Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2021 | 07:30 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Felicity Ace has left the building! Last night, Felicity left Davisville, RI. My car is ready for transport to my dealership! Let the pigeons loose!
What happened to your daily report today Adam ?
Old 12-28-2021 | 08:45 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

The Felicity Ace unloaded Sunday ( my car) and then left. I stopped following it for selfish reasons.

My car is currently awaiting a ride to the dealer. It was not on today's truck(!!!!) but should be on tomorrow's rig for the 3.5 hour ride. I will be at the dealer, camera and balloons in hand to welcome it to NY. Then it's off to PDI, OAP, and then PPF. I'll post pics when it happens for sure!
The following 2 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
ausgang (12-29-2021), JBM718GTS (12-28-2021)
Old 12-29-2021 | 09:07 AM
Nomoracin
Advanced

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
Sparrows Point is in the neighborhood of Baltimore. I assume something told you Baltimore as it’s a generic location people would know. I’d be very surprised if your car wasn’t unloaded at Sparrows Point.

Congratulations.
You were right. It did get unloaded at Sparrows Point. Whether that was planned or not is unclear to me though. (But that doesn’t matter.)
Old 12-29-2021 | 09:25 AM
Nomoracin
Advanced

Originally Posted by GT4 Shark Blue
My first experience buying a Porsche and it has been an adventure. When I first got my allocation back in July I was told my anticipated delivery date would be 12-31. Since then TYD has moved my projected delivery date all over the place. Up until a couple days ago it was showing 1-21. Before that it was projecting February. Now it shows 1-7. But my sales manager has confirmed it is on a truck today and in route with an expected 2 day drive it will be at the dealer in the 29th or 30th at the latest so probably a 12-31 delivery just like I was told on day one. The sad thing is I will never get back the hours of my life I wasted looking at that stupid app several times per day. I am not out of here yet but my best advice is delete that app from your phone. Call the SA once every couple weeks and enjoy your life. In the end time is more precious than these cars. ( I know easy for me to say now ). Haha.
I agree with your advice. It’s very hard to not get tempted to check on the status of your car constantly via the TYD app, but unfortunately, the status has been wildly inaccurate for me.

The idea of the tracking app is great, however, it is just not there yet. Many times, the app will be stuck at a certain step and then 1 day, it skips a few. It seems that it’s more useful as an afterwards progress tracker like viewing the history rather than live. Hopefully, one day, they’ll be able to provide a more “real-time” status though.

I’ve ordered a couple Jeeps before and they did not provide a way of tracking and the time felt like it passed a lot faster. Maybe it’s just my personality type, but checking daily multiple times just makes time feel so much slower.

So, yea, I think the best thing to do is to not even check the app at all and just forget about it…wait obliviously for that call from your SA and enjoy your life in the meantime!
Old 12-29-2021 | 09:39 AM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nomoracin
I agree with your advice. It’s very hard to not get tempted to check on the status of your car constantly via the TYD app, but unfortunately, the status has been wildly inaccurate for me.

The idea of the tracking app is great, however, it is just not there yet. Many times, the app will be stuck at a certain step and then 1 day, it skips a few. It seems that it’s more useful as an afterwards progress tracker like viewing the history rather than live. Hopefully, one day, they’ll be able to provide a more “real-time” status though.

I’ve ordered a couple Jeeps before and they did not provide a way of tracking and the time felt like it passed a lot faster. Maybe it’s just my personality type, but checking daily multiple times just makes time feel so much slower.

So, yea, I think the best thing to do is to not even check the app at all and just forget about it…wait obliviously for that call from your SA and enjoy your life in the meantime!
Can you guys clarify something for me: I have the the "My Porsche" app on my iPhone. Within that app is a link that when clicked will launch a browser and take you to the "Track Your Dream" website. But there's not actually a separate "Track Your Dream" APP, right?I searched the Apple store and didn't see anything. Not trying to be pedantic, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything as I obsess over when my car will arrive...
Old 12-29-2021 | 09:49 AM
nova996
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nobbyv
Can you guys clarify something for me: I have the the "My Porsche" app on my iPhone. Within that app is a link that when clicked will launch a browser and take you to the "Track Your Dream" website. But there's not actually a separate "Track Your Dream" APP, right?I searched the Apple store and didn't see anything. Not trying to be pedantic, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything as I obsess over when my car will arrive...
That is correct. No actual app.
Old 12-29-2021 | 10:49 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

you should also check via a computer. The app will provide 3 photos once built, the computer only 1. But some of the details are easier to see on the computer. (I checked 100x a day for months. Type A here. Guilty. BTW, I will lay eyes on my car today, any minute! I'm awaiting the call that the truck rolled into the dealership like an expectant father pacing in the hospital waiting room!)
Old 12-29-2021 | 11:00 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

you should also check via a computer. The app will provide 3 photos once built, the computer only 1. But some of the details are easier to see on the computer. (I checked 100x a day for months. Type A here. Guilty. BTW, I will lay eyes on my car today, any minute! I'm awaiting the call that the truck rolled into the dealership like an expectant father pacing in the hospital waiting room!)
lol Breathe in breathe out

You can't enjoy the car if you suffer a heart attack or stroke.

