Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 12:17 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,423 Likes on 791 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jimdillard
Terry,

EXCELLENT post! SO much useful information. This is the kind of stuff that makes Rennlist a phenomenal resource. And many thanks to Nick Gwozdz at Porsche of Nashville for his tremendously skilled mechanical work. As I've mentioned elsewhere on this forum, those of us that live in the Middle Tennessee area are VERY fortunate to have Nick available. He is THE BEST. And suffice it to say, held in VERY HIGH ESTEEM by all of us Porsche nuts in the Greater Nashville/Middle Tennessee area.

If I may add a few comments regarding my admittedly subjective observations of your SOUL OAP exhaust and air intake modifications:

1. Exterior Sound: I've heard your GT4 while standing outside the car during "drive-by's" without the SOUL OAP's, and again more recently with the SOUL OAP's installed, so I think I have a basis for comparison. The two, exhaust-valve-open WOT "STOMP ON IT" demos you did in front and behind our house after the SOUL install were extremely impressive, with a very different, deep-throated howl as compared to the sound produced with the OEM OAP's (with GPF's). The Youtube video on the SOUL web site doesn't do these pipes justice. They sound MUCH BETTER than on their video. My greatest concern was to get Terry off our city street and hidden behind our house by our garage in case somebody had called the cops. These pipes sound AMAZINGLY GOOD.

2. Interior Sound: This is where the Cargraphics Controller really earns its keep. And where the Homelink remote control system is amazingly useful. Albeit noisier than the OEM system, at lower speeds I LOVED the sound of the SOUL pipes and open exhaust valves...at ALL RPM's. It just sounds so darned GOOD. The ability to easily OPEN and CLOSE the exhaust valves using the Cargraphics and Homelink remote buttons was EXCELLENT...so EASY! At higher cruising speeds the SOUL pipes still sound great...but I preferred the exhaust valves CLOSED. And when CLOSED they're not overpowering...yet you still know the SOUL pipes are there. One thing I think is distinctly noticeable is the DEEP GROWL out of your BMC Performance air filters when you STOMP ON IT. That is an AWESOME and very noticeable SOUND. And in my view, much improved over the OEM air filters...but again...when you STOMP ON IT.

I'm sure I've missed something above...but thanks again for posting all your data and photos!
Jim D,

I appreciate your review as I knew you would Speak-the-Truth !!!

And for the other Rennlist members as well as Guest to Rennlist they now have some hopefully useful in-depth information.

Plus, they have also received your take on the Newly installed changes.

Terry
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (08-02-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 05:55 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Burning Brakes

Received 998 Likes on 509 Posts

Nice post on the installs. Thanks. Informative.
jimdillard (08-02-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 11:35 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
Nice post on the installs. Thanks. Informative.
RR,

I'm pleased that you found the post of some use.

Appreciate you dropping by,
Terry
Old 08-09-2022, 12:56 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Porsche 2021 Cayman 718 GT4 testing SOUL OAP, CARGRAPHICS Controller, BMC PERFORMANCE

Rennlist members & Guest,

I have been asked multiple times to do a video after the following changes to my 2021 GT4 with PDK were completed.
I finally did that this morning for those that have made the request and of course any others of you that are interested ???

Just as a Heads-Up if you actually want to get a Much-much better/closer idea of what the below video actually sounds like ???
Don't watch and listen to it on a cellphone or laptop with those Tiny Little Itsy-Bitsy built-in speakers !!!

I chose to look and listen to it in my Dedicated-Home-Theater and I Highly-Suggest you do the same if possible.

BTW,
Turn the Volume-Up ...........

I had No-Idea that a cellphone could do this Great a Job but it does.

