Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 08:49 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

I just got off the phone with my SA and my car went back to v110, any ideas for this?
Old 10-01-2020, 08:54 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,647 Likes on 2,075 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
I just got off the phone with my SA and my car went back to v110, any ideas for this?
What did your dealer say; seems that would be more relevant than RL comment.

What’s V110 anyway?
Old 10-01-2020, 10:27 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy

What’s V110 anyway?
When I originally put in my Miami Blue order with personalized door sill, it went straight to "V110 - IMP Text handling required." My SA wasn't exactly sure what this meant but said that it basically meant something has to be verified with PAG. Could have been if Miami Blue was still going to be in production at the time that I placed the order. It was early July btw so people didn't know for certain when the cut off date was for Miami Blue. He said it could have also been the review of the personalized door sill or it could be a combination of both or it may have been another option that was on the chopping block like how the dashboard in deviated stitching went away as well as the little door panels in leather/alcantara were going away as well. Bottom line, I think it means that further review is required from PAG.

I noticed your build is very CXX heavy and so maybe it's to review the CXX options for feasibility. That would only be my guess. Maybe something was available when you originally put in the order to now become unavailable.

It's really hard to say as it's all shrouded in secrecy. I wish it was more transparent but that's the way of PAG. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:21 AM
GT4MF
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

The following users liked this post:
3AE_GTS (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 01:44 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXshaggy

What’s V110 anyway?
The SA says he didn’t know what this code was and couldn’t provide me with any more details.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:16 AM
3AE_GTS
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm hoping to take delivery around July-Aug of next year. Have a very solid relationship with a local dealer close to me, and have been assured (if PTS is available at that time......April build) an allocation. Currently have a Macan GTS on order with them as well, to replace my '17 Macan S. The CGTS 4.0 will be my weekend/date night car.

Let's go!!!!

Porsche Code
Old 10-02-2020, 02:20 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3AE_GTS
I'm hoping to take delivery around July-Aug of next year. Have a very solid relationship with a local dealer close to me, and have been assured (if PTS is available at that time......April build) an allocation. Currently have a Macan GTS on order with them as well, to replace my '17 Macan S. The CGTS 4.0 will be my weekend/date night car.

Let's go!!!!

Porsche Code
What color are you going with?
Old 10-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Mimosa
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for a few years and finally decided to create an account. About 2 months ago I went to a Porsche dealership here in North Carolina and was able to jump on a waitlist for the 718 GT4 RS allocations. I'm number 2 on that list, so I was VERY excited. But soon, my excitement dwindled after talking to people around the area and online. I found out the waitlist isn't a guarantee. I kind of already knew that since there really isn't anything legally binding the to grant you an allocation. This is also the first Porsche will have ever purchased. From what I understand they grant allocations to loyal customers which is completely understandable to me. I just wanted to know if people have ever been in a similar situation as myself and what their outcome was. I don't want to sit here for another year thinking I'll be ready to build on just to have my hopes dashed. This car for me is going to be something special. I've never purchased a brand new car and I've never had the chance to ever option one out. Also, being pretty close to VIR, I'd finally have something that I could really enjoy on a track.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can give me some clarity and guidance on the situation.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:43 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

I was cold-called by an SA who was following me on Instagram trying to sell me a 911. I told him I’d only be interested in a PTS GT4 or PTS 992 GT3 car and said he would put me on the list. I think 8 months later he called and said I got an allocation and here I am building my new Porsche! I didn’t even give this car a second thought during the 8 months, I think that’s how you have to go about it. Keep your expectations low.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:04 PM
GT325
Pro

Received 194 Likes on 109 Posts

The SA says he didn’t know what this code was and couldn’t provide me with any more details.
From my notes probably from somewhere on Rennlist......can not provide reference. My gt3 was in v100 not v110 for a long time while waiting for PTS approval. In your case likely related to CXX or other options that have configurator customization options that require text handling.

"it triggers the car to v110 status, otherwise known as "text handling required." PAG will confirm the note which has been written is viable, and copy that message on their end. When the message has been copied, the car will go back to v200."
Old 10-02-2020, 01:05 PM
GT325
Pro

Received 194 Likes on 109 Posts

His handle is a dead give away....great color.
The following users liked this post:
3AE_GTS (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 01:39 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,463 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Mimosa
Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for a few years and finally decided to create an account. About 2 months ago I went to a Porsche dealership here in North Carolina and was able to jump on a waitlist for the 718 GT4 RS allocations. I'm number 2 on that list, so I was VERY excited. But soon, my excitement dwindled after talking to people around the area and online. I found out the waitlist isn't a guarantee. I kind of already knew that since there really isn't anything legally binding the to grant you an allocation. This is also the first Porsche will have ever purchased. From what I understand they grant allocations to loyal customers which is completely understandable to me. I just wanted to know if people have ever been in a similar situation as myself and what their outcome was. I don't want to sit here for another year thinking I'll be ready to build on just to have my hopes dashed. This car for me is going to be something special. I've never purchased a brand new car and I've never had the chance to ever option one out. Also, being pretty close to VIR, I'd finally have something that I could really enjoy on a track.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can give me some clarity and guidance on the situation.
If you've never purchased a Porsche before or have a decent relationship with the dealer, you basically need to win a lottery to get an RS allocation, especially an early one if demand becomes crazy. Be ready to pay an ADM on the car and not MSRP potentially as well.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:43 PM
3AE_GTS
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 10-02-2020, 04:09 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT325
His handle is a dead give away....great color.
I have no idea what his handle represents, color wise. I also don’t know what color that is pictured other than purple. Sorry, new to these parts.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,342 Posts

I have no idea what his handle represents, color wise. I also don’t know what color that is pictured other than purple. Sorry, new to these parts.
viola metallic ... 3AE paint code.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order