Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 04:45 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by mjw930
...backed out when he saw [it] so he forfeited it.
LOL, does this mean the SA and Exclusive departments failed when the customer doesn't like the final product?
Old 10-12-2020, 04:46 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Hi everybody. So it seems that someone last night deleted all of the data but luckily, I was able to retrieve it. Unfortunately, I'm going to make the data sheet uneditable as I don't want this to happen again so if you have any edits to make, please PM me or post it in this thread and I'll make the changes for you. I've also updated the link to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Oh that's too bad, but glad you got it back up. I like the new formatting, looks cleaner. My air vent frame in leather and slots in gloss black request was denied btw, can you update that, please?
Old 10-12-2020, 04:51 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
Oh that's too bad, but glad you got it back up. I like the new formatting, looks cleaner. My air vent frame in leather and slots in gloss black request was denied btw, can you update that, please?
Updated. So have you heard anymore on your build? I believe you previously mentioned that you got bumped to February. Are you confirmed for a Feb build or is it still floating? Do you know what your V status is?
Old 10-12-2020, 05:42 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Hi everybody. So it seems that someone last night deleted all of the data but luckily, I was able to retrieve it. Unfortunately, I'm going to make the data sheet uneditable as I don't want this to happen again so if you have any edits to make, please PM me or post it in this thread and I'll make the changes for you. I've also updated the link to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Halfmonkey, for your spreadsheet, I found something from PCNA that says V215 as my vehicle status but it was from back in July. I have no idea where to even look to see if it's changed. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:07 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Halfmonkey, for your spreadsheet, I found something from PCNA that says V215 as my vehicle status but it was from back in July. I have no idea where to even look to see if it's changed. Thanks.
I updated your V status to V215. To my knowledge, you're not able to find the current V status of your build anywhere except from your SA. You will need to contact your SA for an update. I would think with a November build, you're very close to going V250 full lock if not already. If all goes well for you, you'll be one of the first PTS deliveries at least according to my spreadsheet of contributors. Of course, I know there are others that aren't not the list. Looking forward to seeing a PTS picture thread soon.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:26 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Updated. So have you heard anymore on your build? I believe you previously mentioned that you got bumped to February. Are you confirmed for a Feb build or is it still floating? Do you know what your V status is?
I was told Feb build date and when I asked if this was for production or delivery I was told both (usually happens in the same month, save from a late Feb start). Also, a couple of weeks ago my status code changed from v215 to v110, and now it's back to v200 today, probably related to CXX.

Last edited by skafia; 10-12-2020 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Ironically after giving up all hope of getting a PTS allocation (its a long story) and relinquishing my 'Jan/'Feb allocation to go with another dealer in order to get a Miami Blue car, I hear today that my original allocation is now a confirmed PTS slot.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:53 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Ironically after giving up all hope of getting a PTS allocation (its a long story) and relinquishing my 'Jan/'Feb allocation to go with another dealer in order to get a Miami Blue car, I hear today that my original allocation is now a confirmed PTS slot.
That's awesome news! Care to give me your build details again so I can add you back to the list? Sounds like what happened to the GT3 crowd happened to you. Not 100% sure on the details but I believe there were a bunch of GT3 or GT3 RS or GT2 RS cars that got PTS and then were told by PAG that they didn't get PTS and then were later told that they actually did get PTS. So basically, you get PTS, they get PTS, everybody gets PTS.

On a side note, I remember you saying that because your SA messed up you were basically last in line for PTS. If you're getting PTS even after dropping off, it seems that again, everybody that wants PTS is getting PTS. Wondering if PAG somehow found some more PTS build slots in their production line or what changed for them to now be able to accommodate all PTS requests?

Last edited by halfmonkey; 10-12-2020 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

That's awesome news! Care to give me your build details again so I can add you back to the list? Sounds like what happened to the GT3 crowd happened to you. Not 100% sure on the details but I believe there were a bunch of GT3 or GT3 RS or GT2 RS cars that got PTS and then were told by PAG that they didn't get PTS and then were later told that they actually did get PTS. So basically, you get PTS, they get PTS, everybody gets PTS.
it is but I have decided to pass on the PTS car - primarily because I have ordered the other car, and now I dont want to back out of that and restart the whole PTS/CXX thing again ... not too mention that the sticker on the PTS/CXX car would be north of $140k ...
Old 10-12-2020, 08:00 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

it is but I have decided to pass on the PTS car - primarily because I have ordered the other car, and now I dont want to back out of that and restart the whole PTS/CXX thing again ... not too mention that the sticker on the PTS/CXX car would be north of $140k ...
I understand if you don't want to spend north of $140k. If you are willing to spend it though, couldn't you just ask your current SA to update the car to PTS with CXX options, unless of course you're already at V250?
Old 10-12-2020, 08:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I understand if you don't want to spend north of $140k. If you are willing to spend it though, couldn't you just ask your current SA to update the car to PTS with CXX options, unless of course you're already at V250?
different dealers and different allocations... and my currently "active" allocation is not on the PTS "list" as the original one is ... in short its not really "transferable" ... not too mention that the PTS build is 'Feb and my current build is Dec ...
Old 10-12-2020, 11:59 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

different dealers and different allocations... and my currently "active" allocation is not on the PTS "list" as the original one is ... in short its not really "transferable" ... not too mention that the PTS build is 'Feb and my current build is Dec ...
It would be difficult for me to go back to the dealership after what they did to you. At the end of the day, as long as you're happy (and you get the car much sooner).
Old 10-13-2020, 04:21 PM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

Can’t wait to see the Oslo Blue with red interior Spyder! My aunt and uncle have an Oslo Blue 356 that they are restoring and it is gorgeous.

Ron
The following users liked this post:
JPMD (10-13-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 08:35 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Has anyone tried ordering 'vehicle keys painted' option? With Custom Color chosen, this option makes you to choose non-custom color. I understand it would be easier for them from inventory management. But, at least they could offer some other standard color for the keys with Custom Color.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the_rider
Has anyone tried ordering 'vehicle keys painted' option? With Custom Color chosen, this option makes you to choose non-custom color. I understand it would be easier for them from inventory management. But, at least they could offer some other standard color for the keys with Custom Color.
you need to request a CXX for PTS keys ... CXX Project #630 $775 pending vendor approval

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order