Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

tell me where to stick it... (T-Design memory module that is)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 10:21 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
Yes, we are always working to improve things! One of our customers suggested to look at type 250 3M repositionable fasteners and we did and found it better for installation in tight spaces, so we switched to that this year.
i just got regular 3m on mine and i have to uninstall it tomorrow to get my numeric shifter installed. I have some of the 3m vhb velcro, good idea
Old 02-03-2021, 11:03 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 251 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
i just got regular 3m on mine and i have to uninstall it tomorrow to get my numeric shifter installed. I have some of the 3m vhb velcro, good idea
We can send you a piece of new fastener if you contact us directly. It's different to guess the name from the username here
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 02-03-2021, 11:26 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
We can send you a piece of new fastener if you contact us directly. It's different to guess the name from the username here
no worries i have the heavy duty velcro. Appreciate the offer tho. I should even be able to reuse the 3m tape i think. Not a problem at all. I always have adhesives, velcro and felt rolls on hand
Old 10-16-2021, 02:07 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,758 Likes on 692 Posts

Thanks to everyone that posted their experiences and the detailed photos in this thread. I finally have my Spyder and was able to install the memory module without breaking anything or damaging the interior. I found that I needed to use a trim removal tool and pop open both sides of the side trim. Not full removal, just the first 3/4. Then I was able to use a small screwdriver and the 4 marked holes in the photos above to get the button module out. Install was a breeze after that and I found I only had enough clearance on the drivers side metal bracket so I stuck the module there. Everything snapped back into place easy. Thanks for sharing the detailed photos!
The following users liked this post:
t-design (10-16-2021)

Quick Reply: tell me where to stick it... (T-Design memory module that is)