PORSCHE 2021 CAYMAN 718 GT4 testing SOUL OAP, CARGRAPHICS Controller, BMC PERFORMANCE filters.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-09-2022 at 08:46 PM. Reason: My computer had an issue which I just now corrected.
The following 9 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
GentianGentleman (08-26-2022), IRM (08-10-2022), isthar (11-27-2023), jimdillard (08-09-2022), rwm (08-15-2022), slilley (08-10-2022), Soul Performance (08-10-2022), TripleL (08-15-2022), UncleDude (08-15-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-15-2022, 10:47 AM
AtoB
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 64 Posts

lol... thanks.. its my set up as of right now.. sound much better in person. had a nice 30mile ride this am with the radio off to see what I really thought. it does sound great, I have a feeling that im going to stick with just the OAPs wide open.. had to justify the $$ of the muffler based on all I have read.thanks again, much appreciated!
The following 2 users liked this post by AtoB:
jimdillard (08-15-2022), tigerhonaker (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 01:56 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AtoB
lol... thanks.. its my set up as of right now.. sound much better in person. had a nice 30mile ride this am with the radio off to see what I really thought. it does sound great,
I have a feeling that im going to stick with just the OAPs wide open..
had to justify the $$ of the muffler based on all I have read.thanks again, much appreciated!
AtoB,

Glad to be of some assistance.

I'm loving my new changes for sure.
I drive the majority of the time with the Cargraphics on Mode 2 which is, valves-open-continuously.

Terry

AtoB (08-28-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 12:53 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Both videos testing SOUL, Cargraphics, BMC filters, Windows Up & Down (Comparisons)

Guys,

Per your REQUEST .............

Both videos testing SOUL OAP, Cargraphics Mode 2 controller, BMC Performance intake filters, Windows Up & Down (Comparisons)

1ST video with Windows-Up.

Porsche 2021 Cayman 718 GT4 testing SOUL OAP, CARGRAPHICS Controller, BMC PERFORMANCE filters.

2ND video with Both Windows-Down.

Porsche Cayman 718 GT4 in Racing Yellow testing, SOUL OAP, Cargraphics Mode 2 controller, BMC filter

Terry
The following 6 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
DFW01TT (08-16-2022), GentianGentleman (08-21-2022), jimdillard (08-16-2022), LoodorneGT4 (08-19-2022), slilley (08-17-2022), Soul Performance (08-16-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-22-2022, 01:53 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post GT4 is now at Marlin's Detailing and TINTWORKS .............

Hello,

Cathy (Wife) and I drove to Murfreesboro and dropped off the GT4 to Chris Marlin at 8:15am this morning.
He met us at his shop ............

He will get the Driver's-Side lower rocker panel ready for Randy next door at TINTWORKS to install the Xpel PPF on the panel.

The panel was damaged from something flying up off the road gouging/scratching it.

Then back over to Chris so he can apply the Gtechniq Ultra Serum and 2 top coats of Gtechniq EXO.
He will be looking for any areas that might require additional attention ???
Lastly he will apply Gtechniq spray product to enhance the Gtechniq Ultra Serum.

If things work-out for my Franklin connection Jim Dillard with his Porsche 2022 Spyder in Gentian Blue at PON and Nick installing the changes ???
I might ride over with Jim in his Spyder and we can ride back in my GT4.
Just depends on if Nick has or will have Jim's Spyder done this week or not.

Cathy and I were taken through Marlin's shop and got to see where he just had a New Finish installed on his floor.
It's the NON-Slip type surface that he said had been on the floor for 3-years so he had it redone this past weekend.
It looks good.

Okay time for the usual pictures that I do below.

BTW,
If you don't have shops like TINTWORKS (Randy) and Marlins Auto Detailing (Chris) where your located ???
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOTH of these shops and the owners they are absolutely the Best of the Best !!!

TINTWORKS ........................... (615) 606-0866 Randy Humphries

Marlins Auto Detailing .......... (615) 485-6336 Chris Marlin

The 1st picture is when Jim and I drove over for him to meet and discuss with Chris & Randy the work to be performed on his Spyder.
We enjoyed the time their and were very much informed on what those guys do.

Terry

The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
jimdillard (08-22-2022), TripleL (08-22-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 03:35 AM
GentianGentleman
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Rennlist members & Guest,

I have been asked multiple times to do a video after the following changes to my 2021 GT4 with PDK were completed.
I finally did that this morning for those that have made the request and of course any others of you that are interested ???

