Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

First serious issue with GT4 :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 03:04 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Roarke
Story continue :

received letter from dealers lawyer that i cannot return car, because its my fault that engine broke.. they said that I overused car and they think that I was on the track according tires condition

i never over rev or even never hit redline with this car
you took the 2nd engine to the track and broke it ... while it was at the dealers and they never released to you ? Lol. Such bull****.

a letter like this shows one of two things, both bad faith. They either ****ed up the replacement engine and that’s why it didn’t work and Porsche is pissed with them. Now they want you to pay for their failure to do the engine swap correctly. Or they’ve decided the car is a lemon and they ran the numbers and decided a lawsuit is cheaper than honoring the warranty.

anyway. Time to get some professional legal advice. If you go the formal lawsuit route, subpoena all their communication with Porsche. I’ll wager there’s something hilarious in there.
The following users liked this post:
FASTRKMAN (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 06:31 PM
4MIDABLE
Racer

Received 327 Likes on 152 Posts

yeah they trying to scary me.. i 110% sure that i have no overdrive car at any matter.. Lawyer will contact them again and we are going to the court if needed.. its almost winter, I have time

just to clear it, i didnt get car with second engine, it even didnt pass their test so they have ordered third..
Did you take photos of the car prior to giving it to them??...I wouldn't put it past a crooked dealership to swap your tires with some tires that were used at the track (by someone else on another car!) in an attempt to "back-up" their story. 1 thing for certain is that I would have my lawyer contact Corporate office in CZ and also send a letter to P-HQ Germany. Something fishy going on at this dealership...
Old 10-20-2020, 06:35 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by 4MIDABLE
Did you take photos of the car prior to giving it to them??...I wouldn't put it past a crooked dealership to swap your tires with some tires that were used at the track (by someone else on another car!) in an attempt to "back-up" their story. 1 thing for certain is that I would have my lawyer contact Corporate office in CZ and also send a letter to P-HQ Germany. Something fishy going on at this dealership...
I doubt they would go that far. That is blaten tampering with evident, which I'm sure has legal ramifications. I don't think dealers are THAT crooked, maybe a used car lot might be, but a manufacturer dealership, I doubt.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:49 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
you took the 2nd engine to the track and broke it ... while it was at the dealers and they never released to you ? Lol. Such bull****.

a letter like this shows one of two things, both bad faith. They either ****ed up the replacement engine and that’s why it didn’t work and Porsche is pissed with them. Now they want you to pay for their failure to do the engine swap correctly. Or they’ve decided the car is a lemon and they ran the numbers and decided a lawsuit is cheaper than honoring the warranty.

anyway. Time to get some professional legal advice. If you go the formal lawsuit route, subpoena all their communication with Porsche. I’ll wager there’s something hilarious in there.
No, what's he's saying is that they are not allowing him to lemon law the car and return it. I don't see anything about not honoring the warranty and giving him the car back with the second replacement in it.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:55 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
No, what's he's saying is that they are not allowing him to lemon law the car and return it. I don't see anything about not honoring the warranty and giving him the car back with the second replacement in it.
3rd engine

and sure whatever. This letter is bull**** and they are still 100% in bad faith. The gt4 has a Porsche approved maintenance schedule for the track and is 100% covered by the warranty, even if he did track it.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:29 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 931 Posts

Not sure where the OP is located, but in California, neither the dealer OR manufacture has a say on if he can try to lemon law it.

If you are serious about exercising the lemon law, bypass the dealer and manufacturer and go to a lemon law attorney. I have been down that road a couple times in my life, do not even bother dealing with a manufacturer directly.
911F1 (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 08:45 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

OP is in Czech Republic. They don't play by California rules ... to say the least
Old 10-20-2020, 09:58 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,723 Likes on 2,113 Posts

Hard to decipher if Porsche is disinclined to buy the car back or cease warranty work. Really two different discussions and legal ramifications arising out of locality.

If denying warranty...pretty sure their sitting on a mountain of Range 6 DME hits, or some other bonafides reason.

Either way, feel sorry for the OP and wish them the best.
AlexCeres (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 05:34 AM
Roarke
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

yeah thats true, i can get my car back immediately and forget about everything, but should I do it ?

ill explain all issues with thos car :

1. I have received car and drove only 200 meters, that some strange sound was coming at left rear wheel. I drove back and I get the car next day, they found out, that parking brake wasn't properly calibrated and it was hitting a wheel.
2. Next I found that left rear light, was off and even crapping body. (they fixed it)
3.issues with loose wing riser base (they fixed it)
4. Right door is rattling (not fixed yet)
4. Around 5.5K km engine start to developing crazy sound during acceleration

maybe this car is victim of factory shutdown ? It was delayed because of this and I guess it was on factory line during shutdown

Fixing engine was, how to say it, not so customer friendly. Took them 48 days, swapped two engines, rented me Skoda Rapid (most cheap vehicle ever) , a lot of excuses... And they didnt have anny issues with tires condition till I withdraw from contract..

so what you would do? Get the vehicle or just become upset and fight back ?

i even told than that I would buy new car immediately, even spend more money and get PDK version if it would be possible..

instead I have recieved letter, f*ck off, its your fault

Last edited by Roarke; 10-21-2020 at 05:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:45 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 303 Posts

It’s not acceptable - ask about a buy back and if no response time to get a lawyers letter going ...
Old 10-21-2020, 07:29 AM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Not even close. A car that has had an engine swap at the dealer is not the same as a factory new installation. Not a deal killer by any stretch, but an engine swap is still a ding on value and some buyers will simply avoid the car entirely.
Agreed! I would NOT consider this car. The fact that an issue still exists may very well be caused by the installation. Lets face it, how many engine swaps have these tech's performed previously? It would be very easy for them to eff it up.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:48 AM
Croc999
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

If you're not happy with local dealer - don't be afraid to contact Porsche in Germany and complaint.
This helps.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:37 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,249 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast

As for the engine, the first one is gone, the second didn't pass install so gone as well, assuming the 3rd is good it is like a new car with regards to the engine, factory fresh.
If I encountered the above situation...

Old 10-21-2020, 05:41 PM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 531 Likes on 317 Posts

Story continue :

received letter from dealers lawyer that i cannot return car, because its my fault that engine broke.. they said that I overused car and they think that I was on the track according tires condition

i never over rev or even never hit redline with this car
"Dealers lawyer" is not the group that you have an issue with. The manufacturer tried to replace the engine twice, they established a precedent that this was a mechanical failure of not 1, but 3 Porsche engines.
I hope your attorney is up to the task.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:24 PM
Roarke
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok, case closed, we have made agreement finally..

I had really good meeting with the dealer’s CEO and some other guys. They promised that third engine will be top and without any issues, also apologized for everything, etc.

So I took my car back, drove first hundreds km and so far so good..

Unfortunately cannot share details about deal...(signed nda)

Roarke

The following 4 users liked this post by Roarke:
2020Spyder (10-27-2020), Croc999 (10-28-2020), Denny Swift (10-27-2020), Mike Murphy (10-28-2020)

Quick Reply: First serious issue with GT4 :(