Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 10:13 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,570 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by StilettoPat
My SA called me today to tell me that my 22 Spyder just arrived and will be ready next week, but there is also a rumored immanent stop sale order that could be happening at the beginning of the month. I told him that I hadn't heard anything about that rumored stop sale order within our forum, but I feel that I need to check. Basically, I can either punch the car's warranty papers which precludes any potential stop sale order, or take my chances. I'm inclined to take my chances, as I haven't yet heard of any new stop sales orders, but I'd rather not start my warranty period a week early, if that's not necessary. Obviously, this whole thing could be a ploy to manipulate sales numbers for numerous possible reasons, but I felt it was worth putting out there to the RennList folks to see if anyone else has heard of this situation and if it has any validity.
Thanks,
Pat Frye
Hmm.. not cool to throw that at you.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:29 PM
FLCAYMAN
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 129 Posts

Something tells me this forum would already be on top of an imminent stop-sale. History has shown it to be.
The following users liked this post:
jeanrabelais (11-24-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 11:19 PM
StilettoPat
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Yes, that was my feeling as well. This overall forum has proven itself to be pretty cutting edge as far as a good source to glean news worthy coverage of all things related to the environment of our Porsches. Clearly, there are extremes, but overall, it's fairly accurate. AT this point, I'm holding off and letting things run their course, and not activating my warranty coverage early.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:48 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by sassdouille
I just received my engine certificate FYI.
As a reminder I got delivery of the car on Oct. 19 2021
What does it look like? Is this in addition to the VIN tag near the hatch strut?

Last edited by skafia; 11-24-2021 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-24-2021, 11:40 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 362 Posts

My SA called me today to tell me that my 22 Spyder just arrived and will be ready next week, but there is also a rumored immanent stop sale order that could be happening at the beginning of the month. I told him that I hadn't heard anything about that rumored stop sale order within our forum, but I feel that I need to check. Basically, I can either punch the car's warranty papers which precludes any potential stop sale order, or take my chances. I'm inclined to take my chances, as I haven't yet heard of any new stop sales orders, but I'd rather not start my warranty period a week early, if that's not necessary. Obviously, this whole thing could be a ploy to manipulate sales numbers for numerous possible reasons, but I felt it was worth putting out there to the RennList folks to see if anyone else has heard of this situation and if it has any validity.
Thanks,
Pat Frye
After they jerked everyone around with the last stop sale, I'd take legal possession and get it off the dealer's lot at the first possible opportunity. Don't forget that people bought their car last spring, left it at the dealer to have PPF applied and were told they couldn't take it until the engine was replaced even though they owned the car. Having one less week of warranty in 2025 wouldn't even be a consideration.

The following 6 users liked this post by sanderabernathy:
AdamIsAdam (11-24-2021), jeanrabelais (11-24-2021), Noah Fect (11-24-2021), P-car-Vancouver (11-24-2021), ronbauer (11-24-2021), unclemat (11-24-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-24-2021, 12:11 PM
StilettoPat
Instructor

Sanderabernathy,
Thank you for your feedback - That is the course of action that my SA had politely suggested for me to consider. He didn't push me, and couldn't even advise on which models would be affected, but hinted that if it did happen, I could be tied up for an extended period of time. I can't get back to DFW to take possession of the car until late next week, so unless a lot of feedback starts appearing to cause me to change my position, I'll probably continue with the wait and see approach.
Pat
Old 11-24-2021, 12:41 PM
Mdrury
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Default My Stop Sale wait is over.........

My 2021 CGTS showed up unannounced yesterday morning and should emerge from PDI and PPF install late this afternoon.

Over two weeks wait for those darn stickers!
Over eight months since the vehicle arrived at Benicia, CA
Over twelve months since I put down my deposit.

Well, it's character building, OK?

Old 11-24-2021, 12:55 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,778 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Thanks,
Pat Frye
Maybe I am missing something here, but what does this have to do with warranty start dates? My concern would be what the 'possible' new Stop-Sale would be? If it is serious enough would taking it home and driving it when you know that your were advised not to make any sense?
Old 11-24-2021, 02:19 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdrury
My 2021 CGTS showed up unannounced yesterday morning and should emerge from PDI and PPF install late this afternoon.

Over two weeks wait for those darn stickers!
Over eight months since the vehicle arrived at Benicia, CA
Over twelve months since I put down my deposit.

Well, it's character building, OK?
I feel for you, having been through something similar...not character building...at least not in the right way...I have a shoddy foundation now, built on lack of patience
Old 11-24-2021, 04:47 PM
sassdouille
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
What does it look like? Is this in addition to the VIN tag near the hatch strut?
It's really just a letter saying your car with your vin, used to have an engine with whatever number, and it now has another engine as part of that recall
with a different number, it also says at which mileage the change was made, so I guess my odometer is 10 miles off now
Old 11-24-2021, 05:56 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 295 Posts

It's really just a letter saying your car with your vin, used to have an engine with whatever number, and it now has another engine as part of that recall
with a different number, it also says at which mileage the change was made, so I guess my odometer is 10 miles off now
I'm so confused now. I also heard there was a "sticker" that was attached to the right side of the engine hatch. I looked at mine and I see a VIN tag with an engine number. I checked the owner's manual and the engine number doesn't seem to match. I'm guessing this is the new sticker? Can anyone snap a pic of the certificate or sticker for the recalled cars, please?

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2021, 06:08 PM
StilettoPat
Instructor

Westcoast, the way it was explained to me by my SA, is that if I go ahead and opt to have the warranty period started, then the stop sale order would not apply to my car - thus I could pay for it and take it home, without further interference from any stop sale order that might be issued by Porsche. Short of hearing anything remotely similar from other forum members, then it seems to be like some sort of ploy to inflate vehicle delivery numbers by the end of November, for whatever purpose that might be.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:23 PM
sassdouille
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
I'm so confused now. I also heard there was a "sticker" that was attached to the right side of the engine hatch. I looked at mine and I see a VIN tag with an engine number. I checked the owner's manual and the engine number doesn't seem to match. I'm guessing this is the new sticker? Can anyone snap a pic of the certificate or sticker for the recalled cars, please?

Thanks!
so I checked, and the sticker does have the new engine number, actually I can see a bit of the previous sticker under it, so I am guessing in my case the sticker
was put in before the delivery.
BUT, there is also a letter that I just got, I guess to make it a bit more formal

The following 4 users liked this post by sassdouille:
Booth9999 (12-08-2021), jeanrabelais (11-28-2021), P-car-Vancouver (12-08-2021), slilley (12-08-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 07:07 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,085 Likes on 1,777 Posts

so I checked, and the sticker does have the new engine number, actually I can see a bit of the previous sticker under it, so I am guessing in my case the sticker
was put in before the delivery.
BUT, there is also a letter that I just got, I guess to make it a bit more formal
Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:03 AM
psuwcc112
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 25 Posts

I figured I will conclude the con-rod saga. I think I am one of the last person if not the last taking delivery of the car. The engine replacement completed in Benicia around 11/10 and took another two weeks for sticker. Probably due to the thanksgiving, the car arrived at the dealership on the 12/3 and finally took delivery of the car today.

Last edited by psuwcc112; 12-08-2021 at 03:07 AM.
The following 13 users liked this post by psuwcc112:
5Zigen (12-08-2021), afisherunc (12-08-2021), Booth9999 (12-08-2021), Dan Nagy (12-08-2021), FASTRKMAN (12-09-2021), fiorentm (12-10-2021), flynlo (12-08-2021), Guaji (12-08-2021), jeanrabelais (12-08-2021), josephr25 (12-08-2021), P-car-Vancouver (12-08-2021), slilley (12-08-2021), TTFLT6 (12-08-2021) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4