Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GTS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 08:13 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Would Spyder wheels fit on a Boxster GTS 4.0?
This never got answered. The answer is likely yes but would be nice if someone could confirm it by actually mounting the Spyder wheels on a GTS. There’s a chance that the different GTS suspension bits may obstruct the wheel. Are the offsets at least the same?
Old 08-18-2020, 10:12 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by wcprice
I had a 2016 M-3 that was really crashy on anything other than the smoothest roads. I found it really detracted from the experience of the car. I don’t want a repeat on my GTS, which is why I’m looking at the posts about the difference between the 20mm and the 10mm PASM options so closely. Really appreciate the real-world analyses of the drivers on here to help me make my choice.
Even a GT3 or GT4 are daily drivable. Stick with the -20mm, you will be pleased with ride comfort.
The following users liked this post:
sonicworld (08-18-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 11:52 AM
Csquared-
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by VVG
Agree. When I bought my previous 981 Cayman GTS in 2015, I owned a nicely spec'd e92 M3. I was afraid that I would miss it, but Porsche is simply in a different league from even BMW-M, Merc-AMG, Audi-RS. For the enthusiast driver, Porsche's ability to engineer the perfect balance between pure sport, and real world driving needs is simply uncanny.

In coming from your 2015 M4.......I have only ever owned three forced induction cars in my life (personally, not including my wife's cars). I had a 2000 Audi S4, which ended getting highly modified, a 2014 Audi S6 (APR tune), and my current Macan GTS (Cobb tune). NA motors have a very different feel, and you do not get that swell of midrange torque that turbos will provide. However, I have always enjoyed a precision driving experience more than just boost. When driving hard, there is a better sense of predictability with a NA car than a forced induction vehicle. There is more of a wired-to-your-nervous system feel to the motor, and, in the case of Porsche, most everything else. The other thing with big-power forced induction cars, is that they need AWD to prevent the stability and traction systems from intervening all the time. It is simply the nature of the big, early torque curve that overwhelms RWD, in a front-engine RWD configuration. Even my e92 M3 which had a NA V8, the traction/stability would be kicking in a lot.

Porsche, there is no substitute. Really.
Very well said. Looking forward to returning to the NA world. Had the F82 M at 500whp, but quickly realized it wasn’t power that I was craving...
Old 08-18-2020, 12:16 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
This never got answered. The answer is likely yes but would be nice if someone could confirm it by actually mounting the Spyder wheels on a GTS. There’s a chance that the different GTS suspension bits may obstruct the wheel. Are the offsets at least the same?
I too would like an answer to this question. I love the Spyder wheels and if I choose a Boxster GTS over a Spyder, I would still like to buy Spyder wheels for the Boxster GTS
Old 08-18-2020, 12:22 PM
Haros
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I too would like an answer to this question. I love the Spyder wheels and if I choose a Boxster GTS over a Spyder, I would still like to buy Spyder wheels for the Boxster GTS
another post already did the math and the 11” wheels will hit the GTS strut or come uncomfortably close. The unique rose joint suspension accommodates wider wheels.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:29 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Originally Posted by Drifting
The difference in suspension is a major factor, if the GTS suspension is similar to my 2016 GTS then the lower spring plate on the GTS will be in the way, the Spyder/GT4 has inverted dampers and narrower wounds springs and with this the OEM wheel edge on these cars is still only about 4-5mm out from touching!

I do believe that the offsets may be different as the wheel widths are as well, this would be definitely a case of physically checking the wheels on the car for clearance!

Old 08-18-2020, 12:33 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Maybe someone in Europe where they already started GTS 4.0 deliveries could ask a dealer or a shop to try a quick wheel swap test.
Old 12-19-2020, 02:21 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,488 Likes on 828 Posts

Maybe there will be further comments hopefully especially from owners with the Newly Released 7-Speed PDK GT4's.

Terry
Old 12-20-2020, 10:16 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Haros
another post already did the math and the 11” wheels will hit the GTS strut or come uncomfortably close. The unique rose joint suspension accommodates wider wheels.
thank you
Old 01-01-2021, 11:57 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,461 Likes on 2,236 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
I just... I can't even....
I actually had to check your previous posts to see if this is normal... it's not. But, I really don't care lol
Just flipping through this thread and this exchange / series of posts made me chuckle.

Quick Reply: 718 GTS 4.0