Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 12:17 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,495 Likes on 833 Posts
Originally Posted by ausgang
Your county charges 3% sales tax on top of the 7% your state charges? Wow.
Not far from the 15% VAT we had when I lived in England.
Looks like you need an OG sticker for your collection.
You going to start doing "wash and talks" like Matt? Lol!

I almost forgot -- here's another review for your collection:

I should have reached out to Tommy G. my salesman at OG and asked for an OG Banner and or Super-Large-Sticker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fw0EWwn74s
ausgang,

Speaking of our Tax rate it's actually 9.75% for purchases.
We don't have a State income Tax in Tennessee.

Well I doubt I'll be doing videos of me cleaning,washing, detailing the GT4.
However speaking of Matt and OG.
He does some Very-very informative videos for guys like me that need all the instructions they can get.

I'll definitely be checking out the video buddy.
Love watching videos ..........

In my case I get to watch all my videos in my Dedicated Home Theater.
And it's as Bad-*** as my GT4.

Hang Tough buddy,
Terry

The following 3 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
dnimi123 (12-02-2021), Elegant (12-01-2021), VIDoug (12-11-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 01:59 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 79 Posts

I miss my Rennlist days. I spent an insane amount of time here in the early days. Thanks for the write-up Terry!
Old 12-02-2021, 02:40 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Money2536
I miss my Rennlist days. I spent an insane amount of time here in the early days.
Thanks for the write-up Terry!
Hi Matt,

Seriously, you have and still are providing extensive YouTube videos that for the layman guides us to solutions that actually work as you have spent your money and time already researching.

Thanks for OG (Obsessed Garage) and your team !!!

Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
ausgang (12-02-2021), dnimi123 (12-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 11:18 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Seems it's time for you to add an OG sticker to that collection you have.
About the only thing I'm ahead of you in.

The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (12-04-2021)
Old 12-04-2021, 12:49 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ausgang
Seems it's time for you to add an OG sticker to that collection you have.
About the only thing I'm ahead of you in.

ausgang,

Love the OBSESSED GARAGE sticker you (Already) have dawg

Maybe they will put a sticker in my order.

I did just receive an E-Mail on my order ...........

Matt from Obsessed Garage below:
Dec 3, 2021

Reserve Your Spot - December 3rd Update

Thankfully here winter time is soon going to be on us.
Normally not severe weather but certainly colder and raining frequently.
It's already been down in the mornings to like 28-degrees and that's cold to us.
I think my timing on getting my new washing solutions package was timed well.
Better to wait now than in the Spring-Summer-Fall .................

The wait continues,
Terry
Old 12-11-2021, 02:13 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post OBSESSED GARAGE (Black Friday) shipping up-date ...

Guys,

Below is the latest as of yesterday on where OBSESSED GARAGE is on the Black-Friday shipping.

RYS Update - 12/10/2021

Reserving Your Spot Updates + More Garage Solutions IdeasOh, man!

What a week we've had. We're finally seeing the light of day from our super successful, super humbling Black Friday/Cyber
Monday sale. The entire OG team sacrificed so much to make this our best Black Friday yet. I can't thank you enough for
your continued support.

As we move forward, we have some exciting things coming down the pipeline - things I will begin to share with you in the
upcoming weeks through these emails and on social. Get ready for that!

In this video, I talk about where we are with Black Friday orders as well as dive into some more end-to-end solution ideas I
have for the garage. You'll want to watch this video in its entirety. I have some pretty cool stuff to share with you.

Lastly, for all up-to-date information regarding our out-of-stock items, click the link below. We're keeping this document
updated regularly with new ETA's, etc.

Thanks for being a part of this with us. Stay tuned for more crazy.
Dec 10, 2021

Terry
Old 12-18-2021, 01:32 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Obsessed Garage parts Up-Date December 17th 2021 ...

Greetings,

If any of you are using Obsessed Garage I just received this E-Mail with the latest Up-Dates.

Terry
Old 12-20-2021, 02:09 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post More New GT4 cleaning items have arrived ...........

Hello guys,

I'm thinking I might now be all set for cleaning items for the GT4.
I've done a lot of research and I think for me I'm all set until the order I placed with OBSESSED Garage arrives.
When I did the last clean-up I found out some areas that were a Major-Pain to get to.
So I think I have those areas now covered with what just arrived.

