Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 12:30 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
I hadn't really considered the painted interior trim but this looks amazing! Did you get the extended deviated stitching, or is that the "standard" deviated?
That to me looks more like extended deviated since it's on the door, but I could be wrong. I also went with interior trim painted in exterior color. I also did the painted climate control to carry the color up to the PCM. It's on a boat currently, but I'm hoping to pick it up in a few weeks. I think I'm already starting to lose sleep. I love my wife...but I don't know if I was even this excited for our wedding
Old 09-27-2021, 03:21 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
That to me looks more like extended deviated since it's on the door, but I could be wrong. I also went with interior trim painted in exterior color. I also did the painted climate control to carry the color up to the PCM. It's on a boat currently, but I'm hoping to pick it up in a few weeks. I think I'm already starting to lose sleep. I love my wife...but I don't know if I was even this excited for our wedding
That is usually how it comes when you select deviated stitching. There are additional deviated stitching parts that you can option such as extended dash which is basically the part right under the front windshield, the inner door sills, and the steering column are the most frequently discussed options for additional stitching.

Please share pictures of your painted climate controls. I started a thread on that as I don't think I've actually seen anybody select this option so would like to see some pictures.

I definitely was wired up on the last few days until I took delivery and the night before, didn't get any sleep. I waited my whole life for a car like this. I know many people have had many Porsches and many GT Porsches at that but this was our first Porsche and first built to order car so it was a milestone for us.

Funny on the wedding comment!
Old 09-27-2021, 06:50 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
That is usually how it comes when you select deviated stitching. There are additional deviated stitching parts that you can option such as extended dash which is basically the part right under the front windshield, the inner door sills, and the steering column are the most frequently discussed options for additional stitching.

Please share pictures of your painted climate controls. I started a thread on that as I don't think I've actually seen anybody select this option so would like to see some pictures.

I definitely was wired up on the last few days until I took delivery and the night before, didn't get any sleep. I waited my whole life for a car like this. I know many people have had many Porsches and many GT Porsches at that but this was our first Porsche and first built to order car so it was a milestone for us.

Funny on the wedding comment!
I remember seeing in the configurator all the possible options. I LOVED the Speed Blue stitching that someone posted recently, I think that was in the Shark Blue thread (sorry, I didn't mean for that to possibly be a pun...but it worked well).

I scrolled to find the picture. Here ya go @halfmonkey
The best part about the wedding was it was a destination wedding in Mexico, so low stress, tons of great fun. Cesar is one of the famous bartenders down there actually made me a couple drinks right before heading down the aisle since I was pretty nervous.

Last edited by Alpha Ice; 09-27-2021 at 06:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
halfmonkey (10-10-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 10:21 PM
Elijaih
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
I hadn't really considered the painted interior trim but this looks amazing! Did you get the extended deviated stitching, or is that the "standard" deviated?
I saw another thread where they had order painted trim and I was sold! I had Carbon Fiber, but I'm so glad I switched, Gentian Blue painted interior is amazing!

Here is my order from my window sticker. I know things have changed for the ordering process. It is all silver stitching and silver grey seat belts.

nobbyv (09-29-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 12:15 AM
GT4Lover
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn Hong
Where did you get the Clubsport wing? Thing looks absolutely incredible!!
Elijaih (09-29-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 03:00 AM
Hppd
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

My Gentian Blue Spyder build locks in a couple of weeks and I’d love folks’ critique! http://www.porsche-code.com/PNHXF6P2
Old 09-29-2021, 04:40 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by Hppd
My Gentian Blue Spyder build locks in a couple of weeks and I’d love folks’ critique! http://www.porsche-code.com/PNHXF6P2
It will look great and follow your heart. Since you asked for opinions... I love the blue with gold wheels look and I've seen it in person with both black painted calipers and red. Looks great either way imho but I have a slight preference for black in this case. Personally I would go with Shark Blue if I was ordering a 2022 but mostly because Gentian Blue is one of the most common colors and I like non-metallic colors. Gentian is popular for a reason...looks great. I skipped the painted safety bars because I wanted the humps on the back to stand out more and like the hoops disappearing a bit in black. The car is small enough that I didn't care about folding mirrors. I skipped the 18 ways and went with the lighter 2-ways. I find them just as comfy personally and easier to use. Painted interior trim and the red stitching/belts keeps the interior exciting...maybe too exciting? I went boring Silver and CF so don't listen to me
Old 09-29-2021, 04:56 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Hppd

Good build. All a matter of taste.

I definitely don't like the painted safety bars. It takes away from the sleek and curvy design and draws your eyes to the bars. I want the bars to disappear as mentioned previously.

I would recommend the same as above and ditch the folding mirrors and auto dimming/windshield wipers. I would add the steering column in leather. For me a more timeless, silver and black interior is my liking but I do like the superman theme.

I also really like the gold wheels with Gentian Blue.
Jeff Jones (09-29-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 06:57 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 692 Posts

Since I made the terrible faux pas of recommending Shark Blue in a Gentian thread, I feel obligated to post some photos to make up for it. There were two beautiful Gentian blue Spyders at a recent PCA Concours event I attended and one had the gold wheels with black calipers. Stunning. It also had yellow interior stitching and the other blue car had red. Both looked great.

Loved this combo. Gentian/gold with the black calipers.

This has yellow accents inside which looked great.

Talking Spyders...what else are you going to do.

Another Gentian with silver wheels and PCCBs

This one had red accents which looked equally good. No, nobody said, "hey your interior doesn't match your calipers", they just said "wow"
The following 2 users liked this post by Jeff Jones:
BA73 (09-30-2021), MaddMike (01-15-2022)
Old 10-04-2021, 10:49 AM
Sayemthree
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Just picked mine up
The following 2 users liked this post by Sayemthree:
kj71109 (10-04-2021), nobbyv (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 01:00 PM
Tigers10
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Sayemthree
Just picked mine up
Lighting in that first picture is awesome!

I think I will get some black track wheels to complement my platinum stock wheels.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:12 PM
Sayemthree
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Tigers10
Lighting in that first picture is awesome!

I think I will get some black track wheels to complement my platinum stock wheels.
I pick this up pre-owned… I’m happy with the satin black wheels but I would have gone with platinum if I had ordered
Old 10-09-2021, 05:05 PM
r2thek
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a beautiful color--in this picture. Rich blue. Almost like Saphire. But sometimes, GBM looks close to blue/purple--like earlier in this thread. Crazy.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:23 PM
TTFLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 57 Posts

Matte Black Porsche Script

The following 4 users liked this post by TTFLT6:
kj71109 (10-11-2021), l30thelion (11-29-2022), Sayemthree (10-10-2021), Tigers10 (10-11-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 07:21 PM
planolemans
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

After a 13 month wait, my gt4 is at the dealership. Stopped by today and did the paperwork, now she is all mine. Here is a picture at the show room. It is waiting for clear marker before I bring her home.

Last edited by planolemans; 10-14-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Jeff Jones (10-14-2021)

Quick Reply: The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread