Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

RSNV Wing Risers for GT4

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 03:37 AM
Shawn Hong
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 73 Posts

Just received mine and installed yesterday. Quality is amazing and the install process was very easy. Super happy with everything.

The only thing that’s got me scratching my head is ever since I installed this starting at around 94mph I hear wind whistling noise and get louder as the speed increases. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 01-15-2021, 12:59 PM
kj71109
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn Hong
Just received mine and installed yesterday. Quality is amazing and the install process was very easy. Super happy with everything.

The only thing that’s got me scratching my head is ever since I installed this starting at around 94mph I hear wind whistling noise and get louder as the speed increases. Does anyone else have this issue?
YES! Mine starts at 70mph and I have not figured it out. I have sent videos to RSNV and they have not replied with any fixes other than removing them and reinstalling OEM to see if sound is still there. I do not want to go through that process again. When it warms up I am going to trouble shoot it with some electrical tape and see if I can pinpoint it. I was very surprised to have this completely unpleasant sound on $1000 risers.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:03 PM
kj71109
Instructor

Originally Posted by RSNV
Here's an IG story clip that showed this. Visibility depends on your height/seat height, but essentially everyone agrees it is a huge improvement compared to stock. It does not move the wing entirely out of view, but it does get it out of the middle and closer to the top of the rear view for most. I get a sliver of visibility above the wing still, which is better than the top fully blocked.

https://youtu.be/vVqR4uP5C-s
Honestly with my seat position, the visibility is worse with your risers, but I like the look. The low OEM wing is almost completely out of view. When I installed your risers, I heard all the positive feedback that it would no longer be in the way, but this is completely untrue for my seating position. It is right in the middle of the rear window now.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:07 PM
Shawn Hong
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kj71109
YES! Mine starts at 70mph and I have not figured it out. I have sent videos to RSNV and they have not replied with any fixes other than removing them and reinstalling OEM to see if sound is still there. I do not want to go through that process again. When it warms up I am going to trouble shoot it with some electrical tape and see if I can pinpoint it. I was very surprised to have this completely unpleasant sound on $1000 risers.
please keep me posted with what you may find. I’ll let you know as well if I notice anything.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:35 PM
Roarke
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

do you have wing in up or down position?
Old 01-15-2021, 04:28 PM
RSNV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn Hong
We'll stand by this - only have heard 1 prior report of this and the customer determined it was not the risers. Not saying it's impossible, but highly rare and needs to be pinpointed to find a solution.

Our suggestion is to try tape as you said. Try covering any gaps in the slits of the bases, one at a time to pinpoint it. We'll send replacement adhesive strips for the bases at no charge to any customer who needs to reseat their bases.

We can also always be reached via email for support! info@rsnv.co

rsnv.co

Old 01-15-2021, 06:47 PM
Shawn Hong
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RSNV
We'll stand by this - only have heard 1 prior report of this and the customer determined it was not the risers. Not saying it's impossible, but highly rare and needs to be pinpointed to find a solution.

Our suggestion is to try tape as you said. Try covering any gaps in the slits of the bases, one at a time to pinpoint it. We'll send replacement adhesive strips for the bases at no charge to any customer who needs to reseat their bases.

We can also always be reached via email for support! info@rsnv.co
Just got off the phone with Kevin at RSNV. Discussed the possible things to try out and he immediately shipped out the extra adhesive. Great customer service. I’ll try taping the base and see if it gets rid of the noise. If that doesn’t work try a different angle on the wing.
The following users liked this post:
RSNV (01-29-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 12:34 AM
kj71109
Instructor

Originally Posted by Roarke
do you have wing in up or down position?
In the stock position of “up.”
The following users liked this post:
Roarke (01-17-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 05:19 PM
VEGAM
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Installed mine last week. I have to agree with @kj71109 on visibility. I am 5'8" and for my seating position, the stock risers were closer to the bottom edge and would only block objects very close to the car and so had good visibility of cars behind me at a distance on the road which is usually the case unless you are in stop-n-go traffic. With @RSNV risers, the wing is not exactly at the top edge but sits a little below the edge leaving a small gap between the wing and the top edge. This blocks the most useful part of the rear window. Especially if I have a cop car or an ambulance at a distance I wouldn't know unless I look at the side mirrors. Again, for most people who are taller than me, this might not be a problem. I am getting used to it and mostly using side mirrors and rarely look at rear view mirror now.

Having said that, the looks are amazing. Like many have said, this is how Porsche should have shipped the car. Here are some pics:

The following 2 users liked this post by VEGAM:
RSNV (01-29-2021), Shawn Clark (01-29-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 02:43 AM
Colin78
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VEGAM
Installed mine last week. I have to agree with @kj71109 on visibility. I am 5'8" and for my seating position, the stock risers were closer to the bottom edge and would only block objects very close to the car and so had good visibility of cars behind me at a distance on the road which is usually the case unless you are in stop-n-go traffic. With @RSNV risers, the wing is not exactly at the top edge but sits a little below the edge leaving a small gap between the wing and the top edge. This blocks the most useful part of the rear window. Especially if I have a cop car or an ambulance at a distance I wouldn't know unless I look at the side mirrors. Again, for most people who are taller than me, this might not be a problem. I am getting used to it and mostly using side mirrors and rarely look at rear view mirror now.

Having said that, the looks are amazing. Like many have said, this is how Porsche should have shipped the car. Here are some pics:

I feel exact same way. So hard to know see the most important area in the rear view mirror, but looks amazing. I’m about 5 11 but just hard to see out of now and had so much better visibility with stock. Does the wing need to be higher?
Old 03-16-2021, 01:41 PM
RSNV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sharing some recent customer photos of 718's with RSNV's!

🏎:: @gt4maiku, 📷:: @jers_pics

Photo credit GMG Racing.

🏎:: @brunohzavaleta, 📷:: @lenswood_

🏎: @gt4maiku, 📷:: @jers_pics

🏎+📷: @fegola_automobile

🏎:: @qubit_4, 📷:: @paiiinful

🏎:: @gus_gt4, 📷:: @danylenkomedia

In stock and shipping same day: RSNV Wing Risers
The following 2 users liked this post by RSNV:
Frank Torres (03-16-2021), porscheflat6 (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 11:10 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

These look great
Old 03-20-2021, 08:17 PM
RSNV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I'd have to agree! As do the customer reviews on our site - rsnv.co/products/gt4risers

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
These look great
Old 03-20-2021, 09:00 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Looks the way the car should have come from Porsche? Any feedback on this from the track guys?
The following 2 users liked this post by Trj:
mr965 (03-23-2021), RSNV (03-23-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 10:19 AM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

I finally had time this WE to install the risers that I had in garage since last fall...

Install was super easy. The OEM base plates as well as covers where not that hard to remove and left really little adhesive to remove. I was ready for the infamous backing out of OEM insert but everything went fine! I'd say 45 min job being careful not to scratch paint.

Quality of product (finish, fit of base plate) is awesome compared to OEM. I only have some pictures in garage but will try to get better ones outdoor to post. Definitely improves the aggresivness of the look compared to OEM.

Last edited by kart125; 03-22-2021 at 10:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by kart125:
FASTRKMAN (03-22-2021), RSNV (03-23-2021)

Quick Reply: RSNV Wing Risers for GT4