Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 11:06 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,646 Likes on 2,074 Posts

Originally Posted by PTSGT3
Gentian with Cognac leather. Not mine but was available (I think it's gone now) at Porsche Fairfield. Pics from their IG. Very special combo imo. I'd pass on the Cognac steering column though

I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw those pics, so understandable whoever ordered running away as fast as possible. Even if seats only ....vomit.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:15 AM
scottpez13
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw those pics, so understandable whoever ordered running away as fast as possible. Even if seats only ....vomit.
Even the SA didn't like the spec HOWEVER apparently it did sell after all, so to each his own.....that steering wheel column...lol...lol..
The following users liked this post:
CDACH (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 11:46 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,654 Likes on 2,711 Posts

Yeah, that's not ever going to be sitting in my driveway! They must have been scratching their heads as it went down the assembly line...

Depending on the finish applied to the leather, get the car for a great deal nd have the leather bits dyed another colour? It wouldn't be that hard.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:02 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Yeah, that's not ever going to be sitting in my driveway! They must have been scratching their heads as it went down the assembly line...

Depending on the finish applied to the leather, get the car for a great deal nd have the leather bits dyed another colour? It wouldn't be that hard.

I think the assembly line and Porsche Exclusive need to read the build sheet better. I know first hand that this car was ordered with only the CXX seats and nothing else. The build sheet shows black steering column casing in leather with deviated cognac stitching to match the rest of the interior. Same applies with door sill. Additionally, CGT was supposed to have cognac stitching, and the owner was notified in advance that there was a chance that there was an issue that they missed the cognac stitching, and produced it with black stitching. A LOT OF PAG errors on this one car alone, not PCNA...
Old 02-16-2021, 06:50 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Cognac seats with cognac cabin stitching, silver wheels, and Gentian exterior would have actually looked really classy. Beauty is subjective but perhaps "vomit" is a tad strong. The cognac steering column, race-tex wheel (whole cabin should have been leather. no race-tex), cognac door-sill, and the wrinkled leather on the seats ruined the car.

Last edited by hf1; 02-16-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:46 PM
scottpez13
Advanced

So if this was Porsche's mistake how do they rectify it? do they offer another allocation I hope? What does Porsche do for the dealer? The car is gone does that mean it was sold or is it being modified I wonder?
Old 02-16-2021, 09:13 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,646 Likes on 2,074 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Cognac seats with cognac cabin stitching, silver wheels, and Gentian exterior would have actually looked really classy. Beauty is subjective but perhaps "vomit" is a tad strong. The cognac steering column, race-tex wheel (whole cabin should have been leather. no race-tex), cognac door-sill, and the wrinkled leather on the seats ruined the car.
Lol...don’t be so pedantic. I say vomit and you say ruined; sounds like we are in agreement.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:57 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe you guys can help shed some light on the pricing of a new 718 Spyder.
Are dealers selling at MSRP . . . over MSRP . . . or are some getting a bit of a discount?
Sorry if I missed this and it was already posted.
TIA
Old 02-16-2021, 10:27 PM
scottpez13
Advanced

Originally Posted by George3
Maybe you guys can help shed some light on the pricing of a new 718 Spyder.
Are dealers selling at MSRP . . . over MSRP . . . or are some getting a bit of a discount?
Sorry if I missed this and it was already posted.
TIA
It varies by dealer to be honest, is it on the lot or ordered to spec. i was quoted mostly msrp, somed asked msrp plus additionals (ppf, wheel protection etc.) all in my experience most dealers are at msrp for a Spyder however GT4's seem to have a little flexibility and will sell below.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:09 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by scottpez13
So if this was Porsche's mistake how do they rectify it? do they offer another allocation I hope? What does Porsche do for the dealer? The car is gone does that mean it was sold or is it being modified I wonder?
The parts will be replaced under warranty. Unfortunately, it can take up to 8 months for the replacement parts to arrive. IMO, that’s unacceptable and complete bs. PAG should expedite this.

Another person bought the car 2 days ago, and that person will be able to get the replacement parts if they decide to do so.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:18 AM
Calsoldier
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Only 350 miles still, can’t wait to open her up more

​​​​​​​

Last edited by Calsoldier; 02-17-2021 at 02:50 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Calsoldier:
-Methanol- (02-17-2021), 4MIDABLE (02-17-2021), AlexCeres (02-17-2021), rjag2034 (02-17-2021), UncleDude (02-17-2021)
Old 02-17-2021, 09:57 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scottpez13
It varies by dealer to be honest, is it on the lot or ordered to spec. i was quoted mostly msrp, somed asked msrp plus additionals (ppf, wheel protection etc.) all in my experience most dealers are at msrp for a Spyder however GT4's seem to have a little flexibility and will sell below.
Thanks for the info. The ones that are on the lot... Spyders and GT4's ... generally are not spec'd out the way you want and you have to make some compromises.
How long is a build on a factory order? Provided the dealer has an allocation.
Old 02-17-2021, 10:34 AM
scottpez13
Advanced

Originally Posted by George3
Thanks for the info. The ones that are on the lot... Spyders and GT4's ... generally are not spec'd out the way you want and you have to make some compromises.
How long is a build on a factory order? Provided the dealer has an allocation.
Ahhh that is the million dollar question and issue. I have spent ALOT of time since December 1st acquiring an allocation. I have met with and spoken to dealers all over the country including many in the top 10 in size and allocation. There are currently Zero allocations available AND there is no timeline for possible allocations. I have multiple dealers with my name on a waiting list along with deposits down. My dealers who i have a good relationship with has told me that they are "hopeful" for more allocations Q2 so April. He said 3-6 months after i receive an allocation is a best worst case scenario. If you want a GT4 you will have better luck finding a good build on a lot as there is decent inventory currently. Spyders no so much.

If you are serious or even thinking about getting an allocation start calling around as soon as possible. Where are you located?
Old 02-17-2021, 10:40 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

The dealer I gave a deposit to for their next allocation told me he expects an allocation in March so we'll see if that really happens; however, there may not be enough time for PTS so my build may have to wait for the 2022 model year. I still have my Targa GTS so if that happens I will be fine!
Old 02-17-2021, 10:52 AM
scottpez13
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
The dealer I gave a deposit to for their next allocation told me he expects an allocation in March so we'll see if that really happens; however, there may not be enough time for PTS so my build may have to wait for the 2022 model year. I still have my Targa GTS so if that happens I will be fine!
...and of course anyone that is an existing customer will have a better shot than a new customer or a non local dealer. Allocations are stingy. One of our local dealers asked for $5k over MSRP "if" they get an allocation. My dealer wanted $5-10k in "extra's". They play the supply demand thing well....I have already heard of $50k ADM's for the new GT3...

Quick Reply: The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread