Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Time to renegotiate?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 02:24 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

We have been back and forth. Negotiations have been amicable and professional. Nothing finalized, but i must say Porsche have been great in the process.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Again, I don't know where you guys live, or where the OP does, but in many (maybe even most) States in the U.S. the placing of the deposit is not a binding contract. The deal only becomes binding at the time the papers are signed at delivery. So it's possible, likely even, there is no 'signed contract' in this case.

Either way, this is totally personal to the OP. I always wonder why people ask for advice on this stuff. Personally, I would not be renegotiating terms, I'd simply decide whether I want it or not and move on from there. But that's just me. He should do whatever he feels is right for him.
+1 ... the demand for these cars is such that if the OP passes - it will sell to another IMO ...
Old 06-06-2020, 04:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ISPYA718
We have been back and forth. Negotiations have been amicable and professional. Nothing finalized, but i must say Porsche have been great in the process.
lets be clear its the dealer and not PCNA that you are negotiating with... right?
Old 06-06-2020, 04:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

European Delivery - scheduled for May was postponed by Porsche and then finally cancelled because of CV. Car then rerouted to Dealership. It is supposed to arrive at end of month.
thats very unfortunate that you missed doing ED - its well worth it - but once the production is scheduled, the ED dates are pretty much locked in so there is little choice but to ship the car ... they only have a certain amount of
storage for the cars once they roll off the line ...

bet you are excited to see the car when its gets there!
Old 06-06-2020, 06:59 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
thats very unfortunate that you missed doing ED - its well worth it - but once the production is scheduled, the ED dates are pretty much locked in so there is little choice but to ship the car ... they only have a certain amount of
storage for the cars once they roll off the line ...

bet you are excited to see the car when its gets there!
Thanks very much - I am excited- it’s been a long process I have had a deposit for over 3 years. Nearly caved and bought a 2015 V10 Audi R8 manual Spyder in the meantime- last of the mid-engine manual NASP Spyders. And the uniqueness of a V10. But I think the Porsche Spyder will be drivers car I’m seeking to replace the Ferrari 360 gated manual Spyder. And again Porsche have been great throughout the process. 👍
Old 07-22-2020, 03:10 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Thanks very much - I am excited- it’s been a long process I have had a deposit for over 3 years. Nearly caved and bought a 2015 V10 Audi R8 manual Spyder in the meantime- last of the mid-engine manual NASP Spyders. And the uniqueness of a V10. But I think the Porsche Spyder will be drivers car I’m seeking to replace the Ferrari 360 gated manual Spyder. And again Porsche have been great throughout the process. 👍
Just looking at this thread now. Interesting proposition. What was the outcome?

From the beginning, it looks like you got a good deal with MSRP pre-COVID full shutdown. I saw you originally posted your question on 3/11 and the world pretty much came to a screeching halt on I believe it was 3/18 so you did well from the beginning. Sounds like you're looking for below msrp at this point. What was the outcome?

From my perspective, I guess it never hurts to ask but it's also how you ask or if you're demanding it. I don't know if I would do it though especially if my SA was able to help me get the car exactly the way I want it and has gone above and beyond compared to some of the horror stories I'm hearing on this forum from other members.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:25 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 764 Likes on 379 Posts

Has anyone successfully negotiated a discount?
Old 07-22-2020, 04:56 PM
py0413
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts

I would ask them to take those BS dealer added fees off from the total. Not sure where you are in Canada but here in BC, I’ve seen too much of those nonsense dealer fees. Freight & PDI, no problem; but I won’t be paying those others. Just to name a few, special dealer prep - $500, detailing - $1200, floor mats - $500, wheel locks - $300, gt series doc fee $1000, fuel&cleaning - $350. IMO those are just completely ridiculous.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:12 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 240 Posts

Its like True Coat, you gotta pay... my all time favorite car dealer negotiation scene.

The following 2 users liked this post by matttheboatman:
911F1 (07-22-2020), HawkerDriver (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 08:10 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,377 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Its like True Coat, you gotta pay... my all time favorite car dealer negotiation scene.

https://youtu.be/B2LLB9CGfLs
Interesting when you get a salesman in one profession knocking salesman in another profession. Is there really a difference between them?
Old 07-23-2020, 05:00 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Interesting when you get a salesman in one profession knocking salesman in another profession. Is there really a difference between them?
ExMB, you are always pokin'. Yes, I am a proud sales person. In fact my business card says I am a "Certified Professional Yacht Broker", as apposed to the the Non-Certified Professional ones, or perhaps even the Certified Non-Professional ones. It also says I am a Captain, a Surveyor, and Appraiser. And, I'm still not done learning so i can best serve my clients. Nevertheless, I can assure you that I have never sold TruCoat to anyone! The depicted stereotypical car sale situation the director of Fargo shows is so sleezy that is both disturbing (like the rest of the movie) and oddly entertaining (like the rest of the movie). The post was not knocking any sales profession. I was just sharing a little levity to make everyone smile. Including you ExMB.

Quick Reply: Time to renegotiate?