I see you had a FF Cobra; I had a Lone Star (FE428), years ago. I wonder if they are still in business. You're not going to miss the constant circus that comes with those cars?

Last edited by Adrift; 12-29-2021 at 11:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AdamIsAdam (12-29-2021)
Old 12-29-2021 | 11:01 AM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

You analogy about pacing the floor as an expectant parent is so spot on. I have described the whole process to be similar to being an expectant parent. You know when you first place a deposit with your dealer you are trying to get pregnant. Then you get the call that you got an allocation is like finally getting a positive pregnancy test. Haha. The photo of your car on the assembly line is like the first ultrasound. Now you are pacing the floor waiting to see your car get backed off the truck as if the truck is giving birth and you get to see your baby take it’s first breath. But then the Dr whisks it away to clean it up and check it’s vitals before it get formally presented to you as a nice new shinny baby. Oh the joy!! Yes I have a sick mind. And no my wife is not happy about the comparison. Haha.
The following 3 users liked this post by GT4 Shark Blue:
fman15 (12-29-2021), JBM718GTS (12-29-2021), Nomoracin (12-30-2021)
Old 12-29-2021 | 11:13 AM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

Originally Posted by sgreer78
Go pick it up Saturday then you save the personal property tax for 2023!
Trust me I wish that was an option. However the sales manager at my local dealership has made it clear that he will sell my car this year to help his bottom line so if he has the car either I buy it or he will sell it to the next guy in line who will probably pay
$20,000 more than me anyway. So he has me over a barrel on that one.
Old 12-29-2021 | 11:17 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

You analogy about pacing the floor as an expectant parent is so spot on. I have described the whole process to be similar to being an expectant parent. You know when you first place a deposit with your dealer you are trying to get pregnant. Then you get the call that you got an allocation is like finally getting a positive pregnancy test. Haha. The photo of your car on the assembly line is like the first ultrasound. Now you are pacing the floor waiting to see your car get backed off the truck as if the truck is giving birth and you get to see your baby take it’s first breath. But then the Dr whisks it away to clean it up and check it’s vitals before it get formally presented to you as a nice new shinny baby. Oh the joy!! Yes I have a sick mind. And no my wife is not happy about the comparison. Haha.
That's PERFECT! I keep telling my wife "look, I'm not nuts, look at what all these other guys are saying/doing." She says that doesn't prove I'm not nuts, just that WE'RE ALL NUTS! I'm ok with that. We're all in good company.
The following 2 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
mp2day (01-01-2022), Nomoracin (12-30-2021)
Old 12-29-2021 | 12:27 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Don't forget getting the "nursery" ready! We built a new house two years ago and left the garage drywalled but unpainted and without interior trim. My wife doesn't understand why now it's a priority to get this done.
The following 2 users liked this post by nobbyv:
GT4 Shark Blue (12-29-2021), Nomoracin (12-30-2021)
Old 12-29-2021 | 12:48 PM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

Don't forget getting the "nursery" ready! We built a new house two years ago and left the garage drywalled but unpainted and without interior trim. My wife doesn't understand why now it's a priority to get this done.
Yes 100%. I have been doing some serious nesting and the nursery is ready.

The following 7 users liked this post by GT4 Shark Blue:
AdamIsAdam (12-29-2021), Delta-j (12-31-2021), EJR2 (01-01-2022), fman15 (12-29-2021), nobbyv (12-29-2021), Nomoracin (12-30-2021), Paiceyfan (01-04-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-29-2021 | 12:52 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Yes 100%. I have been doing some serious nesting and the nursery is ready.
Love the floors! Any more pics of the whole pattern? Are those vinyl tiles or more like a RaceDeck-type interlocking tile? I'm planning on some vinyl commercial tiles in a pattern similar to this with a few colors. Armstrong even makes a "Gentian Blue" VCT, so obviously I'm going to need some of those to match my GBM paint!

Last edited by nobbyv; 12-29-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2021 | 12:55 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

I'm going out of my mind here! They induced at 10:30pm! (translation: my car left the port at that time). It's a 3.5 hour drive. Where the hell is it?! I hope there weren't complications with the delivery!
The following users liked this post:
Nomoracin (12-30-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...