Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 10:44 AM
mr gregash
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
I will be posting sound clips of the full inconel version with @K-Nut in Dec. Full video vs stock car March.
Interested to hear. I will likely go SS version but that price is very reasonable at under 3k. Even the inconel is priced very reasonably.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:48 PM
ltfl09
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by mr gregash
Interested to hear. I will likely go SS version but that price is very reasonable at under 3k. Even the inconel is priced very reasonably.
Reached out to Kline. SS version sounds INCREDIBLE. The video they sent me had Link pipes/valvetronic exhaust/stock headers. (I wish I could attach it here but it's MP4 format - I'm new to rennlist). Can't imagine what the inconel sounds like.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:56 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by ltfl09
Reached out to Kline. SS version sounds INCREDIBLE. The video they sent me had Link pipes/valvetronic exhaust/stock headers. (I wish I could attach it here but it's MP4 format - I'm new to rennlist). Can't imagine what the inconel sounds like.
put it up on instagram and post the link
Old 11-17-2020, 06:00 PM
ltfl09
Racer

Will get to the video posted tomorrow perhaps on YouTube? I took the dive and ordered the full inconel system (no headers) lol - It was between them or SOUL. I originally wanted Titanium so Inconel is the next best thing or even better. They confirmed they make US spec and EU Spec via email. I did order the valve controller from Soul though to add and keep the valves open
The following users liked this post:
jebbe (02-09-2024)
Old 11-17-2020, 06:08 PM
Nxtwave
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
I will be posting sound clips of the full inconel version with @K-Nut in Dec. Full video vs stock car March.
Looking forward to it!
Old 11-17-2020, 09:55 PM
ltfl09
Racer

FYI. Here is the video sent to me by Kline. Stainless Steel OAP + Stainless Steel Valvetronic system. Stock Headers

That being said, I went ahead and took the leap of faith for the inconel system without the headers and I'm pairing it with the Soul valve controller to top it off and have sound also on the low RPM side.
The following 2 users liked this post by ltfl09:
jimdillard (07-08-2023), Rennolazine (11-17-2020)
Old 11-18-2020, 12:52 AM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

It sounds like two distinct signatures; probably valves close and open. Hopefully, we'll have driving sounds, at WOT and cruising, soon. This is sounding promising.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:03 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

I hope you don't mind me dropping in. JCR has been mentioned a number of times throughout this thread so thought it best to pass comment.

We shared our dyno data before any one else with our Inconel Race Headers, Titanium OPF Deletes and Titanium Silenced Valved Race Pipe. The numbers and the deltas are BIG, larger than many would have expected, including ourselves, had we not driven the car and felt it for ourselves for thousands of track testing miles before releasing Dyno data. Yes, we test for thousands of miles on track before releasing products, not just one revision, dyno run and bam, get it on the website

As the first it's inevitable that the numbers come under fire. The usual suspect started issuing warnings as why you shouldn't trust dyno data from a company without their own dyno etc etc, all of that usual stuff.. All documented on their social media if anyone cares to indulge.

Roll on a few weeks, that same company releases their own data and the numbers all of a sudden line up. "Our 718 GT4 makes stock 991.1 GT3 numbers on the same dyno" they proudly state .. Strangely close to the 475hp peak we claimed? Maybe a coincidence Needless to say, our numbers are no longer being questioned.

Soul have just posted an independent dyno from a customer running their Race system with OEM headers. 30whp gains from a 'cat-back' alone, it seems a lot but then it ties in with what we should come to expect.

I can't comment on Kline / Cargraphics data they have released as we only concern ourselves with our own data.

The point I'm making is that whilst our figures may have seemed extraordinary in the first instance, as time goes on the more apparent it will become that they're in fact in line with what you should come to expect from a properly designed and tested exhaust solution when installed on this platform.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following 5 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
Frank Torres (12-12-2020), kj71109 (11-18-2020), mazyo (11-18-2020), Roarke (11-18-2020), TDT (11-18-2020)
Old 11-18-2020, 07:27 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
I hope you don't mind me dropping in. JCR has been mentioned a number of times throughout this thread so thought it best to pass comment.

We shared our dyno data before any one else with our Inconel Race Headers, Titanium OPF Deletes and Titanium Silenced Valved Race Pipe. The numbers and the deltas are BIG, larger than many would have expected, including ourselves, had we not driven the car and felt it for ourselves for thousands of track testing miles before releasing Dyno data. Yes, we test for thousands of miles on track before releasing products, not just one revision, dyno run and bam, get it on the website

As the first it's inevitable that the numbers come under fire. The usual suspect started issuing warnings as why you shouldn't trust dyno data from a company without their own dyno etc etc, all of that usual stuff.. All documented on their social media if anyone cares to indulge.

