Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

tell me where to stick it... (T-Design memory module that is)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 07:40 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 765 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
It works on all 981, 718, 991 's. It does not mess with spoiler operation. We help with Sport/+, auto blip, a/s/s, and pse. Whatever your car has.
yeah button works perfect. Ppf guys only did front half. I ask because i was driving mith my friend who was in his aston and he didnt notice my spoiler going up until after i pressed the button because the *** felt loose above “75”. Mind you it was 25 F outside and i know there are temp situations where it would deploy. But i wondered if the t design messed with the operation because it seemed odd. Like i said button works perfect. I even left it up after parking then went for a rip above 75 and it came down as it should below 50. So 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 01-24-2021, 01:15 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by t-design
It works on all 981, 718, 991 's. It does not mess with spoiler operation. We help with Sport/+, auto blip, a/s/s, and pse. Whatever your car has.
the console also has a spoiler button. It also works on the damper mode. Havent tried esc off yet its winter

Last edited by Rennolazine; 01-24-2021 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:36 AM
xstnte
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 134 Posts

I ending up disabling the unit I purchased. It has a faulty wire or connector and would randomly disable all the buttons.

Tested it multiple times and secured it with tape to confirm the issue. Bummer, it a really great idea.

Anyone else have the same issue?
Old 01-24-2021, 01:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
the console also has a spoiler button. It also works on the damper mode. Havent tried esc off yet its winter
did you check if the console button deploys your rear spoiler?

recall that it is the ECU that deploys the spoiler automatically based on vehicle speed... not the button unit in the console
Old 01-24-2021, 01:49 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
did you check if the console button deploys your rear spoiler?

recall that it is the ECU that deploys the spoiler automatically based on vehicle speed... not the button unit in the console
Tried but you cant see the spoiler. What i did was i left the spoiler up via the console button (red light on). Drove above the 75 mph speed then got off the highway and did normal driving. After a while i checked the spoiler console light which went off and the spoiler came down automatically. But i have not confirmed it goes up in its own thats what she said
Old 01-24-2021, 02:00 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,695 Likes on 2,732 Posts

Tried but you cant see the spoiler. What i did was i left the spoiler up via the console button (red light on). Drove above the 75 mph speed then got off the highway and did normal driving. After a while i checked the spoiler console light which went off and the spoiler came down automatically. But i have not confirmed it goes up in its own thats what she said
The GTK app says that if the rear spoiler does not deploy automatically above 78 mph the a warning message is displayed in the multifunction display.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:02 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
The GTK app says that if the rear spoiler does not deploy automatically above 78 mph the a warning message is displayed in the multifunction display.
no error codes. But is it possible the ecu thinks the spoiler is up when its down because of the console thingy? I guess someone is gonna have to drive next to me to let me know but its gonna be a few days we getting 6+ inches of snow
Old 01-24-2021, 02:05 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xstnte
I ending up disabling the unit I purchased. It has a faulty wire or connector and would randomly disable all the buttons.

Tested it multiple times and secured it with tape to confirm the issue. Bummer, it a really great idea.

Anyone else have the same issue?
This is a little concerning, rather then asking us why wouldn't you reach out to Vlad at T-Design9?
The following users liked this post:
dnimi123 (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 02:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

the whole purpose of the console button is to override the speed based deployment of the wing, it should not have gone down with the button enabled AFIAK
Old 01-24-2021, 02:23 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

no error codes. But is it possible the ecu thinks the spoiler is up when its down because of the console thingy? I guess someone is gonna have to drive next to me to let me know but its gonna be a few days we getting 6+ inches of snow
my guess is no ... it ECU controls the wing, the button console is only to override the speed based deployment - if the button is off the ECU will deploy based on speed, if the button is on the wing should remain deployed
Old 01-24-2021, 03:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

have you got a gopro with a suction cup mount? - but as pointed out if the spoiler does not auto-deploy there would be a warning in the system...
Old 01-24-2021, 06:53 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

If u go above the deployment speed with the spoiler button pressed it should go back down when you stop. Same as my 991.2 T
Old 02-03-2021, 01:44 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Update, I received and installed the T-Design9 module yesterday. it was late in the day and raining so I opted not to go out for a test (yes I use every excuse to go for drives! )

Install was simple and although the space is tight I found that the clear spot on the drivers side worked best for wire routing. The module barely clears both the shifter linkage and console button housing so placement is important.

Kudos to the T-Design9 team for switching to the Velcro method of attachment, with this I could adhere one side of the Velcro to the car and with the other side already on the memory module make adjustments to the box position as required.

Hopefully today I will get to test out the modules ability to remember switch settings!
Old 02-03-2021, 01:47 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Update, I received and installed the T-Design9 module yesterday. it was late in the day and raining so I opted not to go out for a test (yes I use every excuse to go for drives! )

Install was simple and although the space is tight I found that the clear spot on the drivers side worked best for wire routing. The module barely clears both the shifter linkage and console button housing so placement is important.

Kudos to the T-Design9 team for switching to the Velcro method of attachment, with this I could adhere one side of the Velcro to the car and with the other side already on the memory module make adjustments to the box position as required.

Hopefully today I will get to test out the modules ability to remember switch settings!
yep me2!
Old 02-03-2021, 02:19 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Yes, we are always working to improve things! One of our customers suggested to look at type 250 3M repositionable fasteners and we did and found it better for installation in tight spaces, so we switched to that this year.
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Quick Reply: tell me where to stick it... (T-Design memory module that is)