Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 01:01 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Bummer @StilettoPat You got pushed into December? Let's hope no further!

My slip is 11 weeks so far...still the reigning champ!!!

GT4/spyder Support group meeting: Hello, my name is Hill, and it has been 2 weeks and 3 days since I last checked my delivery date...

Last edited by Adrift; 10-13-2021 at 01:02 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Adrift:
nova996 (10-21-2021), StilettoPat (10-13-2021), TikiLou (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 01:20 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
Hello, my name is Hill, and it has been 2 weeks and 3 days since I last checked my delivery date...
I don't think anybody on this forum would believe you went 2 weeks and 3 days without checking
The following users liked this post:
Alpha Ice (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 01:22 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I envision a scene out of Cars, with Sally Porsche and many others having fun conversations about their upcoming adventures with their new owners hahaha!
I love this!

And speaking of which, are you going to name your car?
Old 10-13-2021, 01:28 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiLou
I don't think anybody on this forum would believe you went 2 weeks and 3 days without checking

LOL, I think I average hourly. I need help.
The following 3 users liked this post by Spyder Bite:
Alpha Ice (10-13-2021), LnC993 (10-13-2021), TikiLou (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 01:31 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Exactly. Woohoo!

Here are more shots:

Congrats @Dan Nagy !!! Your patience has paid off.
Dan Nagy (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 01:39 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder Bite
LOL, I think I average hourly. I need help.
I had a whole screen dedicated to tracking the SFL conductor while it was in range, and for it's whole voyage across the Atlantic hahaha. I'm glad I don't have TYD, I wouldn't get anything done checking it every hour.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:44 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

I love this!

And speaking of which, are you going to name your car?
That's a good question, I'm not sure if I will or not. I had named my last one Mona (because the color was officially Carmona Red Metallic), but we always just called it the fun car, and then the Panamera was the Big Fat Fun Car, or BFF lol. It was easier than saying "Which Porsche did I drive today"...it sounded a bit hob knobby.

I'll have to think about a good female name, the first car I had I named I called her Sheila, because at the time her navigation sucked and we were big into Red Vs Blue (she reminded me a lot of a tank).
Old 10-13-2021, 02:07 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,276 Posts

My SA said if an allocation came in with a nearer date than mine, he would (try to) swap me out. He also said if I used the app, it might lock me into my current build, and therefore should avoid it. So, I don't have the app. Not sure it makes sense that a new allocation would have a nearer date, though, but Porsche moves in mysterious ways.

I am trying to only bug my SA at most once a month. It's not like knowing changes anything. (shrug)
Old 10-13-2021, 02:47 PM
JBSea
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts

Just sharing some info that may already be known.

My CGTS4.0 is getting on the vessel today. The Felicity Ace, bound for Houston. Scheduled (HAHAHAHAHA) to arrive Nov 4.

I have selected the PEC LA delivery but spoke to PCNA today and they are saying that the LA center is backed up MONTHS. Due to Covid restrictions and labor issues they cannot deliver as many cars a week as they could pre-pandemic. I was told that 2021 PEC LA delivery is now completely booked. They advised me that instead of late Nov I am probably more likely to be scheduled for March.

They gave me the option to take delivery from the dealer who sold me the car but after thinking about it and deciding I did not want to ship it or drive home from Chicago in late Nov I am staying with LA delivery. My dad lives in SoCal and we are going to do the delivery experience together and that is a part of this for me so I want to stay with that.

That is what I know.

PCNA told me that they are looking in to potential options to enable buyers to take possesion of the car sooner (for example perhaps at a dealer in LA) and then do the PEC experience at a later date.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:50 PM
JBSea
Instructor

Default PEC LA delivery on schedule?

Originally Posted by Targa32
my GT4 is on the Glovis Sun also headed for San Diego. Estimated arrival on October 26. I have a scheduled PECLA delivery on November 23rd. So about a 30 day additional delay for the fun delivery.

I can’t get any location on the ship tracking websites - but from Santa Marta to the canal is around 300 miles and the ship travels over 300 miles a day. The last position was 2 days ago when around 30% of the way to Panama- so It seems like the ship should be in the canal unless there is a wait at the mouth of the canal.

Then the run up the coast of North America. Will it stop at harbors along the way is unknown.
Targa32 is your PEC LA delivery still on schedule? As I posted above I was scheduled to take delivery late Nov and was told yesterday that there is now a 12 to 16 week delay at PEC LA. Hopefully you are in ahead of that! But am curious if you have heard anything similar? I never had a firm specific date so I hope you are one of the few who is booked. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:59 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I am firmly scheduled for November 23rd in the morning. They are even providing lunch for my six guests as well. I got some extra slack because I had a European delivery scheduled for this week in fact but they canceled all ED due to there production schedule being unpredictable.

I also bought three different Porsche’s this year which might have provided some slack as well.

I also bought track laps for my friends who are coming with us.

looks like it will happen on the 23rd of November as long as the car is on time and does not have any issues about delivery.

my Sales guy asked me to pay for the car late last week - seemed a little early since the car is still on the ship. What if the ship sinks? Then the car belongs to me and my car insurance would have to cover the vehicle?

once it is in San Diego on the ground I can see having to pay for the car prior to the PECLA delivery - anyone with experience with this situation.
JBSea (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 03:16 PM
JBSea
Instructor

Default Glad to hear!

I am firmly scheduled for November 23rd in the morning. They are even providing lunch for my six guests as well. I got some extra slack because I had a European delivery scheduled for this week in fact but they canceled all ED due to there production schedule being unpredictable.

I also bought three different Porsche’s this year which might have provided some slack as well.

I also bought track laps for my friends who are coming with us.

looks like it will happen on the 23rd of November as long as the car is on time and does not have any issues about delivery.

my Sales guy asked me to pay for the car late last week - seemed a little early since the car is still on the ship. What if the ship sinks? Then the car belongs to me and my car insurance would have to cover the vehicle?

once it is in San Diego on the ground I can see having to pay for the car prior to the PECLA delivery - anyone with experience with this situation.

That is good to hear! I am a first time buyer so I do not rate quite as highly. ha ha But I am glad that you are able to go and please do let me know how it goes. Feel free to PM me after your delivery.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:30 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

shark blue with shark blue wheels, roll bars and interior trim. Interior is chalk leather —- this is my wife’s car. This is what she wanted. To keep me from driving it she wants rhinestone studded license frames —

Dan Nagy (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 03:33 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Also blue top as well - my dealer was not happy with the blue wheels- I think because he believes it would be hard to sell if I backed out of the purchase. But I can always paint or have the wheels polished if they prove a little too blue.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:36 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 165 Posts

shark blue with shark blue wheels, roll bars and interior trim. Interior is chalk leather —- this is my wife’s car. This is what she wanted. To keep me from driving it she wants rhinestone studded license frames —

She is really trying to keep you away huh.
The following 4 users liked this post by SlickxAC:
Alpha Ice (10-13-2021), Dan Nagy (10-13-2021), flynlo (10-14-2021), smegman (10-13-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...