Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021 | 08:08 AM
8haggis
Instructor

Originally Posted by Porsche757
Was supposed to pick her up last month but now its late august. She got her new engine already. Stuck in Jacksonville and I have heard that the long term storage cars are kept in a better area. Headed to Atlanta soon, at least there it can be stored away from the elements. Looking forward to meeting her!
Originally Posted by Porsche757
CGTS 4.0 for Atlanta PEC. Only available dates when I was informed in early May were in August but I will inquire if something earlier is now available.
This is encouraging news. Would you be able to share your Commission Number, V250 (Vehicle Fixed), and V300 (Vehicle Completed) dates? I am really hoping (as are so many others, I am sure) the information previously posted that undelivered cars will begin engine swaps next month (which is technically tomorrow!) and we will get some communication this week proves true. But until we get more info, getting an idea of where PCNA is the allocation would be helpful to understand.
Thanks.
Old 07-01-2021 | 10:50 AM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mdrury
I spoke to an exec at PCNA today. His responses to my questions, if true, may give all you constructors of delivery guesstimating tools some food for thought.
I paraphrase for clarity:

Q: Where am I on the list? A: #73. (my production date was early February)
Q: Who decided the list priorities? A: Germany.
Q: Have any engines been delivered for installation in undelivered vehicles? A: Not yet, but they are coming next month (July)
Q: How are the engines being sourced; extra production or robbing current production? A: Extra production.
Q. Why the delay since the last date communicated? A: Chip shortages . (Kinda expected that response didn't we?)
Q. Anything else? A: Logistics taking longer to organize to get right engines for right vehicle. (Apparently the GT4 and Spyder are more problematic)
Q Why can't you give customers a schedule? A: Sorry for the delay, but we plan to do that next week (!!!)
Q. How come I seem to know more than my SA? A: We want to fix that and will be feeding Dealerships more and regular information updates starting next week ( I made my SA pinky-swear to update me weekly on that basis)
Q. Will I get my GTS in time to show it off to my friends at Monterey Car week? A: Probably not, sorry.

I'm sticking with this to the bitter end, but the dealer better have plans to fill my new GTS with swag or things are gonna get ugly.

Its now Thursday and I have not seen any communication about the “schedule” you mentioned above. Have you received anymore communication?
The following 2 users liked this post by Susan Schneider:
8haggis (07-01-2021), nnywg (07-05-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 11:39 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Nothing yet. The two other formal communications arrived early Saturday morning for me so perhaps that is their pattern. Let’s hope we hear something soon although I fear it won’t be great news given the lack of momentum so far and it is already July.
Old 07-01-2021 | 12:02 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
Nothing yet. The two other formal communications arrived early Saturday morning for me so perhaps that is their pattern. Let’s hope we hear something soon although I fear it won’t be great news given the lack of momentum so far and it is already July.
They can't even deliver the rod repair kit on time. I know a guy who's 12 days past his "delivery date" for that kit. I am also expecting more delays, unfortunately and am putting little stock into my "engine delivery date". Hope you guys get some news soon, perhaps it is time to email that fellow early on in thread, who's name is on the compensation email.
Old 07-01-2021 | 12:18 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
Reading this post made me think of that YUNGBLUD song Waiting on the Weekend. Instead of the girl, it’s a car.

Last edited by Archimedes; 07-01-2021 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2021 | 12:41 PM
johnycarrera
Advanced

They’ve had my conrods and full rebuild kit for over a week now and not started the repair, now ignoring my “hurry ups”, no urgency to please the likes of us when there’s Macans to be sold and other regular business!
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 12:49 PM
Ramon Vennik
Racer

