Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

RSNV Wing Risers for GT4

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 07:56 PM
RSNV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by kart125
I finally had time this WE to install the risers that I had in garage since last fall...

Install was super easy. The OEM base plates as well as covers where not that hard to remove and left really little adhesive to remove. I was ready for the infamous backing out of OEM insert but everything went fine! I'd say 45 min job being careful not to scratch paint.

Quality of product (finish, fit of base plate) is awesome compared to OEM. I only have some pictures in garage but will try to get better ones outdoor to post. Definitely improves the aggresivness of the look compared to OEM.
Awesome, let's see those photos! The difference in finish is really striking in person - cast vs. CNC. That rough texture is replaced by perfectly smooth surfaces and crisp beveled edges.

Originally Posted by Trj
Looks the way the car should have come from Porsche? Any feedback on this from the track guys?
We agree! Tons of our customers track their GT4's. It's a small increase in downforce while actually decreasing drag in the cleaner air stream. We ran CFD on the 981, which gave +5lbs @ 80mph, which is a 20% gain on the stock wing. We don't have the exact data on the 718 yet, but it should be very similar, probably a little bit more of an increase actually because the 718 wing is more effective starting point.

rsnv.co

Old 03-23-2021, 08:00 PM
blraider97
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

Are these in stock? May place an order later today.
The following users liked this post:
RSNV (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 08:11 PM
RSNV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Yes they are! Shipping out same day or next day depending how close to the USPS cutoff it is. Free USPS Priority for domestic orders.

Originally Posted by blraider97
Are these in stock? May place an order later today.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:28 AM
fastb4ck
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 112 Posts

Just posting a pic of them on my 981, they really complete the car.
Instagram is @6speeed

Name:  vKFplbC.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  490.2 KB
Name:  FQDmgFu.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  1.19 MB

Last edited by fastb4ck; 04-09-2021 at 11:30 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by fastb4ck:
Driv200 (05-29-2021), Frank Torres (05-30-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 10:59 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Got mine done last weekend and wonderful product.

The following 2 users liked this post by porscheflat6:
Old 04-23-2021, 05:44 AM
Krizze
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Guys,

ran through the whole thread and i really love the look of the higher wing for sure, i was wondering if someone here with actual knowhow in the whole aerodynamics thing can shed light on a few concerns,

1, My thoughts that Porsche set up the wing in a certain way because they know what they're doing obviously
2. will it have a negative effect on the car in general? my driving style is B roads at high speeds occasional track use but mainly mountain passes, b roads. will it unsettle the car at high speeds? if so at what speeds?
3. what adjustment if any do i have to do to make sure the car will not be out of balance if i go ahead with the RSNV wing Risers
4.is it worth it overall? its not the cheapest Mod in the world, but i do enjoy the aesthetic benefit think it really looks the business. but in the opinion of the people who have bought one is it worth it?

if someone can find the time to give me some thought's id be very grateful

thanks

Kris.
Old 04-23-2021, 07:47 PM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Received 1,061 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Krizze
Hi Guys,

ran through the whole thread and i really love the look of the higher wing for sure, i was wondering if someone here with actual knowhow in the whole aerodynamics thing can shed light on a few concerns,

1, My thoughts that Porsche set up the wing in a certain way because they know what they're doing obviously
2. will it have a negative effect on the car in general? my driving style is B roads at high speeds occasional track use but mainly mountain passes, b roads. will it unsettle the car at high speeds? if so at what speeds?
3. what adjustment if any do i have to do to make sure the car will not be out of balance if i go ahead with the RSNV wing Risers
4.is it worth it overall? its not the cheapest Mod in the world, but i do enjoy the aesthetic benefit think it really looks the business. but in the opinion of the people who have bought one is it worth it?

if someone can find the time to give me some thought's id be very grateful

thanks

Kris.
Hi Kris, I actually had a chance to ask Andreas Preuninger the same question(s), along with a couple of photos of the RSNV risers. This was his response:

"Looks cool but will negatively influence balance. On track you need additional downforce friendly modifications at the front to compensate. For street use in speed limited countries I would not worry, on a German autobahn I definitely would. But it looks nice, that's true."

So I think for 99% of folks who aren't running their car regularly at triple-digit speeds, I don't think there's going to be any adverse/noticeable effects. For those that are concerned, using some front bumper dive planes like on the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 and the Sharkwerks GT4 could help balance out the aero, possibly in addition to removing the aero pieces underneath the front bumper. I agree that Porsche (and Manthey Racing) prefers the wing at a specific height for a reason, but with AP's comments in mind, I think most folks can feel pretty confident that it's not going to negatively impact their experience for the majority of use.

I am in the minority in that I actually like the look of the wing at a lower height, but I can't deny that the build quality of RSNV risers are so much nicer than stock. I wish they made them at stock height or even just a tiny bit higher, but I understand why they don't—most folks wouldn't bother spending $1k to make their car look the same.
The following 2 users liked this post by KelvinC:
964C4 (05-03-2022), Frank Torres (04-24-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 06:30 PM
Krizze
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KelvinC
Hi Kris, I actually had a chance to ask Andreas Preuninger the same question(s), along with a couple of photos of the RSNV risers. This was his response:

"Looks cool but will negatively influence balance. On track you need additional downforce friendly modifications at the front to compensate. For street use in speed limited countries I would not worry, on a German autobahn I definitely would. But it looks nice, that's true."

So I think for 99% of folks who aren't running their car regularly at triple-digit speeds, I don't think there's going to be any adverse/noticeable effects. For those that are concerned, using some front bumper dive planes like on the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 and the Sharkwerks GT4 could help balance out the aero, possibly in addition to removing the aero pieces underneath the front bumper. I agree that Porsche (and Manthey Racing) prefers the wing at a specific height for a reason, but with AP's comments in mind, I think most folks can feel pretty confident that it's not going to negatively impact their experience for the majority of use.

I am in the minority in that I actually like the look of the wing at a lower height, but I can't deny that the build quality of RSNV risers are so much nicer than stock. I wish they made them at stock height or even just a tiny bit higher, but I understand why they don't—most folks wouldn't bother spending $1k to make their car look the same.

Much appreciated for taking the time out to explain, i won't be bothering based on what you've said thanks!!
Old 04-27-2021, 01:23 AM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Received 1,061 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Krizze
Much appreciated for taking the time out to explain, i won't be bothering based on what you've said thanks!!
Hi Krizze,

Steering you off of the risers was not my intention. This is RSNV’s thread and it was not my intention to dissuade anyone from them. I think they are awesome—both in production quality and the customer service. My comment, if anything, should help relieve concerns for anyone thinking of running them in pretty much all scenarios except for above triple digit speeds. Even then, figuring out how to balance the aero in front seems like AP’s advice.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:07 PM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 502 Likes on 259 Posts

I forgot to add pictures... here are a few...
Attached Images    
The following 3 users liked this post by kart125:
Driv200 (05-29-2021), Frank Torres (05-30-2021), porscheflat6 (04-27-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 10:53 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Here a couple of pics from an Express Rally last weekend. They really do a great job IMO transforming the rear end.

Frank Torres (05-30-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 11:41 PM
Wei718
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 52 Posts

I just finished installing these risers, definitely transformed into a way better looking rear end. Here’s a quick garage picture for now.

The following 2 users liked this post by Wei718:
Old 05-29-2021, 01:44 PM
Tifosielia
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KelvinC

​​​​​​Keep in mind if it does upset the aero balance, it's going to upset it into understeer. You're creating more rear grip... But these cars are rear limited, the front end has more mechanical grip than the rear. If it does add understeer that's a very predictable handling characteristic!

Also if you're that worried about it you can leave it at the lower angle of attack and remove the front block off so that should get you to about where you want to be, if you insist on keeping the factory aero balance. All while not adding additional drag in the rear.

​​​​​​It seems that the general consensus of people who are really into driving dynamics on here is that the rear could use more grip. ​​​​​

Last edited by Tifosielia; 05-29-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Frank Torres (05-30-2021)
Old 05-29-2021, 02:22 PM
Driv200
Racer

Received 296 Likes on 119 Posts

I love it. My wife said when we first met it’s amazing what a few inches can do.

Any pics of GT4’s with balanced front aero? Dive planes.

Last edited by Driv200; 05-29-2021 at 02:23 PM.
Jay1k2 (07-11-2021)
Old 07-11-2021, 02:40 AM
bvita
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 17 Posts

Just recieved my risers!

Thanks again Matt @RSNV. The packaging and most importantly the risers look absolutely beautiful. Can’t wait to get these thrown on the cars!

porscheflat6 (07-11-2021)

Quick Reply: RSNV Wing Risers for GT4