Roll on a few weeks, that same company releases their own data and the numbers all of a sudden line up. "Our 718 GT4 makes stock 991.1 GT3 numbers on the same dyno" they proudly state .. Strangely close to the 475hp peak we claimed? Maybe a coincidence Needless to say, our numbers are no longer being questioned.

Soul have just posted an independent dyno from a customer running their Race system with OEM headers. 30whp gains from a 'cat-back' alone, it seems a lot but then it ties in with what we should come to expect.

I can't comment on Kline / Cargraphics data they have released as we only concern ourselves with our own data.

The point I'm making is that whilst our figures may have seemed extraordinary in the first instance, as time goes on the more apparent it will become that they're in fact in line with what you should come to expect from a properly designed and tested exhaust solution when installed on this platform.

JC

I got to agree with you on this......all results pouring in are showing pretty much what you found from the beginning.
You got to understand something, no one expected these gains from a N/A engine and even less from Porsche so it's a given that people will question numbers at first until it's corroborated with other results, even from other vendors.
I do have to give it to JCR that they took the jump into the 718 from the get go thus why they have become the target
Don't worry, number and results will speak louder than anything over time....

The following users liked this post:
Roarke (11-18-2020)
Old 11-18-2020, 07:29 AM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

JC
JC, I think some of us are just trying to figure out the different combinations and the reasons for the different power outputs. Obviously keeping the cats (even if it is race cats) and having monitored OPFs certainly reduces the gains. I actually don't think many people doubt the numbers in this thread (I certainly don't), but trying to figure out what system suits them best, and with European cars, without a tune or some sort of monitored OPF the choices are somewhat limited if you want big power. But as you say, there seems to be a lot of potential in this engine. On that note, I'm a bit surprised that the new GT3 only appears to get a 10 bhp bump compared to the 991.2.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:35 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
I got to agree with you on this......all results pouring in are showing pretty much what you found from the beginning.
You got to understand something, no one expected these gains from a N/A engine and even less from Porsche so it's a given that people will question numbers at first until it's corroborated with other results, even from other vendors.
I do have to give it to JCR that they took the jump into the 718 from the get go thus why they have become the target
Don't worry, number and results will speak louder than anything over time....
It's an absolutely brilliant platform from the factory and the thought of having that potential locked away is just the cherry on top. Anyone with a 718 GT4 / Spyder has made an excellent choice

Originally Posted by acey81
JC, I think some of us are just trying to figure out the different combinations and the reasons for the different power outputs. Obviously keeping the cats (even if it is race cats) and having monitored OPFs certainly reduces the gains. I actually don't think many people doubt the numbers in this thread (I certainly don't), but trying to figure out what system suits them best, and with European cars, without a tune or some sort of monitored OPF the choices are somewhat limited if you want big power. But as you say, there seems to be a lot of potential in this engine. On that note, I'm a bit surprised that the new GT3 only appears to get a 10 bhp bump compared to the 991.2.
Any specific questions you may have please do feel free to ask via DM or on any of the JCR threads

I wasn't at all intending to hijack this thread, simply wanted to clear up any thoughts or concerns over our published numbers as they were being discussed, quoted and compared

JC
The following 2 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
Frank Torres (12-12-2020), kj71109 (11-18-2020)
Old 11-18-2020, 04:11 PM
ltfl09
Racer

It's an absolutely brilliant platform from the factory and the thought of having that potential locked away is just the cherry on top. Anyone with a 718 GT4 / Spyder has made an excellent choice

Any specific questions you may have please do feel free to ask via DM or on any of the JCR threads

I wasn't at all intending to hijack this thread, simply wanted to clear up any thoughts or concerns over our published numbers as they were being discussed, quoted and compared

JC
No worries as much as I like your exhaust and really want it as it pitches the correct "3RS" like sound - it's more than what I would like to spend. Inconel is the next best thing to give a high pitch sound. For me, I'm not too worried on gains, just a bonus for me. Cheers

Last edited by ltfl09; 11-18-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:39 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

I live in an area where I have to pass state emissions testing, If you install the gas particle filter delete or the sport cats will it cause a check engine light on US cars?
Old 11-18-2020, 06:19 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by blackland
I live in an area where I have to pass state emissions testing, If you install the gas particle filter delete or the sport cats will it cause a check engine light on US cars?
No, there is no sensor in the OPF box on US spec cars. No CEL and no effect on emissions.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:35 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Really like the sound; I'll likely go for the Inconel option in the new year to pair up with the Akrapovic link pipes. GT4 is already hibernating for the winter, so no rush on my end until next spring before I can even start it up. Look forward to seeing some installation pictures and other sound clips from those of you who've decided to go this route as well!

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust