Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

who is doing european delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019 | 01:56 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JAhmed
Planning on doing PECLA myself. Will save Euro Delivery for the 992 GT3 😁
it would be a great way to quickly break in the car for me.
Old 12-31-2019 | 02:48 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
it would be a great way to quickly break in the car for me.
PECLA delivery you don't drive your car on the course. I think the best place to break in a car is on the track. Actually its way safer then running in the brakes and drivetrain on a public road.
Old 12-31-2019 | 02:49 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
Planning a 2 week trip with my GT4 around same time. As with my RS, plans include break in runs in the Alps then off to some tracks. Perhaps we could meet up!
Thats great! PM me and we can share possible itineraries. I'm arranging a private track day at Monza now.

Old 12-31-2019 | 09:30 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carrering
PECLA delivery you don't drive your car on the course. I think the best place to break in a car is on the track. Actually its way safer then running in the brakes and drivetrain on a public road.
I'd be taking it relatively easy as to break her in gradually. It's 1,129 miles from PECLA to Tacoma so I could speed up the break in process to a week or so. Although I do look forward to driving one of Porsche's cars (hopefully a GT4) on the track to learn the limits. We'll see.
Old 01-01-2020 | 05:15 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
I'd be taking it relatively easy as to break her in gradually. It's 1,129 miles from PECLA to Tacoma so I could speed up the break in process to a week or so. Although I do look forward to driving one of Porsche's cars (hopefully a GT4) on the track to learn the limits. We'll see.
beat on theirs. also a good plan!
break in highly personal so i get that. enjoy!
Old 01-03-2020 | 12:43 AM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

I should prolly start a separate thread about this, but can you spec these cars without Cup 2 tires? I've driven on some sketchy roads in Europe (particularly in Greece) and don't know if I would want to pick up a car with racing tires on it and drive it around Europe.
Old 01-03-2020 | 01:12 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AKSteve
I should prolly start a separate thread about this, but can you spec these cars without Cup 2 tires? I've driven on some sketchy roads in Europe (particularly in Greece) and don't know if I would want to pick up a car with racing tires on it and drive it around Europe.
They will fit free loaner snow wheels and tires for you in Winter months. Otherwise, you’re on your own if you want to make a change.

Car has to be retuned in the exact condition it was delivered.

I drove 6,000 km across 5 countries in varying weather in September and October with GT4 on OEM Dunlop Maxx Race and they were great. Plenty of track time too.
Old 01-03-2020 | 01:51 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

I wouldn't worry about. I would be more worried about lack of nose lift. some of the parking garages I used in italy in particular would be impossible with the gt4!
Old 01-03-2020 | 01:57 AM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

OK. Personally if I were to order a car, I would prefer to just have Michelin P4S tires instead of Cup 2's from the get-go.
Old 01-03-2020 | 03:14 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

OK. Personally if I were to order a car, I would prefer to just have Michelin P4S tires instead of Cup 2's from the get-go.
yeah that would be a great choice for putting a lot of miles on them and heavy rain. i use ps4s for street. save the gummies for track.
Old 01-03-2020 | 08:35 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

No.
Old 01-06-2020 | 11:48 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carrering
Good news. I got confirmation from PCNA directly that European Delivery of US Spec GT4's and Spyders can commence on June 1st!

I'm planning a european delivery adventure with a friend. both of us in GT4's.

if you all would like to join us we are happy for the company.
Delivery June 9th or 10th
Drive south to Garmisch.
Head to Stelvio Pass (if its open)
Stop by Maranello Ferrari Factory - where i usually do some acrobatics in front of their gate to say friendly hello from porsche.
Then Imola for 2 track days. friends/family/wives take a day trip to Venice tour Pagani/Lamborghini Factories.
Mugello Track day
then up to the Nurburgring for a private track day. (i have instruction provided) absolute must if you are new to the track.
then drop off cars in Frankfurt on June 20th.

Jim
Sounds like a great trip... my next Porsche will be ED. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 01-09-2020 | 01:52 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
Sounds like a great trip... my next Porsche will be ED. Thanks for the ideas.
my pleasure. when that time comes let me know. happy to see whats going on during your time out there.
Old 01-10-2020 | 11:29 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

I am planning on euro delivery in June.
Guards red spyder.
The following users liked this post:
jayson (03-18-2020)
Old 01-14-2020 | 11:57 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

May European Delivery. Gentian Blue Spyder.

Quick Reply: who is doing european delivery?