Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

JCR // 718 GT4 & Spyder - TITANIUM VALVED RACE PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 06:46 PM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Can the OEM diffuser tunnel still be refitted after installing this system? - Looks like the pipes would hit it.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:13 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
Awesome. Could you also use a db meter with stock compared to yours along with the quieter silenced tips you’re going to sell? Cheers.
We're completing a track test as we did with the 991 OPF Race Pipe products and will build a full data sheet for all of the various set ups.

Is it static or Drive by dB levels which you're interested in?

Originally Posted by Atomark
Very interesting product. I’m still breaking in my Spyder but am sure an exhaust upgrade will follow soon as the stock system smothers the beautiful 4.0 sound.

will you also provide a solution for the 2-4k rpm valve opening issue? I’d like to have the valves controlled by the standard button, but allow them to open much earlier than 4k - when needed... but not all the time.

do you need to make any electronic changes when you delete OPF? I dont see any sensors around them in the scarce pics?
Our system creates a much much smoother and natural transition, the valves work in conjunction with the factory exhaust button but the step is much more intuitive and makes more sense when driving in a spirited manner.

No changes required to electronics when deleting the OPF with our solutions. There are pre and post OPF sensors on the EU cars

Originally Posted by Hmet
Also would the exhaust tips look like bare metal? I understand the stock comes with black tips which you say will be ditched because they are too narrow?
What if I want to maintain the black finish look?
Tips are raw titanium, we can ceramic coat any of our exhaust offerings in black, thats no problem if you wish to keep a more OEM look.

The factory tips need to be removed otherwise the system is still restricted by the final element of the exhaust due to their very small internal diameter.

Originally Posted by MidEngineRules
JCR, do they turn a muted powder blue after use like titanium motorbike exhausts typically do? If so, that'd be cool...

Do you make titanium exhausts for the 981 GT4?
A couple of images of some of our exhaust systems after some use..

Yes, we are releasing our 981 GT4 system offerings very soon!

Originally Posted by JP Schnegg
How long does it take to remove original exhaust and fit JCR exhaust? Is is complicated ?
The rear silencer replacement is very simple and quick. Around 1.5hrs maximum, very simple process with everything included and required.

Originally Posted by N.Ring
The OEM system is part of the airflow underneath the car.... Will you offer something to regain that with your nice exhaust bit?
We do plan to release a larger and more effective floor solution for the 718 GT4 / Spyder which will be compatible with our exhaust

Originally Posted by GAZZ
Can the OEM diffuser tunnel still be refitted after installing this system? - Looks like the pipes would hit it.
Yes everything is retained as per factory, as you can see in the video the car is running with our exhaust with all of the factory body work in place. Clearances are actually larger with our system than OEM.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following users liked this post:
Esoteric_Detail (01-08-2020)
Old 12-23-2019, 12:13 PM
N.Ring
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But there are big openings underneath the car now where the saddle type muffler used to be; not good for the efficient air flow underneath the car/diffuser!
Old 12-23-2019, 12:15 PM
N.Ring
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N.Ring
But there are big openings underneath the car now where the saddle type muffler used to be; not good for the efficient air flow underneath the car/diffuser!
Oops, this is for the previous GT4! Forget about my comment...
mp2day (11-30-2021)
Old 12-23-2019, 02:04 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2XIPA
Awesome. Could you also use a db meter with stock compared to yours along with the quieter silenced tips you’re going to sell? Cheers.

We're completing a track test as we did with the 991 OPF Race Pipe products and will build a full data sheet for all of the various set ups.

Is it static or Drive by dB levels which you're interested in?

Dear Santa since it’s the holiday season could I have both? Cheers
Old 12-26-2019, 03:06 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,521 Likes on 2,655 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

OEM system is really very much compromised. We ditched the OEM tips due to the tiny and highly restrictive inside diameter.

JC
No wonder your system saves weight, the OEM muffler looks so out of place on a modern car, big bulky and of course heavy!

I am following your companies progress, to bad that when the GBP is converted to the $CDN I almost passed out, although I can see the quality and appreciate the material choice.
GentlemanRacer (02-07-2020)
Old 12-29-2019, 12:33 AM
Atomark
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
OPF deletes expected early Feb and March we will complete the complete set up with the Race Manifolds

JC
its hard to judge from a video if the sound level offered by this kit is what I’m looking for. My frame of reference for a perfect 6 cylinder sound was my 981 Boxster S with 200 cell sports cats and the standard PSE box. No drone, and an amazing scream at full throttle. I’m sure you’ve heard cars with that setup, how does it compare?

If I buy the current system on offering, will it be compatible with the OPF delete kit / header kit that comes in Februari? Just in case its not enough on its own. Or should I then wait for the full system.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:36 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

its hard to judge from a video if the sound level offered by this kit is what I’m looking for. My frame of reference for a perfect 6 cylinder sound was my 981 Boxster S with 200 cell sports cats and the standard PSE box. No drone, and an amazing scream at full throttle. I’m sure you’ve heard cars with that setup, how does it compare?

If I buy the current system on offering, will it be compatible with the OPF delete kit / header kit that comes in Februari? Just in case its not enough on its own. Or should I then wait for the full system.
Videos are always a bit of a lottery when it comes to truly capturing the sound. We have an OEM 718 GT4 which we are about to do some filming with vs the JCR equipped car which certainly helps give a sense and baseline.

Everything we're producing for this model is 100% direct replacement for the respective OEM component so you can fit at a later date and all of the OEM and JCR components are compatible with one another.

JC
Esoteric_Detail (01-08-2020)
Old 12-30-2019, 01:11 PM
Atomark
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Allright then, I just put in the order!
Am I the first? 😀

Old 12-30-2019, 01:22 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Am I the first? 😀
Way to go, even from the brief video posted that exhaust sounds awesome!

I will consider this system once I actually get a car...
Old 12-30-2019, 03:15 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Am I the first? 😀
Thanks for the order, very much looking forward to your feedback.

The first to be ordered to your part of the world

JC
Old 01-08-2020, 08:59 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Some more video footage of our Titanium Valved Race Pipe suitable for the 718 Cayman GT4 & Boxster Spyder

Looks great with some heat through it too!

Westcoast (01-08-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 10:18 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Sounds great and I assume that the footage shown during acceleration is with the valves open?

How does it sound at cruising RPM's, any drone at all?

Any pictures and details about the optional Titanium Silenced Tips?
Old 01-08-2020, 12:14 PM
works_team
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 56 Posts

Well done, keep up the good work! Can you just clarify whether this is EC approved / road legal in the EU? thanks!
Old 01-08-2020, 12:50 PM
Hmet
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

is this with of without the particulate filter please?

Quick Reply: JCR // 718 GT4 & Spyder - TITANIUM VALVED RACE PIPE