Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Shark Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 03:23 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,971 Likes on 1,722 Posts

Interesting, indeed! My initial reaction was that I liked the bright wheels on SB. I have black, which I have grown to like in my middle-age, but I like bling. Which is also why I like the chrome P O R S C H E on the back and deleted the model designation. Nothing like a smooth rear end, especially for wiping purposes. (wow, did that come out wrong! oh, there it goes again! this pun has just gone down the toilet. make it stop!)

So is this one for sale? Asking for a friend. No really.
Old 04-13-2022, 03:24 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
So, two weeks before my lock, I go to my dealer and they have a "Sold" SB Spyder. I have Sold in quotes as the buyer who ordered it ended up being a flipper. Since they only sell at MSRP, they refuse to sell to flippers or out-of-towners. They tried to get him to sight the first right of refusal paperwork that they do for all their GT cars but he refused.

So, now the car sits gathering pollen while they figure it all out. They did let me have the keys to check out some of the options which are similar to mine.

The extended leather dash with the contrasting stitching does look awesome. I am seriously thinking of adding it.
I'm glad I stayed with the platinum wheels as the silver is a bit much
I really didn't see the big deal on the leather visors, I think I will delete that from my build
I like and will keep my model designation delete on the rear
I disliked the shiny Porsche logo and I think it is a bit much, will change it on mine
I thought I wouldn't like the carbon inserts gut they weren't terrible. However, I think I'm sticking with the leather that I have on my build
It's nice to see that there are some dealers that only sell at MSRP and it's also nice to see that they're trying to get these cars into the hands of people that want them vs people trying to flip them.
The following 2 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
AdamIsAdam (04-13-2022), jimdillard (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 03:27 PM
BrianD185
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Big miss on the brakes

So, two weeks before my lock, I go to my dealer and they have a "Sold" SB Spyder. I have Sold in quotes as the buyer who ordered it ended up being a flipper. Since they only sell at MSRP, they refuse to sell to flippers or out-of-towners. They tried to get him to sight the first right of refusal paperwork that they do for all their GT cars but he refused.

So, now the car sits gathering pollen while they figure it all out. They did let me have the keys to check out some of the options which are similar to mine.

The extended leather dash with the contrasting stitching does look awesome. I am seriously thinking of adding it.
I'm glad I stayed with the platinum wheels as the silver is a bit much
I really didn't see the big deal on the leather visors, I think I will delete that from my build
I like and will keep my model designation delete on the rear
I disliked the shiny Porsche logo and I think it is a bit much, will change it on mine
I thought I wouldn't like the carbon inserts gut they weren't terrible. However, I think I'm sticking with the leather that I have on my build

so my 911 s cabriolet is triple black - but I went with yellow tach and chrono, yellow contrast stitching and seat belts - and the yellow carbon ceramic brakes against black wheels. Looks great. I would NOT have done yellow stitching and left the red brakes. Just a mess. No tie in between inside and outside. If you don’t want the ceramics, pay the 900 and get black calipers!!

My next order is a 911 Turbo S and for that I’ll be picking one of the blues and will again go with the yellow stitching, gauges belts - AND the yellow carbon ceramics to tie it all together.
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 06:13 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,268 Likes on 640 Posts

If that shark becomes available at MSRP sign me up!
Old 04-13-2022, 07:49 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 877 Posts

Based on the above car, I blacked out the Porche logo but added the model designation back. I guess I can always remove it if I don't like it.

I also deleted the leather sun visors but added the extended leather dash as I think it really ties it all together with the blue stitching.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:07 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Interesting, indeed! My initial reaction was that I liked the bright wheels on SB. I have black, which I have grown to like in my middle-age, but I like bling. Which is also why I like the chrome P O R S C H E on the back and deleted the model designation. Nothing like a smooth rear end, especially for wiping purposes. (wow, did that come out wrong! oh, there it goes again! this pun has just gone down the toilet. make it stop!)

So is this one for sale? Asking for a friend. No really.
I do like the smooth rear. It is a pain on my current Spyder to clean around the logo. But, it is free and pops right off if I don't like it. It is matte and really stands out with the chrome Porsche logo so it may stay with the dark logo.

I do not know the status of that car. Buyer is demanding that they release "his" car. Dealer pointed out that it is not his.

Some interesting options on it for sure like the leather door sills which will get scuffed the first week.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:17 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

I do like the smooth rear. It is a pain on my current Spyder to clean around the logo. But, it is free and pops right off if I don't like it. It is matte and really stands out with the chrome Porsche logo so it may stay with the dark logo.

I do not know the status of that car. Buyer is demanding that they release "his" car. Dealer pointed out that it is not his.

Some interesting options on it for sure like the leather door sills which will get scuffed the first week.
Same reasons I deleted the logo and blacked out the Porsche on my Spyder

The following users liked this post:
Gt3jay (11-29-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 12:28 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

I did the same, I think it looks nicer as there isn't any chrome anywhere else on the car (well I guess except my exhaust tips)

Old 04-14-2022, 12:33 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

@Spyder Bite That's the best picture and argument for blacked out PORSCHE emblem I've seen to date. I liked having PORSCHE in chrome so it would pop and be the only external markings on the car. I debated what to do on the doors. I was thinking of striping them. In the end, I put OEM GTS 4.0 on them over PPF and I'm sorry I didn't factory order them and PPF over them. It's probably my only regret at this point, so if that's my only regret, I'm doing ok.

I feel the need to update my pics because of my new plates. "ICE" is the latest plate, but technically I can run either since my registration has both listed. Go figure!

Last edited by AdamIsAdam; 04-14-2022 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:51 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Adam your avatar looks like Miami blue.

I also ordered my Cayman with no badges. I didn't add to the doors, but I did add the simple GTS to the back which I liked a lot more than I thought (sorry to pollute thread with yellow LOL). Shown here with the winter wheels on.

Old 04-14-2022, 01:01 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Adam your avatar looks like Miami blue.
Shark Blue is a bit chameleon.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:43 AM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

I believe I told you about those silver wheels. Just looks weird. I also blacked out the Porsche emblem and left the “718 Spyder” on in black. Right now, the only chrome anywhere on the car is the “Spyder” logo up on the shoulder of the car. I need to solve that problem.
Old 04-17-2022, 07:42 PM
Runner
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
I believe I told you about those silver wheels. Just looks weird. I also blacked out the Porsche emblem and left the “718 Spyder” on in black. Right now, the only chrome anywhere on the car is the “Spyder” logo up on the shoulder of the car. I need to solve that problem.
The silver wheels are coming on mine in June. I love the look. To me, the black wheel are horrible.
The following 2 users liked this post by Runner:
jimdillard (04-17-2022), yellolab (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 08:09 PM
yellolab
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

silver wheels. Collected her Friday.

The following 4 users liked this post by yellolab:
4S Leistung (04-17-2022), AdamIsAdam (04-17-2022), flynlo (04-18-2022), jimdillard (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 11:50 PM
Runner
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by yellolab
silver wheels. Collected her Friday.

Beautiful!! Love it. Congratulations!
The following 3 users liked this post by Runner:
jimdillard (04-24-2022), Notans (05-25-2022), yellolab (04-18-2022)

Quick Reply: The Official Shark Blue Color Thread