Link,
Amazon Amazon

Link,
Amazon Amazon

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 12-20-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Elegant (12-20-2021)
Old 01-19-2022, 08:43 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post New Michelin "Ultra-High-Performance" AS/4 tires are coming ...

Guys,

I will be selling the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires that are currently on my GT4 if anyone is interested???
Note* (The tires will be available when the New AS/4 Michelin tires are installed)

I read all about these tires over on "The Tire Rack" and then went to YouTube and watched a lot and I do mean a lot of videos on them.
They are Highly Rated.
You can see and watch those YouTube videos over on the other Thread.

Below is that Link.
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17917567

On another Thread here that I started this week I made inquires about the above tires.
Got a lot of replies as well as many suggestions.

I'm posting now on this Dedicated Thread as this is all about my 2021 Porsche GT4.

This afternoon I have Paid-in-Full for the Michelin "Ultra-High-Performance" AS/4 tires at Discount Tire.
What I found out was they are on National Back-Order with No-Date as to when they will be Available.
I chose to pay for them so I'm Guaranteed I'll get a set as soon as they are once again available.
I'm very much looking forward to them after getting them installed on my wife's 2017 Golf R this afternoon at the same Discount-Tire-Store here in Franklin, TN.

I'll let you guys know when I found out they are once again available,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-20-2022 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Note* (The tires will be available when the New AS/4 Michelin tires are installed)
Old 01-19-2022, 09:00 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 664 Posts

I’m a little confused. You’re selling the tires currently on your car, yet the replacement tires you’ve chosen are backordered with no fulfillment date?
Safe to say you’re not selling the tires currently on your car until the new tires arrive?

I’ll be interest to hear your impressions on the back to back comparison (if I understand correctly).
Old 01-20-2022, 09:34 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I’m a little confused.
You’re selling the tires currently on your car, yet the replacement tires you’ve chosen are back-ordered with no fulfillment date?
Safe to say you’re not selling the tires currently on your car until the new tires arrive?

I’ll be interest to hear your impressions on the back to back comparison (if I understand correctly).
needmoregarage,

You have excellent eyes.
I did actually mean to address when the current PS4S tires would be available for sale my Baddddddd.

I went back and added the following statement to the post above ^^^.
Note* (The tires will be available when the New AS/4 Michelin tires are installed)

I’ll be interest to hear your impressions on the back to back comparison (if I understand correctly)
Trust me I'll being doing the comparison for sure and you know me I don't "Sugar-Coat".
After driving the Golf R last night coming home in the Storm and it didn't move any at all going through Standing-Water nor on the interstate at 70 to 75 MPH.
Even when a Semi Tractor Truck went by me producing a WALL-of-WATER !!!

I'll be back on this subject but the AS/4 Michelin tires might be a longggggg time in coming.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-20-2022 at 11:57 AM. Reason: What else ??? ............... Spelling of course ....... LOL !!!
Old 01-20-2022, 10:10 AM
nothingman
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 93 Posts

I'm really confused why you would put PSAS4's on a GT4? I run PSA4's on my daily driver, and they're great for all weather but they're not a performance tire. It sounds like you really should be buying a second set of wheels for the GT4 so you have a winter set with PSA4's and a summer set with PS4S's or PSC2's. You're really going to lose the essence of what a GT4 is all about by installing PSAS4's and losing the handling capabilities of the higher performing summer tires. It's starting to sound more and more like you bought the wrong car.

Last edited by nothingman; 01-20-2022 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:11 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by nothingman
I'm really confused why you would put PSAS4's on a GT4? I run PSA4's on my daily driver, and they're great for all weather but they're not a performance tire. It sounds like you really should be buying a second set of wheels for the GT4 so you have a winter set with PSA4's and a summer set with PS4S's or PSC2's. You're really going to lose the essence of what a GT4 is all about by installing PSAS4's and losing the handling capabilities of the higher performing summer tires. It's starting to sound more and more like you bought the wrong car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzw6VLaSOfU
nothingman,

This is not a cute, smart-***, reply below.

