Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

JCR // 718 GT4 & Spyder - TITANIUM VALVED RACE PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 05:42 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Sausage416
can you mix match other opf delete with your centre bypass? I’m just going to get the non silenced racepipe ,and get an ss opf delete or something along those line.
All of our parts are completely modular. Unlike others we’re not at all precious over owners running just their kit. We like to bring choice to the market and that means compatibility.

Originally Posted by incursion
That's the plan, but my understanding is that titanium exhausts are affected by mileage a lot more than stainless steel exhausts. Is that not the case?
Anyone exclusively building SS exhausts only will lead you to believe that Titanium falls apart of its own accord. The truth is that a poorly manufactured exhaust made from cheap material will likely fail regardless of if its SS or Ti or otherwise.

In terms of resale we always help customers find their exhaust a new home when / if they’re selling their car or changing things up.

It’s very little effort on our part to help our customers even years after the deal is done. If we can help connect them with someone looking for a JCR system that doesn’t quite want to spend new money (usually 20/25% off) then I’m happy about that

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 05-05-2020 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:56 AM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by incursion
That's the plan, but my understanding is that titanium exhausts are affected by mileage a lot more than stainless steel exhausts. Is that not the case?
Oh I thought you ment the resale value of your car with a modified exhaust... I dont know about Ti depreciation but since the buy in price is higher I guess a potential used buyer is not going to be willing to pay for the difference between SS and Ti so you might be right about the greater depreciation or loss on your investment.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:55 AM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by kart125
Oh I thought you ment the resale value of your car with a modified exhaust... I dont know about Ti depreciation but since the buy in price is higher I guess a potential used buyer is not going to be willing to pay for the difference between SS and Ti so you might be right about the greater depreciation or loss on your investment.
in my several iterations of modifying my car, you can expect to recoup about 40-50% of your cost. This depends heavily on the market and quality/brand name as well as materials used. After 4 months, I recently sold my Akrapovic exhaust for my M2 for 42% of what I paid. That was the best offer. I frequently got offers at 33% or lower. This is true of basically any mod. However the higher buy in is definitely a greater loss. 42% of 3k is a lot less loss than 42% of 6k.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,518 Likes on 2,654 Posts

Originally Posted by blackholescion
in my several iterations of modifying my car, you can expect to recoup about 40-50% of your cost. This depends heavily on the market and quality/brand name as well as materials used. After 4 months, I recently sold my Akrapovic exhaust for my M2 for 42% of what I paid. That was the best offer. I frequently got offers at 33% or lower. This is true of basically any mod. However the higher buy in is definitely a greater loss. 42% of 3k is a lot less loss than 42% of 6k.
Interesting take on the value of the mods that you may need to sell after the fact, sobering I would say and in my limited experience your numbers are probably correct. Add to the loss on the item from new is the effort to sell it, I never have a good time in this department but after reading your percentages I think I know the reason for my lack of success, expecting too high a price for that used item.

Because of this I now go in with the premise, expect nothing on resale for any mods, this doesn't mean I give them away but I don't justify a new exhaust because "I know I can get my money back" when I go to sell it.
The following users liked this post:
blackholescion (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 01:21 PM
DocMo
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 86 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by DocMo:
Avera (09-23-2022), kart125 (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 10:35 PM
incursion
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Interesting take on the value of the mods that you may need to sell after the fact, sobering I would say and in my limited experience your numbers are probably correct. Add to the loss on the item from new is the effort to sell it, I never have a good time in this department but after reading your percentages I think I know the reason for my lack of success, expecting too high a price for that used item.

Because of this I now go in with the premise, expect nothing on resale for any mods, this doesn't mean I give them away but I don't justify a new exhaust because "I know I can get my money back" when I go to sell it.
Yeah, I'll likely put 35k miles on the exhaust, so I probably wouldn't even get close to what you were able to get.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:28 AM
4MIDABLE
Racer

Received 327 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by blackholescion
Agree to a point. I just parted out my M2...and I had A LOT of mods. I say the average amount I was able to get back was 60% of what I paid...of course I had guys low ball me, there are always those guys out there, you just have to tell them where they could put their low ball offer. If you are patient you don’t have to give the stuff away. That said, at over $4K, my most expensive mod is still sitting in my basement... more expensive parts are harder to move, but that is to be expected.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:22 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by 4MIDABLE
Agree to a point. I just parted out my M2...and I had A LOT of mods. I say the average amount I was able to get back was 60% of what I paid...of course I had guys low ball me, there are always those guys out there, you just have to tell them where they could put their low ball offer. If you are patient you don’t have to give the stuff away. That said, at over $4K, my most expensive mod is still sitting in my basement... more expensive parts are harder to move, but that is to be expected.
That's the thing. I got $800 for my Eventuri intake I paid $1100 for (at cost). Sure on average, I creep up to 55% total across all my mods I sold. But I can't get that for an individual item that costs 4k, 5k, 6k. The majority of folks buying in that price range would go for something cheaper if it does basically the same thing. Why buy an Akrapovic exhaust that's 3k used when you can get a brand new <insert exhaust here> for the same money? Takes a certain client. Buy cheap, cry twice and all that notwithstanding. If I get 50%, I'm happy. If I get less, I'll tolerate it to a point as my time is valuable.

Car mods are interesting in that people tend to buy ebay stuff, even if they are driving a 70k car around, especially when it's a "tuner luxury" like an M2/3/4. Most of the car mod market is not for people who bought a car new it seems. This is just anecdotal for my experience. buy a used M2 or STi or GTi or whatever else, slap 5k of mods on there, and call it a day. 5k to buy all the bolt ons is very different from a 5k exhaust only.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:46 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A beautiful 718 Spyder got treated today to a Titanium Silenced Valved Race Pipe & Black Ceramic Inconel Rolled Tips

Customer (981 Spyder previous car) is over the moon, now the car sounds exactly as it should from the factory and “way better than my 981”

Very much looking forward to our customers sharing their impressions of this system installed on their 718 GT4 / Spyder / GTS 4.0’s

JC
Westcoast (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 05:00 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

@JCR-Porsche , nicely done, very stealthy with the black tips! I didn't see the cost for this on your web site?

Also can the Megaphone and Inconel tips be polished and are they expected to turn blue if not ceramic coated?
Old 05-13-2020, 05:09 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Westcoast
@JCR-Porsche , nicely done, very stealthy with the black tips! I didn't see the cost for this on your web site?

Also can the Megaphone and Inconel tips be polished and are they expected to turn blue if not ceramic coated?
Its a £150 GBP option to ceramic coat either the Inconel or Titanium tips

Both are supplied usually polished, Inconel more so. The titanium will turn Blue / Purple etc and the Inconel colours but more of a Gold / Blue depending on the heat they’re exposed to

JC
Westcoast (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 05:51 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

@JCR-Porsche Thanks for the follow up, the rolled Inconel looks great like that.
JCR-Porsche (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 06:33 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 681 Likes on 296 Posts

I saw this over at Pistonheads. Cost £4,695 or $8,100.00 Canadian.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:56 PM
4MIDABLE
Racer

Received 327 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by ISPYA718
I saw this over at Pistonheads. Cost £4,695 or $8,100.00 Canadian.
Ouch.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:44 PM
xondat
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Colored titanium is cool, but those rolled Inconel tips will be my choice.

Quick Reply: JCR // 718 GT4 & Spyder - TITANIUM VALVED RACE PIPE