Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-02-2022 | 08:27 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Damn it! I better get my Frozan Berry order in. I wonder what the take percentage on that option was, .76235%?
The following users liked this post:
manifold danger (07-02-2022)
Old 07-02-2022 | 09:15 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received $500 certificate for both Macan GTS and GT4.
GT4 was build today, September 28 earliest pickup date at Zuffenhausen is ridiculous..
Old 07-02-2022 | 09:29 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Damn it! I better get my Frozan Berry order in. I wonder what the take percentage on that option was, .76235%?
Probably about the same rate Ruby Star Neo will be... although I can't say I hate it.

jimdillard (07-02-2022)
Old 07-02-2022 | 11:17 AM
Todd.Dang3r
Instructor

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
What irritated me most is the $900 upcharge to paint my $8000 brake-upgraded car to black calipers. lol Throw something in for free!
That $900 is your tax for detecting who *really* has attention to detail at the car meet up 🤣.

I’ve received a number of comments on my black calipers over PCCBs.
Old 07-02-2022 | 11:24 AM
Todd.Dang3r
Instructor

300 miles into the Spyder and absolutely loving everything about it (yes, even the gearing and the exhaust).

Thought those configuring their cars could appreciate this absolutely inspired 1 of 1 Spyder:

View this post on Instagram
Fdvigna (07-02-2022)
Old 07-02-2022 | 01:35 PM
bulkychipmonk
Instructor

Originally Posted by Don Fitzpatrick
Well, after a surprise allocation in November, I am finally out of the waiting room. Picked up yesterday at PEC Atlanta.
What a beauty! How was the PEC Atlanta experience? I’m picking mine up there too. Currently at Emden, waiting for a ship. Looking forward to PEC and then getting a few miles under my belt driving back up to MD.
Old 07-02-2022 | 02:22 PM
Mecheng244
Advanced

Originally Posted by bulkychipmonk
What a beauty! How was the PEC Atlanta experience? I’m picking mine up there too. Currently at Emden, waiting for a ship. Looking forward to PEC and then getting a few miles under my belt driving back up to MD.
Coming from MD as well, have a GTS on the way to Emdem. Doing PEC ATL. I'm having mines shipped back up since it won't have ppf or ceramic applied. When is your estimated PEC time frame? They told me middle of September and would confirm once the car is on the boat.
Old 07-02-2022 | 02:28 PM
bulkychipmonk
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mecheng244
Coming from MD as well, have a GTS on the way to Emdem. Doing PEC ATL. I'm having mines shipped back up since it won't have ppf or ceramic applied. When is your estimated PEC time frame? They told me middle of September and would confirm once the car is on the boat.
Same, PEC estimated middle of September, but hoping it might be middle/late August. My car has been at Emden for a few weeks, and hoping it gets on the Siem Aristotle, due into Emden in a few days.

Not sure what I’m going to do as far as PPF goes. Was going to use the PEC service, but heard mixed reviews, so might try and find someone in the Atalanta area that can do it.
Mecheng244 (07-02-2022)
Old 07-02-2022 | 03:18 PM
Chonson
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Received $500 certificate for both Macan GTS and GT4.
GT4 was build today, September 28 earliest pickup date at Zuffenhausen is ridiculous..
The certificate is for... no electronic steering wheel adjustments? Mine was produced in April. Wonder if I can get the certificate, too.
Old 07-02-2022 | 03:34 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Same, PEC estimated middle of September, but hoping it might be middle/late August. My car has been at Emden for a few weeks, and hoping it gets on the Siem Aristotle, due into Emden in a few days.

Not sure what I’m going to do as far as PPF goes. Was going to use the PEC service, but heard mixed reviews, so might try and find someone in the Atalanta area that can do it.
I've heard the same about PEC and their PPF installation. I live in Atlanta so if you need recommendations, I'm happy to provide them.
Old 07-02-2022 | 04:49 PM
bulkychipmonk
Instructor

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
I've heard the same about PEC and their PPF installation. I live in Atlanta so if you need recommendations, I'm happy to provide them.
Would absolutely love some recommendations!
Old 07-02-2022 | 05:20 PM
Don Fitzpatrick
Advanced

I was blown away at Porsches execution. The meal was excellent, the people were top notch and it’s just a fun experience to be handheld for a car purchase. My friend drove me down and we went the back way through the west nc mountains which was epic! We didn’t get home till 1am. It’s an experience I won’t soon forget with my best friend for over 20 years. For that, the $600 seemed like a bargain.
The following 3 users liked this post by Don Fitzpatrick:
bulkychipmonk (07-02-2022), MaddMike (07-02-2022), TripleL (07-05-2022)
Old 07-02-2022 | 05:25 PM
Don Fitzpatrick
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mecheng244
fyi my pec time pushed back significantly and was over 45 days from port to delivery

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...