Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 05:37 PM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Clementine33
Rec'd & deposited my $4K check from Porsche last Friday. They already sent me a voucher # for $1K at their driving ctr. Porsche have fulfilled their promises thus far-now just waiting on a new engine later this month. So far, so good.
awesome news!! Not sure why we all haven’t received this yet. When was your order date?
Old 05-10-2021, 07:58 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,498 Likes on 2,253 Posts

Originally Posted by Susan Schneider
awesome news!! Not sure why we all haven’t received this yet. When was your order date?
What happened with your dealer negotiation?
Old 05-10-2021, 09:11 PM
987SCoupe
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 115 Posts

I just heard from my SA today that they have a new CGTS allocation for me. Considering I cancelled my 2021 order on Thursday I'm feeling pretty fortunate at the moment. Looks like an October build with November delivery, which is just a month or so later than I would be seeing the car I originally ordered. Small increase in MSRP and the modest discount I received on the 2021 deal are offset by the $4,000 compensation voucher Porsche issued, so I'm thrilled.

I'm chalking this up in part to good timing, but for those contemplating bailing on their 2021 con-rod cars, my take is if you want to start over with a MY22 you can find a path to do that. Having said that, I think taking some risk is part of the equation, and know that you might lose. I.e., if you hang on to what you have, even if you consider it to be Plan B, there's no incentive to accommodate your wishes to do something different, if that makes sense.

Last edited by 987SCoupe; 05-10-2021 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:24 PM
Clementine33
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Susan Schneider
My order locked on 1/8/21.
Have not heard from Porsche/Jason Nelson re: scheduling my engine replacement yet.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:26 PM
Clementine33
Instructor

Originally Posted by UncleDude
What happened with your dealer negotiation?
My dealer gave me a check for $1K to pay for the time from stop sale on 3/15/21 until Porsche decided what they were going to do for us.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:29 PM
Clementine33
Instructor

Originally Posted by 987SCoupe
I just heard from my SA today that they have a new CGTS allocation for me. Considering I cancelled my 2021 order on Thursday I'm feeling pretty fortunate at the moment. Looks like an October build with November delivery, which is just a month or so later than I would be seeing the car I originally ordered. Small increase in MSRP and the modest discount I received on the 2021 deal are offset by the $4,000 compensation voucher Porsche issued, so I'm thrilled.

I'm chalking this up in part to good timing, but for those contemplating bailing on their 2021 con-rod cars, my take is if you want to start over with a MY22 you can find a path to do that. Having said that, I think taking some risk is part of the equation, and know that you might lose. I.e., if you hang on to what you have, even if you consider it to be Plan B, there's no incentive to accommodate your wishes to do something different, if that makes sense.
Hey, Ron-
Glad things seem to be working out for you
Diana
The following users liked this post:
987SCoupe (05-11-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 09:41 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,498 Likes on 2,253 Posts

Well that is good news indeed, plus they’ll get to sell the car you originally ordered. So far, I don’t think any Canadian has been able to secure a new allocation (part of that might just be the timeline up here).
Old 05-11-2021, 08:35 AM
987SCoupe
Racer

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Well that is good news indeed, plus they’ll get to sell the car you originally ordered. So far, I don’t think any Canadian has been able to secure a new allocation (part of that might just be the timeline up here).
Originally Posted by Clementine33
Hey, Ron-
Glad things seem to be working out for you
Diana
Yes, thanks! I've seen a couple posts indicating others got an allocation yesterday as well, so hopefully the allocation gods are feeling kind. Some of the builds are earlier, but I figured I'm not much behind where I was before I cancelled my order and things will work out to my preference otherwise.