Just as a Heads-Up if you actually want to get a Much-much better/closer idea of what the below video actually sounds like ???
Don't watch and listen to it on a cellphone or laptop with those Tiny Little Itsy-Bitsy built-in speakers !!!

I chose to look and listen to it in my Dedicated-Home-Theater and I Highly-Suggest you do the same if possible.

BTW,
Turn the Volume-Up ...........

I had No-Idea that a cellphone could do this Great a Job but it does.

PORSCHE 2021 CAYMAN 718 GT4 testing SOUL OAP, CARGRAPHICS Controller, BMC PERFORMANCE filters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYCgwgYhAv8

Terry
Looking Good Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by GentianGentleman:
jimdillard (08-26-2022), tigerhonaker (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 10:38 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Question

Originally Posted by GentianGentleman
Looking Good Terry
Thank-You ................ kind Sir ^^^

BTW,
If you didn't see the below Post I did you might want to check it out ???

Both videos testing SOUL, Cargraphics, BMC filters, Windows Up & Down (Comparisons)

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post18306540

The above post has Both videos of the GT4 with all windows closed and the 2nd video is with all windows down.

Be Safe,
Terry
jimdillard (08-27-2022)
Old 08-28-2022, 03:16 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up My Porsche Cayman 718 GT4 is ready for pick-up .........

Got an E-Mail from Chris Marlin and it said Randy had completed the Xpel PPF on the lower driver's rear panel.
And he was done with the Gtechniq products.

So, as it worked out PON (Porsche of Nashville) Nick (Shop Foreman) was all done with Jim Dillard's 2022 Gentian Blue Porsche Spyder.
Jim and his wife (Kathy) went over and picked-up the New take-off Michelin PS4S tires and the stock OAP.
Jim then drove over to my house on the opposite side of Franklin to pick me up and off we went to Marlins & TINTWORKS in Murfreesboro.

OOPS almost overlooked the following ............
After we dropped off Jim's Spyder and picked-up my GT4.
Jim {VOLUNTEERED} to buy us lunch at the GOAT where we had eaten before and it was great.

So guys, Jim's Spyder was left and we were then after lunch heading back to Franklin in the GT4 with it's Newly installed Xpel PPF & Gtechniq products.
Mine is back like it was before it's injury some months ago.

Jim at my house on the left in picture picking me up.

My GT4 in Marlins ...........

Randy doing the delivery as Chris Marlin was mobile and doing a Porsche GT3.

Randy applying the Suncoast Water & Oil decals for me.
That's Jim on the left over seeing the operation.

Mine is out in the parking lot.
Randy is pulling in Jim's Spyder into Marlins shop.

After dropping off Jim at his house.
I dropped by AW COLLISION Repair which is on my way home.
I was hoping I might just Luck-Out and they might "Reattach" the passenger lower foot-well black panel for me.
After all I did go back to AW and dropped off Custom 3-Dozen donuts from a Bakery.

They hooked me up and I was all set once again ...................

Thanks for dropping by guys,
Terry

AtoB (08-28-2022), jimdillard (08-28-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 01:29 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Greetings guys,

Below is the invoice from TINTWORKS (Randy) and Marlins Auto Detailing (Chris).

Plus add AW Collision.

So for the below Scratch it cost me $1,760.07 US dollars.

And to totally complete all the work at the multiple shops was plus a few months as they are all Super-Backed-Up.

Thankfully the GT4 is now back home and is once again Showroom new,
Terry

P-car-Vancouver (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 01:40 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,161 Likes on 2,110 Posts

Hey Terry how are those low dust brake pads?
Old 09-24-2022, 01:37 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Hey Terry how are those low dust brake pads?
Hello UncleDude,

I now have over 5,200 miles or 8,368 kilometers.

The Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads are working perfect with zero-issues.
Just as a heads-up they can and do squeak on & off.
Why ???
There are Many-many comments as to why they squeak sometimes.
Personally, it's just not even a tiny-bit of a concern to me I'm simply mentioning it.
Also, for those interested ???
I have had the GT4 Way-way over 100 mph Many-many times (After) the 1st 2,000 mile Break-In.
Also, in stormy conditions as well as Texas HEAT on the trip I made some months back.
They (Hawk) pads have not ever given any reason for me to Regret having them installed at PON (Porsche of Nashville) before I took delivery.

UncleDude,
I realize I post totally different than you and some others here on Rennlist.
Even though my style is different I make it a point to NOT Mislead Any Rennlist Member/Members.
If your now considering the Hawk Performance Ceramic pads I Do-Not think you will be Disappointed.

I've had them on my Golf R (Cathy's), Audi RS-3, Dodge Challenger Hellcat, and also on my 2008 Limited Edition Bullitt Mustang as well as other vehicles over the years.
None of those cars gave me any reason to go back to the Stock-Brake-Pads.

BTW,
You probably might not recall a fellow Rennlist member here in Franklin, Tennessee USA Jim Dillard.
He just took delivery of his 2022 Porsche Spyder in Gentian Blue.
Jim drove it ^^^ some and immediately came to the conclusion the Stock-Brake-Pads .......... Totally-SUCK !!!
He contacted me to confirm the "Correct" part numbers to order the Hawk pads Front & Rear.
They have since arrived and he made the appointment at PON to get those installed.
The Black-Brake-Dust with the Stock-Pads is a DAMN-NIGHTMARE especially more so I think when we get older.

Stay safe buddy,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-24-2022 at 01:41 PM.
jimdillard (09-24-2022), P-car-Vancouver (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 02:19 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hello UncleDude,

I now have over 5,200 miles or 8,368 kilometers.

The Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads are working perfect with zero-issues.
Just as a heads-up they can and do squeak on & off.
Why ???
There are Many-many comments as to why they squeak sometimes.
Personally, it's just not even a tiny-bit of a concern to me I'm simply mentioning it.
Also, for those interested ???
I have had the GT4 Way-way over 100 mph Many-many times (After) the 1st 2,000 mile Break-In.
Also, in stormy conditions as well as Texas HEAT on the trip I made some months back.
They (Hawk) pads have not ever given any reason for me to Regret having them installed at PON (Porsche of Nashville) before I took delivery.

UncleDude,
I realize I post totally different than you and some others here on Rennlist.
Even though my style is different I make it a point to NOT Mislead Any Rennlist Member/Members.
If your now considering the Hawk Performance Ceramic pads I Do-Not think you will be Disappointed.

I've had them on my Golf R (Cathy's), Audi RS-3, Dodge Challenger Hellcat, and also on my 2008 Limited Edition Bullitt Mustang as well as other vehicles over the years.
None of those cars gave me any reason to go back to the Stock-Brake-Pads.

BTW,
You probably might not recall a fellow Rennlist member here in Franklin, Tennessee USA Jim Dillard.
He just took delivery of his 2022 Porsche Spyder in Gentian Blue.
Jim drove it ^^^ some and immediately came to the conclusion the Stock-Brake-Pads .......... Totally-SUCK !!!
He contacted me to confirm the "Correct" part numbers to order the Hawk pads Front & Rear.
They have since arrived and he made the appointment at PON to get those installed.
The Black-Brake-Dust with the Stock-Pads is a DAMN-NIGHTMARE especially more so I think when we get older.

Stay safe buddy,
Terry
I ***FULLY CONCUR*** with Terry above that the stock Porsche brake pads, while extremely effective at stopping, ARE A VIRTUAL NIGHTMARE WHEN TRYING TO KEEP THE WHEELS CLEAN. I drove my new Spyder for two days, and after seeing the BLACK MESS on the Satin Aurum wheels, called Terry to get the correct Hawk part numbers for the Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads. I'm in line at Porsche of Nashville waiting for their SUPERB 20-Year Porsche Certified Gold Level Technician Nick Gwozdz to install them.

I ordered them from LM Performance and received a 10% military discount. https://www.lmperformance.com

Last edited by jimdillard; 09-24-2022 at 02:55 PM.
tigerhonaker (09-25-2022)

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker