Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Shark Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 12:28 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
This looks awesome. I am guessing that's like a 160k car?
I can’t decide between IGM/blue top/blue calipers and stitching and IGM/black roof/lizard calipers and stitching
MSRP was $135,500. Of course seat inserts, full Kline inconel exhaust and full PPF and you are pretty close.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:43 AM
JDWight
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyNSX
Totally missed this thread for months...

Here is my SB GT4 that I picked up in May 2022 at PECLA. Car was amazing from the factory but after installing Dundon street header and OAPs the car has been completely transformed - what a beast.

If I may ask, what is that fabric on the seat inserts? Doesn't appear to be one offered by P1
The following users liked this post:
RoadrunnerGTS (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 01:57 AM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by JDWight
If I may ask, what is that fabric on the seat inserts? Doesn't appear to be one offered by P1
Fabric was ordered from a company on Ebay:
Royal Blue, Grey & Black Poly-Viscose Tartan Yellow Grid Fabric (Per Metre - I ordered 3 meters)
Seller: nortexmill (located in England)
Just checked and it's still available

Once received I forwarded the material to Kim at P1Designs who made the inserts and a custom keychain. You might want to check with him before ordering the same fabric (assuming you want to go this route) as he may have already ordered some extra (he mentioned he might after he saw how well mine turned out).

Cheers,
Doug

Old 12-09-2022, 02:35 PM
JDWight
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

Royal Blue, Grey & Black Poly-Viscose Tartan Yellow Grid Fabric (Per Metre - I ordered 3 meters)

Once received I forwarded the material to Kim at P1Designs who made the inserts and a custom keychain. You might want to check with him before ordering the same fabric (assuming you want to go this route) as he may have already ordered some extra (he mentioned he might after he saw how well mine turned out).

Cheers,
Doug
Thanks Doug!
Old 12-09-2022, 02:47 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 829 Likes on 443 Posts

Cheers,
Doug
Wow - well done sir! Very well done! That's quite the process but well worth the effort.
I agree... it's a superb fit for your car and really ties everything together!
Hopefully the material is durable for this type of application? I'm guessing so...
Old 12-10-2022, 03:37 AM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Wow - well done sir! Very well done! That's quite the process but well worth the effort.
I agree... it's a superb fit for your car and really ties everything together!
Hopefully the material is durable for this type of application? I'm guessing so...
Thanks! I searched through hundreds of online catalog pages before I found the one that worked. The material is Poly-Viscose which is what Ken uses on many of his other inserts. I reviewed this with him before ordering. So far I have about 5000miles on them and they still look mint.
The following users liked this post:
MrFunk (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 07:57 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 304 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I did a video instead. I hope this helps with your decision.
What other options are there for the silver inserts in the steering wheels? If I ever actually get an allocation I'm weighing up what to do with the wheel because I'm on the fence on whether I like the silver or not. I think you can get carbon inserts maybe? But are there any other choices for the insides that they rivet in there?
Old 12-13-2022, 08:30 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheBucketOfTruth
What other options are there for the silver inserts in the steering wheels? If I ever actually get an allocation I'm weighing up what to do with the wheel because I'm on the fence on whether I like the silver or not. I think you can get carbon inserts maybe? But are there any other choices for the insides that they rivet in there?
My understanding is the GT4 has black inserts that you could swap out.
Old 12-13-2022, 08:31 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,655 Likes on 2,711 Posts

Black is also available from Porsche and can be ordered as a part: Manual Transmission : Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories (suncoastparts.com)

The 'rivet' is decorative and IIRC in the DB Carbon version there isn't one: DB Carbon - Exclusive interior & exterior carbon parts for your Porsche, Audi, BMW, Maserati & Mercedes-Benz (db-carbon-interieur.de)

Last edited by Westcoast; 12-13-2022 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 08:35 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

If you're buying either a GT4 or Spyder, there are no other factory options. GT4 comes with black trim and no multifunction option. Spyder comes with silver trim and option for multifunction. I have read that people have after the fact replaced silver with the black trim or vice versa. I don't believe I have seen anybody with a carbon fiber trim. I did ask PAG through CXX when I spec'd my car if they would do a carbon fiber steering wheel and they said no. Kind of surprised me since all they basically needed to do was grab the steering wheel from the GTS 4.0 but maybe the shaping is a little different than on the GT4/Spyder.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:00 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
If you're buying either a GT4 or Spyder, there are no other factory options. GT4 comes with black trim and no multifunction option. Spyder comes with silver trim and option for multifunction. I have read that people have after the fact replaced silver with the black trim or vice versa. I don't believe I have seen anybody with a carbon fiber trim. I did ask PAG through CXX when I spec'd my car if they would do a carbon fiber steering wheel and they said no. Kind of surprised me since all they basically needed to do was grab the steering wheel from the GTS 4.0 but maybe the shaping is a little different than on the GT4/Spyder.
I guess you could always buy a second set of stock trim pieces from Suncoast and have them professionally painted. If it doesn't' work out, you have your OEM ones to fall back on.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:05 AM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

one of my biggest gripes with the car is the crappy plastic steering wheel spokes, only $1200 to fix through DB carbon haha damn
Old 12-14-2022, 08:27 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smegman
one of my biggest gripes with the car is the crappy plastic steering wheel spokes, only $1200 to fix through DB carbon haha damn
I personally think that carbon looks terrible and reminds me of every Civic and Silvia I have ever seen in an AutoZone parking lot. You couldn't pay me $1,200 to put that in my car.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:41 AM
wdr911
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 59 Posts

Hello

For the “Steering Wheel Spokes”……have Frank at Exclusive Options cover the center steering wheel piece in leather…..while you are doing it have the “ Centrr Console area” near the buttons and the lid on the litter cubby done as well.

Have a look.

Old 12-14-2022, 12:47 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I personally think that carbon looks terrible and reminds me of every Civic and Silvia I have ever seen in an AutoZone parking lot. You couldn't pay me $1,200 to put that in my car.
I truly wish there was a matte black aluminum one, the plastic is so chinsy

Quick Reply: The Official Shark Blue Color Thread