Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Invoice Pricing For Boxster Spyder and dealing below MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 02:20 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
too late I think for Miami Blue (at least in the GT4/Spyder) ...
North Houston has a MB spyder
Old 01-30-2021, 03:13 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,117 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by Salespunk
Someone just reported a $4K discount as of yesterday in LA in another thread. Looked like a nice build as well.
I got very near that in LA as well without too much effort.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:17 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fantom
What dealer is telling you 4% off??
Is that so surprising? I got a bit less than 4% in LA without trying very hard. I imagine if you really push or have a packed build, you can get 4%.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:20 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I have been seriously considering a Spider and selling my Targa GTS. So far I have been offered 2% off an order at one dealer and 4% at another, and 2 more dealers are at MSRP - no trade in. The dealer that sold me my ordered Targa GTS with a 6% discount is the one offering 2%, only because I bought the other one.
4% very doable...
Old 01-30-2021, 05:56 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk2
North Houston has a MB spyder
too late to order (a new) one, MB became unavailable 11/30/20.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:20 AM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
I think you are over thinking your offer
because even if you have the invoice pricing , there is hold back and other incentives from factory to dealer
and even if you know these numbers , it does not mean the dealer will accept your offer
roughly speaking you can safely say 10 % off , still leave them small margin
will they accept that on a GT car , probably not , but you can try
also different dealers have different business models , meaning , some will sit on a car for a year and will never discount , some will discount aggressively to move a car
Car market now is very fragmented. Some regular cars are selling at crazy premiums , and 718 GT cars , seem harder to move
you never know for sure, unless you negotiate and I suggest starting with GSM rather than SA because the SA will automatically tell you some BS
This ^^^ Really up to the dealer's business model. I personally know of a dealer that has had a delivery mile GT2 rs in the showroom for over 2 years. And its a very decent spec. Maybe its just nice having something special in the showroom rather than just the normal set of SUVs. In the region I live they don't discount GT cars. I went out of province and received a $2k discount on a car in inventory. No way to know unless you ask. Also, knowing the dealer markup really has nothing to do with what to expect or how far they are willing to go.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:46 PM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Received 1,120 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by excelsiorz
I don't know. As I said, this one dealer has had 3 of them sitting on their lot for a while now. A white one with CC brakes and red interior with carbon seats has been there for months.
Just curious....are the PCCB in yellow or black? If yellow, then a white car with yellow brakes and red interior is a horrendous color combination.....IMO
Old 01-30-2021, 07:53 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Puggz
This ^^^ Really up to the dealer's business model. I personally know of a dealer that has had a delivery mile GT2 rs in the showroom for over 2 years. And its a very decent spec. Maybe its just nice having something special in the showroom rather than just the normal set of SUVs. In the region I live they don't discount GT cars. I went out of province and received a $2k discount on a car in inventory. No way to know unless you ask. Also, knowing the dealer markup really has nothing to do with what to expect or how far they are willing to go.
Agreed. And the cost to finance inventory right now is nil, so they can sit on it as long as they want.

Back in ‘16 my dealer had an RS on the floor for months and months, with a standing offer from me at sticker. I thought they were nuts sitting on it. And then someone came along after nine months in inventory and gave them $40k over...
Old 01-30-2021, 09:30 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,646 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Is that so surprising? I got a bit less than 4% in LA without trying very hard. I imagine if you really push or have a packed build, you can get 4%.

Would you be willing to PM me your dealer? I am about 2 mths away from ordering. I have been offered MSRP here in the Bay Area, but they aren't budging off MSRP. I have bought my last 2 vehicles in the So. Cal area and saved money both times. It is also a nice drive back home in a new car.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:33 AM
Spyderman2
Instructor

Received 198 Likes on 70 Posts

I paid MSRP for my Spyder, like most people.
Last year I bought my wife a Lexus GX460. First dealer I went to said he'd sell me the GX460 for $1000 below MSRP. Sounded OK, but not great. Then I tried the Costco car buying program, and through that program I was able to get it for $1000 below Invoice. That's like 12% below MSRP. Plus Lexus Corp gave me an additional $2000 cash back as a rebate. Unfortunately you can't buy Porsche's through Costco. But I do suggest checking them out for non-Porsche cars you may be considering. Sorry about the non-Porsche content here, but I thought someone might benefit from it.

Quick Reply: Dealer Invoice Pricing For Boxster Spyder and dealing below MSRP