Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 11:52 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryLevelGT4
After being told two weeks ago by my SA that my car had been released from port hold, I felt like it was crazy that it would take this long to hop a truck to the dealership. So I reached out yesterday and asked what was causing the delay and specifically mentioned reports of the TPMS issue from RL. He came back and said he didn't have a way to see whether there was a TPMS issue in his system, which is contrary to what others have said here. So, what's the truth? Does anyone have any new intel on TPMS resolution ETA?

Edit: Oh, he came back later in the day and confirmed my car had the TPMS issue.
Yeah, seems 99% of cars have one key and no TPMS module.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:25 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Today marks four weeks at V260. My SA just texted - no change.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:37 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,549 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Today is exactly 6 months exactly to my (slipped) delivery date. So grateful to have a V code, but man this wait is eternal!
Old 09-17-2021, 01:09 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

I got an email from Porsche yesterday notifying me of my freeze date and telling me I can track the car with the Track Your Dream feature on the My Porsche app. I can see my entire schedule in the app and on the website now. I'm no longer dependent on updates from the dealer. I believe this functionality was previously offered to 992 buyers but apparently they are rolling it out to 718 buyers. If you have a car on order you may want to check your spam folder or log into My Porsche to see if you have the same functionality.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:14 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryLevelGT4
After being told two weeks ago by my SA that my car had been released from port hold, I felt like it was crazy that it would take this long to hop a truck to the dealership. So I reached out yesterday and asked what was causing the delay and specifically mentioned reports of the TPMS issue from RL. He came back and said he didn't have a way to see whether there was a TPMS issue in his system, which is contrary to what others have said here. So, what's the truth? Does anyone have any new intel on TPMS resolution ETA?

Edit: Oh, he came back later in the day and confirmed my car had the TPMS issue.
If you see above a text I got from my SA …he claims Porsche is expediting the parts. They do have an interest in getting the cars out of the ports because the ports are getting backed up. My car has been in port for over 3 weeks now…and I know others even more. And the dealership is only 30 miles from the port!!!
Old 09-17-2021, 01:18 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,047 Likes on 539 Posts

Got the same email yesterday. Nice feature. For some it will be ‘Track your anxiety’. 🤣
The following users liked this post:
Paiceyfan (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 01:21 PM
servicemodel
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
I got an email from Porsche yesterday notifying me of my freeze date and telling me I can track the car with the Track Your Dream feature on the My Porsche app. I can see my entire schedule in the app and on the website now. I'm no longer dependent on updates from the dealer. I believe this functionality was previously offered to 992 buyers but apparently they are rolling it out to 718 buyers. If you have a car on order you may want to check your spam folder or log into My Porsche to see if you have the same functionality.
Hm I went over and made a Porsche.com account. I can add a vehicle but requires a VIN so I don't think that's the right place. I never received any sort of link so maybe this is something I have to request from the dealer?
Old 09-17-2021, 01:29 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by servicemodel
Hm I went over and made a Porsche.com account. I can add a vehicle but requires a VIN so I don't think that's the right place. I never received any sort of link so maybe this is something I have to request from the dealer?
I'm guessing the dealer won't be any help. Call or email the number or email below. Tell them you have an order and give them the username of your My Porsche account and the commission number. Tell them you want to Track Your Dream and see what they say. I think they are rolling this out and everyone doesn't have it yet. Let others know what you find out.

Old 09-17-2021, 01:37 PM
servicemodel
Advanced

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
I'm guessing the dealer won't be any help. Call or email the number or email below. Tell them you have an order and give them the username of your My Porsche account and the commission number. Tell them you want to Track Your Dream and see what they say. I think they are rolling this out and everyone doesn't have it yet. Let others know what you find out.

Ok thanks I'll give that a try and report back.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:09 PM
servicemodel
Advanced

So I reached out to Porsche NA. At first, they claimed it was only available for 911 and Taycan buyers but after I insisted, she was able to see that the tracking feature could be available for 718 buyers. They were able to find my order in the system but could not actually add it to my profile. They then reached out to my dealership while I was on hold. The conclusion was that once the vehicle goes into production, I would receive a link at that point to connect it to my account and start the tracking. I am not sure if this information is correct as I thought I read some other users received a link very shortly after their order was placed. Perhaps when the build is frozen is also another point where the links get generated? I placed my order end of July but my freeze date is early October.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:16 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by servicemodel
So I reached out to Porsche NA. At first, they claimed it was only available for 911 and Taycan buyers but after I insisted, she was able to see that the tracking feature could be available for 718 buyers. They were able to find my order in the system but could not actually add it to my profile. They then reached out to my dealership while I was on hold. The conclusion was that once the vehicle goes into production, I would receive a link at that point to connect it to my account and start the tracking. I am not sure if this information is correct as I thought I read some other users received a link very shortly after their order was placed. Perhaps when the build is frozen is also another point where the links get generated? I placed my order end of July but my freeze date is early October.
Wow. Surprised you got so much info. You're on about the same schedule as me. I ordered in June and my freeze date is 9/30/2021. I think it's just luck of the draw at the moment who gets it as they are rolling it out.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:29 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,040 Likes on 1,750 Posts

I got my email on 9/9. I don't lock until Oct. This is what I see:

Old 09-17-2021, 05:00 PM
sbutty45
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Just read through the whole thread. Thought i would chime in and say hi. I have my Shark Blue GT4 arriving next week in UK. Is currently at the port of Grimsby awaiting dealer transfer. Told it should be next Fri. Been a long wait but can't wait to drive it. Nice to join other 718 owners. i'm swapping out of 992.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:06 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,040 Likes on 1,750 Posts

So you're hear to rub it in, that you have a car coming already?! LOL Congrats.

Interested in hearing your thoughts about the 992 to 982 move. Motive? Impressions, etc.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:09 PM
sbutty45
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
So you're hear to rub it in, that you have a car coming already?! LOL Congrats.

Interested in hearing your thoughts about the 992 to 982 move. Motive? Impressions, etc.
I did think that when i was typing! I only ordered in June and came 2 months early so feel really bad!
I'll let you know how it compares to my 992 Carrera S when i have a few miles under its belt.
All the best
The following users liked this post:
AdamIsAdam (09-17-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...