Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Urgent Request - Build Advice/=

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 03:31 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,637 Likes on 2,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Illusive991
Here's a cheaper alternative that looks OEM: https://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/...s/1151G42-0001

Can also get it in alcantara for the same price as Suncoast: https://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/...s/1621G42-0001

Don't think I've seen a CF alcantara shift **** outside of the link above.
I really like the black Alcantara CF **** with colour matched stitching and shift gate graphic... I wonder if they can do Racing Yellow?

Damn, another mod to think about before the car has even been delivered!
Old 05-13-2020, 03:37 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I really like the black Alcantara CF **** with colour matched stitching and shift gate graphic... I wonder if they can do Racing Yellow?

Damn, another mod to think about before the car has even been delivered!
Already on it; emailed these guys to see what they can do on colours. I have the white gauges so I'm hopeful they can have the shift pattern in white like the leather one but yellow stitching on the boot. Will let you know what they say when I hear back.
The following users liked this post:
Westcoast (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 05:40 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Flacht6MT
Agree, CF trim in the Porsche is pretty quality and doesn't look flat and uber fake plastickity. Thought anthracite is nice, but found it boring in the cabin when I was in a GT4 recently.

That is the reason I didn’t end up getting it. I have an Audi S5 for daily driving with CF trim and don’t really likely -As you pointed out I find it a bit flat and fake and that is why I opted for the leather.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:36 PM
harperb
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm looking at getting the anthracite brushed aluminum for the interior, but wondering if you can get the door sills in in brushed aluminum also? Configurator doesn't say anything if they will match it. If not, would it be better to skip, or go for leather / carbon fiber?

Anyone get leather and have a photo of it? Configurator doesn't have one. Assume that wouldn't wear very well.

Also there is no way to customize the shift lever material also, to make it anthracite?
Old 06-28-2020, 04:39 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I just found out that my freeze date got pulled in by a month and I need to finalize my build. I currently specc'd carbon fiber interior, but I'm waffling between anthracite. Anyone have good pictures of either?

Also, anyone have a picture of black PCCB calipers on platinum wheels?
The carbon fiber interior looks great, I have it on my 981 GT4 and will be getting it on my 718 GT4. Can't comment on the wheels as I'm getting black with red calipers.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:31 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by harperb
I'm looking at getting the anthracite brushed aluminum for the interior, but wondering if you can get the door sills in in brushed aluminum also? Configurator doesn't say anything if they will match it. If not, would it be better to skip, or go for leather / carbon fiber?

Anyone get leather and have a photo of it? Configurator doesn't have one. Assume that wouldn't wear very well.

Also there is no way to customize the shift lever material also, to make it anthracite?
I should have my GB Spyder this week. I specced the leather and will get some shots for you - remind me with a pm. If I had a do over, I would spec carbon fibre and then order carbon fibre shifter and a few other pieces.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:28 AM
s2kspyder
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't get carbon fibre

1) The cf weave is way different than the seats, looks almost fake IMO
2) The glossy plastic surface looks really bad with Alcantara. I think it looks much better with leather like on the seats. The aluminum is way more classy looking.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:02 AM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by s2kspyder
Don't get carbon fibre

1) The cf weave is way different than the seats, looks almost fake IMO
2) The glossy plastic surface looks really bad with Alcantara. I think it looks much better with leather like on the seats. The aluminum is way more classy looking.
So the leather was a good decision then
Old 06-29-2020, 09:11 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ISPYA718
I should have my GB Spyder this week. I specced the leather and will get some shots for you - remind me with a pm. If I had a do over, I would spec carbon fibre and then order carbon fibre shifter and a few other pieces.
This was my plan as well, the CF shifter from DB Carbon looks awesome!
Old 06-30-2020, 11:11 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 543 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
This was my plan as well, the CF shifter from DB Carbon looks awesome!
I ordered the alacantara and carbon shift **** with white numbers (to match dials and exterior) and red stitching from DB Carbon, also asked for the GT4 logo on the alacantara cover to be in carbon also, should get delivery in August.

By the way, the email response from the company is excellent, they responded to my requests quickly.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:48 AM
HawkerDriver
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ISPYA718

did you receive your spyder?
im trying to decide leather interior trim or doing the brushed aluminum 👌
ordering LWBS with full leather and rodium silver stichting
Old 07-01-2020, 10:05 AM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Sorry unfortunately it’s a national holiday today -rare it falls in the middle of the week - so I don’t expect it to arrive at dealership until tomorrow- hoping to have keys by weekend.
HawkerDriver (07-04-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 12:02 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkerDriver
did you receive your spyder?
im trying to decide leather interior trim or doing the brushed aluminum 👌
ordering LWBS with full leather and rodium silver stichting
There is an early YouTube review out there that shows the leather trim pretty well. I was originally considering it until I saw that review and some other pics. It just looked dull and dark, too much of the same tone in the interior.

Here you go. Pretty sure this is leather.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:33 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

There is an early YouTube review out there that shows the leather trim pretty well. I was originally considering it until I saw that review and some other pics. It just looked dull and dark, too much of the same tone in the interior.

https://youtu.be/2Gt_LrlQsAU
The leather trim essentially dissapears into the rest of the dash and doors, if that is your goal, mission accomplished.

Although I had seen this video review before it was a good replay, I will reserve judgment on the exhaust until I drive my own Spyder, but this one sounded very quiet...
Old 07-01-2020, 01:39 PM
HawkerDriver
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

https://youtu.be/2Gt_LrlQsAU

i appreciate the video!
hard to tell as it could be the Black Brushed Alumnium as well.
Either way, I think CF or the normal brushed aluminium trim would look better and provide some contrast in the cabin.

Quick Reply: Urgent Request - Build Advice/=