Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Texas Get Together Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2022, 11:52 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

GT4 and 25th Anniversary Boxster I photographed at the Warbirds and Porsches event we had in Houston yesterday. Bonus 918 content inside.

The following 5 users liked this post by TXRubicon:
EvilTuna7 (06-06-2022), flynlo (05-02-2022), rooster17 (06-03-2022), StormRune (05-02-2022), UncleDude (06-05-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 11:56 AM
radiospares
Advanced

Received 89 Likes on 25 Posts

After nearly 6 months my car should be delivered in the next week and a half. I'll definitely be up for a meet sometime mid June.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:44 PM
jgreen76
Track Day

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts

Great pictures!
Old 05-02-2022, 08:13 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Received 473 Likes on 237 Posts

I

I raise you a bomber!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mojonito:
EvilTuna7 (06-06-2022), Lucent (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 08:55 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojonito
I

I raise you a bomber!
Sorry; but that; a rubber dog s”&t transport and not a bomber

edit, sorry that sounded a little harsh lol.

Love the red roof!

Last edited by TXshaggy; 05-02-2022 at 09:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Lucent (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 09:01 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Sorry; but that; a rubber dog s”&t transport and not a bomber
great movie and you’re right, but they look good together
Old 05-02-2022, 09:07 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojonito
great movie and you’re right, but they look good together
See my edited response above…that is the classic; congrats!
Old 05-20-2022, 03:38 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Spokes.org is having their ~monthly autocross at COTA this weekend (Sunday 5/22). While COTA is convenient for those of us in Austin, the downside is that the runs tend to be a little short in that parking lot.

It appears the weather will be nice and cool compared to the recent 100 degree days - ranging during the day from about 68 to 78 degrees and mostly cloudy. There may be rain the night before. If the forecast shows the rain holding off during race times I expect to go. If it rains, I'm skipping.

It appears a '22 BGTS is signed up (anyone here?!) along with two 911s for SS class so far. I haven't signed up yet but I would make it four in SS. I would love to see more competition in SS. It looks like the C8 Corvette I beat there a few months ago isn't ready to come back for a rematch yet. There are 174(!) cars signed up overall.

More info and signup here: https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/cale...curyearindex=7

Last edited by StormRune; 05-21-2022 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-20-2022, 04:18 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,489 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Hey, I can participate in this thread / activity now!
StormRune (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 04:21 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,489 Likes on 1,277 Posts

That rubber dog **** transport was good enough to drop us over Normandy, and be the main aero workhorse for not just WWII, but practically decades, military and civilian.

A little respect for the venerable DC-3 / C-47, please. Great plane, and one I still get to fly in, from time to time. You're only in trouble when it STOPS leaking oil.

Last edited by Adrift; 05-20-2022 at 04:23 PM.
Mojonito (05-21-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 10:40 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

A few of us in the greater Houston area were thinking about starting at Formula Garage from 0800-0915, then going to the C and C Porsche event:
https://www.coffeeandcars.net/events

Please join if you can. I hear there may be some interesting cars there!

Including this one
Old 06-02-2022, 11:11 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk2
A few of us in the greater Houston area were thinking about starting at Formula Garage from 0800-0915, then going to the C and C Porsche event:
https://www.coffeeandcars.net/events

Please join if you can. I hear there may be some interesting cars there!

Including this one
Not sure if y’all can still register but it does help the coordinators know the number of cars coming.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:58 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

We have a lunch drive going on Sunday in the Katy area of Houston. Details were posted on the Lone Star PCA Facebook page by Jeff Galloway. This is not a PCA event. Just a bunch of us who love to drive and hang out. We had 41 cars the last time we did this in March. PM me for details if you don’t want to search the FB page.
Old 06-03-2022, 11:28 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

Gents, we are showing out tomorrow morning.

See you in the AM
Old 06-27-2022, 03:53 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Greetings prior Boxstoberfest participants.

Boxstoberfest 2022 is coming up soon - September 9-11 in Fredericksburg TX.

Attendance is limited to 70 cars in the MAIN DRIVE but we have plenty capacity in the scenic and rally groups. (Just a note.... The main drive group sells out fast...... Registration for Boxstoberfest 2022 opens July 5 at 8:00 amand you can register through ClubRegistration.net (https://clubregistration.net/events/...fm/event/12554). There is already lots of interest, so this is going to be another great year for the event. You must pay in full to be confirmed. As in the past, if you have to cancel we will do our best to get you a full refund. Just depends on how early you cancel.

Your safety and enjoyment of the event are of prime importance to the organizers. Speaking of safety, the following needs to be completely understood by all participants - Boxstoberfest is not a race, nor a venue to drive as fast as you want and endanger other participants, your passengers, nor the public. We enjoy a spirited drive on public roads, and have a very good time doing so. If your intent is for an all out ride pressing the envelope of your vehicle, this is not the place. There are multiple events within all the regions to do this in a safe and controlled manner. Rule 1 is NO PASSING. Break this rule, and you will forever be banned. Regardless, all who have attended in the past can attest that the twisties can still be challenging and VERY exciting.

Here are some of the details of the event:

1. We will have 4 events for Friday early attendees - (1) A chance to run the regular driving route early. Arrive at the Hangar Hotel prior to 1:00 pm Friday Sept 10, check in and sign the waivers, and pick up the official drive map. Then, you are free to drive the entire course - which opens up your Saturday to run it again, or participate in one of the other drives. (2) We have the Gimmick Rally early run, which then allows you to run the scenic or main course on Saturday. The rally start time will be any time after 8:00 am, up till 12:00. You can start as soon as you show up and pick up the instructions. Obviously, you will need to be in Fredericksburg early Friday morning. For these 2 events just find me at the Hotel. (3) A Highland Lakes Tour that stops for lunch in Marble Falls. Will depart at 11 AM and return around 3 PM. (4) the wine tour, being such a hit last year, is on the schedule again. The tour bus(s) leave the Hangar Hotel at 1:00, and will return around 6:00. If there is any specific winery you would like to visit, please indicate such when you register.

2. Once again - Boxstoberfest central is the Hangar Hotel. In fact, we have the entire Hangar Hotel blocked for the weekend - all rooms, and conference facilities. For those who have attended previous Boxstoberfest events, this is the hotel at the Gillespie County Airport where we do the Saturday morning line-up and drive staging. The rooms at the Hangar Hotel are absolutely fabulous, and we have a great room rate. *Note* Even though Boxstoberfest registration is just now opening, a lot of attendees last year booked their rooms as they checked out last year. As such, all the rooms are full and there is a wait list. There are plenty of rooms in Fredericksburg, including the Inn at Barons Creek, the Fredericksburg Inn as well as other local hotels (there is a brand new Holiday Inn Express, with what I hear has a fantastic pool, the Hampton Inn, and lots of B&B's).

3. Our Saturday evening event will be at the Pacific Showroom, on the Hangar Hotel property. The Showroom is a fabulous venue, and we have a great dinner planned in this wonderful facility. The doors open at 7:00 for cocktails, and the serving line opens at 7:30. We are also working to get door prizes. If you would like to donate door prizes or help sponsor the dinner, please contact: csbush@gvtc.com.

4. All registration and check-in will be done at the Hangar Hotel, as was done last year.

5. There is a $40 per person registration fee in which each registrant will automatically receive a Boxstoberfest T-Shirt (so long as you register before the shirt cutoff date of August 21) . We will have a limited quantity of additional shirts for purchase at the event, however there will be no Polo shirts offered.

6. There were 3 distinct driving events offered on Saturday - the main drive which is a follow the leader type event, the scenic drive which is a mapped event driven at your own pace and a history based gimmick rally where you explore Gillespie County, TX.

7. When registering, you have the option to "Opt In" to receive text messages. If you turn this option on, you will receive periodic messages prior to the event. During the event, your drive leaders and organizers have the ability to send up to date information immediately (but please let your co-drive read/reply to these - remember, Safety First).

You must register for the event to attend (you can’t just show up), and pay the registration fee and event options fees (dinner, lunch, additional shirts). Hotel registrations are done by booking directly with the hotels - the event registration site does not book your hotel room.

If you have any questions, have door prizes or swag to offer, or want to volunteer for anything - we need drive leaders, parking coordinators, and drive launch helpers, please feel free to send an email to csbush@gvtc.com

Here is the (Draft) full schedule:

Friday, Sept 10, 2021
10:00 am Highland Lakes Tour with lunch in Marble Falls.
1:00 pm (sharp). Wine Tour. Meet in the parking lot of the hotel. Buses will depart from there.
6:00 pm. Registration opens in the Officers Club.

Saturday, Sept 11, 2021
8:00 am. Line Up on the Tarmac behind the Hangar Hotel. Parking helpers will assist you in parking.
9:45 am. MANDATORY drivers meeting
10:00 am. Drives leave the Hangar Hotel
4:00 pm. Officers Club bar opens. Note: you do not have to rush back to be at the O club at 4:00 (remember, safety first). Our group typically hangs around long enough to have ample adult beverages and tell lies about the days adventures.
7:00 pm. Doors to the Pacific Ballroom open, for those attending dinner
7:30 pm. Dinner lines open
7:00 pm - 11:00 pm Awards presented, door prizes and ample more adult beverages in the ballroom.

Sunday, Sept 12, 2020
9:00 am. Or whenever time, depending on how Saturday night events play into the equation. There are no planned events. Sleep in if needed (me), take a run (not me), do some yoga on the tarmac (definitely not me), have breakfast in town (not me again, since I'm sleeping in) with your new/old friends, or ......

As soon as you get up, o-clock. Book your room at the Hangar Hotel for next year's event.

NOTE: Dress for Saturday dinner is casual beachwear, t-shirts and jeans, Tux and evening gown, or ????. The venue looks like a 1940's WWII island outdoor Tiki bar, but dress as you wish.

See you there!!!!
mmcd99 (07-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Texas Get Together Thread