I'm wondering if this time around I should spice things up in the color department (from white on black), so this gives me plenty of time to agonize over this all over again!
Old 05-11-2021, 10:27 AM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

I'm wondering if this time around I should spice things up in the color department (from white on black), so this gives me plenty of time to agonize over this all over again!
The Andreas Preuninger theorum postulates that each doubling of time on the configurator adds 10% to the cost of the chosen specification. Will be interesting to see where your new spec prices out compared to where you were before.
The following 2 users liked this post by ausgang:
987SCoupe (05-11-2021), P-car-Vancouver (05-11-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 11:31 AM
Emm_W
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Makers
Well let me second the opinion of the other Americans who found Porsche's offer more than fair. Frankly, the only reason I can see them offering anything at all is to incentivize you to wait and take delivery. That said, I read your post to say you had a choice to take $1800 cash OR bump your order to be a 2022, but not both. I don't think a June delivery means you'll get a 2022 regardless. I don't think they begin building the next model year until after the summer shutdown with deliveries beginning in the Fall. I agree with the argument that the model year difference is theoretically worth more than $1800, but that's only if you plan to sell the car in the first five years or so. After that, my guess is it becomes a wash UNLESS the market for 2021s is stigmatized by the con-rod issue.
It appears I misunderstood the option to keep my currently post-poned build date of mid-June and still get a 2022; if I choose to go with the newer model, I lose my current build slot (that I ordered back in November) and will have to wait for a new build slot from the dealer, which they still haven't received from Porsche... However, I do get the 2022 for the same price as the 2021 (I looked at the new prices and I think the difference for my exact build is around USD 1,200), and I also get the first service for free (I actually counter-offered with this instead of requesting the cash payment so that it would be a win/win :-). From what I understand, there are no changes at all to the 2022 model, still, that model year just sits a little better with me now.

I would of course have preferred to get exactly the car I ordered delivered next week as planned, but given the currently estimated delay till mid/late July, I think I will now go with the even further delay in order to get the 2022 instead, and then keep my fingers crossed for an August/September delivery rather than October/November (as I don't plan to drive the car in the winter anyway). So now I'm thinking maybe trying to find a cheaper/older Cayman S in the meantime, and then sell it (hopefully without losing too much money on it) come late summer/early fall when the new GTS 4.0 finally arrives.
P-car-Vancouver (05-11-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 11:35 AM
Emm_W
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgang
The Andreas Preuninger theorum postulates that each doubling of time on the configurator adds 10% to the cost of the chosen specification. Will be interesting to see where your new spec prices out compared to where you were before.
True! I ordered my car in November after having worked with the desired specification in the Porsche configurator for about two months, but given the late delivery date (initially April/May), I soon found myself adding stuff almost monthly, even though the initial spec was way above average :-).
The following 2 users liked this post by Emm_W:
lee_337 (05-26-2021), P-car-Vancouver (05-11-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 12:03 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

So you are able to cancel your 2021, not take the car yet still get the $4000 voucher?
jeanrabelais (05-12-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 01:19 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
So you are able to cancel your 2021, not take the car yet still get the $4000 voucher?
Just answering in general, but Yes, for us in the US, we were each given a 4k voucher number in our letters to use toward the purchase of a Porsche. The 4k is already a Fait Compli with or without taking possession of the cars in question.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:53 AM
987SCoupe
Racer

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Correct. The $4,000 voucher toward a Porsche car and $1,000 PEC voucher have no strings attached except to be used within one year of issue. They were listed as "Customer Appreciation" measures. In my case the $4,000 will offset the MY22 price increase and 2% discount I negotiated on the original car, so the only downside is an extra month wait-time versus the estimated fix date on the 2021 car.
jeanrabelais (05-14-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 09:56 AM
718Spyder2021PDK
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Correct. The $4,000 voucher toward a Porsche car and $1,000 PEC voucher have no strings attached except to be used within one year of issue. They were listed as "Customer Appreciation" measures. In my case the $4,000 will offset the MY22 price increase and 2% discount I negotiated on the original car, so the only downside is an extra month wait-time versus the estimated fix date on the 2021 car.
What was your estimated fix date? and how can Porsche guarantee you a delivery date for a MY2022 a month later ? Did you received a written confirmation of this? I have a doubt that you will not receive MY 2022 before Jan 22

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4