Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 12:57 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
My Arrow Blue GT4 dealer delivery date got pushed back to 3/26/2021.
When was it originally scheduled?
Old 12-15-2020, 01:56 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,990 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMD
When was it originally scheduled?
Late Jan 2021 delivery.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:57 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
When were you notified of this delay? Did Porsche say what the delay is due to?
I pinged my dealer to find out if the timing of my car yesterday since I got the allocation in Sept and he showed me a screenprint of the expected delivery date. He thinks the delay was due to the PTS color.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:49 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

We saw them lump colors together and move dates around with GT3 PTS production.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:04 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
We saw them lump colors together and move dates around with GT3 PTS production.
Yeah, I'm not in any hurry to get the car as I'm picking up a gentian blue GT4 on Jan 8th from PEC LA. I'll drive that one until the PTS car comes in.
The following users liked this post:
JPMD (12-15-2020)
Old 12-15-2020, 05:30 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Wow... that is a short list! Especially compared to the 9X1 list. Crazy!
It’s now 3 pages instead of two - but still quite short compared to past lists.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:27 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I just requested access to the spreadsheet. I don't think the PTS window as long as it was for the 991.2 GT3.
Old 12-15-2020, 11:16 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I just requested access to the spreadsheet. I don't think the PTS window as long as it was for the 991.2 GT3.
Sorry but I locked down the spreadsheets because when it was open in the beginning, someone deleted all of the data. Can take that chance again. Sorry since I've put in so much time and effort to maintain the data. If you have something you'd like to update, please post here and I can update or PM me. I hope you understand.
Old 12-15-2020, 11:59 PM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi all -- I am new to the forum and to Porsche. I'm in the midst of putting together a PTS order and wondering if anyone could help me out with the price of a few CXX options. I'm trying to gauge cost for (i) door pulls in a deviated color to match deviated stitching in orange; (ii) getting Porsche crests embroidered on headrests in lieu of the GT4 script; (iii) GT4 rear logo in PTS; and (iv) interior trim in PTS or, alternatively, a deviated color. I assume each of these will cost an arm and a leg, but then I see PTS headlamp washers cost less than finishing them in a body-matching standard color and it gets me wondering . . . . Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:02 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by CTDiesel
Hi all -- I am new to the forum and to Porsche. I'm in the midst of putting together a PTS order and wondering if anyone could help me out with the price of a few CXX options. I'm trying to gauge cost for (i) door pulls in a deviated color to match deviated stitching in orange; (ii) getting Porsche crests embroidered on headrests in lieu of the GT4 script; (iii) GT4 rear logo in PTS; and (iv) interior trim in PTS or, alternatively, a deviated color. I assume each of these will cost an arm and a leg, but then I see PTS headlamp washers cost less than finishing them in a body-matching standard color and it gets me wondering . . . . Thanks in advance for any help.
What I was quoted, what color are you going with?

1) door pulls: $1310
2) crests on seats: $8875 (this includes full customization)
3) GT4 Rear logo: $615

Old 12-16-2020, 09:19 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 619 Posts

CTDiesel - welcome! Are you aware there is a $3000 minimum for CXX options on top of the PTS cost. Obviously you’d exceed it with your list. In addition your dealer must give you a PTS allocation which are far fewer than non PTS allocations. Since you’re new I didn’t want to assume you understood this. I believe all dealers have at least one sales advisor who is certified in CXX and they should be able to tell you costs and also PTS colors available.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:27 AM
GusRandall
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
What I was quoted, what color are you going with?

1) door pulls: $1310
2) crests on seats: $8875 (this includes full customization)
3) GT4 Rear logo: $615
Are you sure you didn't typo the cost on the seat crests? I ordered them and definitely wouldn't have done so at $9k. My memory has the cost more like $900.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:41 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Door pulls in orange are a No-Go....they don't have a nylon strap material to match the stitching. Already being tried at my dealer for a 718 GT4 PTS Pastel Orange....any other color I was quoted around $1000 as long as it's on Porsche stock (read used on another model)...closest you wil get is Lava Orange from the GT3 RS 991.1 but it will be darker and more red.
The Porsche Crest on the seats will require full seat customization hence the big $$$$$
I also can confirm there's a minimum amount for CXX options....in my case it was 2000 EUR.

Last edited by jmartpr; 12-16-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:43 AM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks, skafia and needmoregarage! I appreciate the information, especially about the minimum for CXX options, of which I wasn't aware. I've been told I have a PTS slot for May production (it will delay my build by a month), and my order will lock in January. I'm thinking Oslo Blue.

The price for the crests on the headrests is just insane (unless there's a typo). For that price, I could be like the guy who put tvs in the back of the headrests of his Lotus and still have some coin left over!
Old 12-16-2020, 11:51 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Door pulls in orange are a No-Go....they don't have a nylon strap material to match the stitching. Already being tried at my dealer for a 718 GT4 PTS Pastel Orange....any other color I was quoted around $1000 as long as it's on Porsche stock (read used on another model)...closest you wil get is Lava Orange from the GT3 RS 991.1 but it will be darker and more red.
The Porsche Crest on the seats will require full seat customization hence the big $$$$$
I also can confirm there's a minimum amount for CXX options....in my case it was 2000 EUR.
Thanks, skafia and needmoregarage! I appreciate the information, especially about the minimum for CXX options, of which I wasn't aware. I've been told I have a PTS slot for May production (it will delay my build by a month), and my order will lock in January. I'm thinking Oslo Blue.

The price for the crests on the headrests is just insane (unless there's a typo). For that price, I could be like the guy who put tvs in the back of the headrests of his Lotus and still have some coin left over!
Congrats if you secured a PTS slot. I think you're the only person, that has reported at least here on the forums, of a May production so it seems PTS slots may still be available but I assume in VERY limited numbers.

As for the headrest, keep in mind that once you select this option, you're basically not just able to customize the headrest with the Porsche crest, you can customize the entire seat.

You should do a search in this forum for the CXX option threads for some ideas.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order