Originally Posted by johnycarrera
They’ve had my conrods and full rebuild kit for over a week now and not started the repair, now ignoring my “hurry ups”, no urgency to please the likes of us when there’s Macans to be sold and other regular business!
And no other rebuild ongoing ?
When my Spyder was ready this week and went for a talk with the engineer yesterday he was already doing his 2nd car and a third was waiting in the showroom. 8 days per car if all parts are in.
Old 07-01-2021 | 01:01 PM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Originally Posted by UncleDude
They can't even deliver the rod repair kit on time. I know a guy who's 12 days past his "delivery date" for that kit. I am also expecting more delays, unfortunately and am putting little stock into my "engine delivery date". Hope you guys get some news soon, perhaps it is time to email that fellow early on in thread, who's name is on the compensation email.
your issue is most likely due to the shipping problems worldwide. I feel for you too!
Old 07-01-2021 | 01:51 PM
johnycarrera
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ramon Vennik
And no other rebuild ongoing ?
When my Spyder was ready this week and went for a talk with the engineer yesterday he was already doing his 2nd car and a third was waiting in the showroom. 8 days per car if all parts are in.
i have to now eat some humble pie he’s just started it today and said he’ll work day and night to turn it around quickly for me!! Wow 8 days would be perfect if that’s possible! Apparently my engine will be dropped tomorrow!

The following 4 users liked this post by johnycarrera:
halfmonkey (07-01-2021), P-car-Vancouver (07-01-2021), UncleDude (07-01-2021), Z06jerry (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 01:58 PM
987SCoupe
Racer

I've been quiet here lately but still reading posts every day. Fingers crossed for those who are hanging in there, but this period of separation since deciding to cancel my order has been refreshing. I'm on a wait list again, but I can't honestly say I'd jump on it if my SA called with an allocation. After 3-1/2 months this feels like a slow-motion train wreck, and it's still in progress. These various issues may have no bearing on future orders or production, but surely affected my view of the brand as a well-managed and customer-centric company.
johnycarrera (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 02:13 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by johnycarrera
i have to now eat some humble pie he’s just started it today and said he’ll work day and night to turn it around quickly for me!! Wow 8 days would be perfect if that’s possible! Apparently my engine will be dropped tomorrow!

Now that's a Bright Red Porsche.

I Likeeeeeeeeeeee

Terry
P-car-Vancouver (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 02:43 PM
johnycarrera
Advanced

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Now that's a Bright Red Porsche.

I Likeeeeeeeeeeee

Terry

what it should look like!

The following 5 users liked this post by johnycarrera:
halfmonkey (07-01-2021), josephr25 (07-01-2021), P-car-Vancouver (07-01-2021), tigerhonaker (07-02-2021), UncleDude (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 02:49 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Soon Johny!!!
The following 3 users liked this post by UncleDude:
johnycarrera (07-01-2021), P-car-Vancouver (07-01-2021), Z06jerry (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 02:53 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

^^^^That looks awesome. Once you get your car back, you'll forget about this set back. The car will bring so many miles of smiles!

Guards Red was our first configured option and you spec'd it very close to how I did except you have LWBS and I had 18 ways and you have standard steering wheel and painted interior trim. I have leather and carbon fiber trim but love the matching red calipers, red seat belts, red stitching, red gauges and red chrono. Exactly how our original build was (until we switched to PTS.) Glad to actually see someone do all of the red bits. It looks fantastic!
The following 2 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
johnycarrera (07-01-2021), P-car-Vancouver (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 03:44 PM
johnycarrera
Advanced

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
^^^^That looks awesome. Once you get your car back, you'll forget about this set back. The car will bring so many miles of smiles!

Guards Red was our first configured option and you spec'd it very close to how I did except you have LWBS and I had 18 ways and you have standard steering wheel and painted interior trim. I have leather and carbon fiber trim but love the matching red calipers, red seat belts, red stitching, red gauges and red chrono. Exactly how our original build was (until we switched to PTS.) Glad to actually see someone do all of the red bits. It looks fantastic!
thanks for the comments you guys, I wasn’t sure about so much red inside but think it works well in a GT car, not so much in my other previous semi normal Porsches, but thought the bright colours would be fun and it’s all kinda matching……

will keep you informed of the build progress over the next week or two and hopefully a happy ending coming soon!

thanks again

Johny

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4