We all have our reasons for what we purchase, tires we run, colors, options and the list goes on and on and ...............

My use in regards to the GT4 to other Rennlist Members in some cases greatly differ as you have pointed out in your comments/post above ^^^.

Let me finish by adding the following.
When I was younger I drove like a Numb-Skull, Half-Wit, and luckily I lived through all those years.
I've Drag-Raced Super-Fast motorcycles as well as Super-Fast, Highly Modified cars in those years.
And if you simply believe and trust that what I'm saying is true ???
You name it and I've more than likely done it when it comes to Super-Fast/Highly Modified vehicles.
That was back when I was Young buddy ^^^

I'm now 76-years old and I readily admit what I do now is Totally-Different than my young-years.

I'm 100% enjoying my new GT4 and I'm doing it My-Way ...........

Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Rupert16 (07-13-2022), Webfiero (01-29-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 12:34 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Today, 05:44 AM
slilley
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 76 Posts

Terry, congrats on the new tires - glad you like them! One thing worth mentioning, and a good reminder for everyone here, is that most tires take a couple hundred miles of driving until they are performing at optimum levels because of the mold release compound that's present on the surface of all new tires. This from Tire Rack:
Breaking in Your Tires

Tires are comprised of many layers of rubber, steel and fabric. Due to these different components, your new tires require a break-in period to ensure that they deliver their normal ride quality and maximum performance. As tires are cured, a release lubricant is applied to prevent them from sticking in their mold. Some of the lubricant stays on the surface of your tires, reducing traction until it is worn away. Five hundred miles of easy acceleration, cornering and braking will allow the mold release lubricant to wear off, allowing the other tire components to begin working together.
"...your new tires require a break-in period to ensure that they deliver their normal ride quality and maximum performance. "

Note: Be careful whenever you explore the capabilities of your new tires.
Remember that every tire requires a break-in period of 500 miles for optimum performance.

Last edited by slilley; Today at 05:45 AM.
slilley,

The above is a Copy & Paste from the other Thread I started that has now been "LOCKED".

Yes we are both on the same page in regards to the Break-in-Miles on the new AS/4 Michelin tires just installed.
I was going to do the miles suggested by The Tire Rack but as you saw in the other Thread I drove home in a Storm.
I'll be doing those Break-in-Miles for sure so the tires will Perform as they should.

Thanks for the "Heads-Up" buddy.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-20-2022 at 12:40 PM.
slilley (01-21-2022)
Old 01-23-2022, 09:19 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Guys,

I will be selling the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires that are currently on my GT4 if anyone is interested???

I read all about these tires over on "The Tire Rack" and then went to YouTube and watched a lot and I do mean a lot of videos on them.
They are Highly Rated.
You can see and watch those YouTube videos over on the other Thread.

Below is that Link.
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17917567

On another Thread here that I started this week I made inquires about the above tires.
Got a lot of replies as well as many suggestions.

I'm posting now on this Dedicated Thread as this is all about my 2021 Porsche GT4.

This afternoon I have Paid-in-Full for the Michelin "Ultra-High-Performance" AS/4 tires at Discount Tire.
What I found out was they are on National Back-Order with No-Date as to when they will be Available.
I chose to pay for them so I'm Guaranteed I'll get a set as soon as they are once again available.
I'm very much looking forward to them after getting them installed on my wife's 2017 Golf R this afternoon at the same Discount-Tire-Store here in Franklin, TN.

I'll let you guys know when I found out they are once again available,
Terry
January 23rd 2022
Up-Date:

Well as it's turned out the Michelin PS4S tires on my Porsche GT4 have been Pre-Sold.

In-fact as it has turned out the same Rennlist member that purchased my Michelin Cup 2 tires that lives in Georgia just purchased the PS4S tires.
He (Randy) will be driving up and picking them up in person once I hear back from Discount Tire that my newly purchased Michelin AS/4 tires have arrived.
(No date on that ^^^ at all)
I'm going to hold the miles driven now on my GT4 so No-Additional wear will take place on the PS4S tires.

Check out some of Randy's Machines below.

And his New Porsche Spyder that will be 1-day running the
.............................. Michelin PS4S tires.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-23-2022 at 09:54 AM.
2XIPA (01-30-2022)

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker