Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 09:34 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Originally Posted by Knutsm01
PDK - that was the only line that changed - the rest of the dates are still the same. Could be an error but time will tell. If mine gets delayed it’s fine as I can’t drive it in winter anyways. Earliest 2021 models can take delivery is 12/4 according to my SA via Porsche.
Interesting. I read some posts on here that indicated a delay of sales until Dec by Porsche for the MY21 PDK version (delivery to customer from Nov to Dec). Mine locked ~ 1+ week early (was 7/31) for additional option changes. Makes one wonder why the pull up dates change but not the others. Mine is listed as 11/13; completion 1 week earlier and delivery 3 weeks earlier than your dates.

Tanx
Old 08-03-2020, 09:47 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Interesting. I read some posts on here that indicated a delay of sales until Dec by Porsche for the MY21 PDK version (delivery to customer from Nov to Dec). Mine locked ~ 1+ week early (was 7/31) for additional option changes. Makes one wonder why the pull up dates change but not the others. Mine is listed as 11/13; completion 1 week earlier and delivery 3 weeks earlier than your dates.

Tanx
Mine still shows 9/25 completion, 10/16 exit emden, 11/6 exit Houston, 12/4 dealer inventory.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:49 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 228 Posts

dealer called back. said all indications from Porsche are fall next year as 2022 model after factory reopens after august holiday. COULD be before, but unlikely.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:50 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,874 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by lamacan
dealer called back. said all indications from Porsche are fall next year as 2022 model after factory reopens after august holiday. COULD be before, but unlikely.
Just for clarification, this is referring to product launch or product deliveries?
Old 08-03-2020, 09:54 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAhmed
Just for clarification, this is referring to product launch or product deliveries?
deliveries is what i took it as but he didn't clarify, actually. he said it was confirmed by porsche to them as a model late last year for delivery this year, but everything has been pushed back. so the dealers have a clearer confirmation from porsche that the model exists earlier in advance of production than they typically would, due to covid/production delays. it all adds up. my guess is they'll have a year of PDK GT4's in the market before delivering RS's. which would peg it at november next year. the earliest PDK GT4's are being delivered stateside in november, based on customer orders i am personally aware of (friends, etc.) and what the dealer is telling me.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:57 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,874 Likes on 784 Posts

deliveries is what i took it as but he didn't clarify, actually. he said it was confirmed by porsche to them as a model late last year for delivery this year, but everything has been pushed back. so the dealers have a clearer confirmation from porsche that the model exists earlier in advance of production than they typically would, due to covid/production delays. it all adds up. my guess is they'll have a year of PDK GT4's in the market before delivering RS's. which would peg it at november next year. the earliest PDK GT4's are being delivered stateside in november, based on customer orders i am personally aware of (friends, etc.) and what the dealer is telling me.
Dang. Yes this seems consistent with what I am hearing. I wonder (timeline wise) where the 992 GT3 will drop...I am told the GT4RS will be much more difficult to obtain at MSRP than the next GT3
Old 08-03-2020, 10:09 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Mine got moved from 9/16 to 8/28 as of this morning.
Mine still shows 9/25 completion, 10/16 exit emden, 11/6 exit Houston, 12/4 dealer inventory.
My V250 was earlier than yours but the rest of your dates are earlier than mine. Maybe my SA is lazier than yours with updates.

I discount dealer inventory due to delivery distance involved. But it shouldn't take a month, in your case, to go from Huston to your location.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:13 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAhmed
Dang. Yes this seems consistent with what I am hearing. I wonder (timeline wise) where the 992 GT3 will drop...I am told the GT4RS will be much more difficult to obtain at MSRP than the next GT3
makes sense. as a cayman > 911 person, the cayman insecurity is real. the market for a $150K+ cayman is limited so i am sure they will produce less/be ordered cars mainly.

and porsche made so many 991.2 GT3's and they tanked so fast in value i don't think they'll get away with the ADM game in the same way. you can buy auction cars for $130-$140K now. a year later. any ADM on a car that there are 10,000+ of is absolutely stupid. i've had boring BMW's with lower production numbers.

maybe for the first few dealer lot allocations that aren't orders or new to the brand people will pay ADM on GT3.

but again, everything i am hearing is porsche will produce as many cars as they can sell. dealer will give me below MSRP on a regular GT4 if i want he said.

all this being said, dealer lists are real. express your interest. they relay the interest to porsche. they can trade allocations, etc. based on what they said early on about GT4 allocations, porsche listens to customer demand.

get your name out there, stay positive and communicate with your dealer regularly.

i mean ****, you could lease a base cayman or macan for 24 months and then do a lease pull ahead after 12 months when the RS arrives and you then have a relationship with your dealer. that $12,000 spent on the lease will be cheaper than the ADM you might otherwise pay.

btw, if you're in the market, i've discussed with my dealer in the past, which they agreed to, was don't charge me ADM on XYZ car and i'll lease a macan at MSRP instead of the 7-8% off you'd give me normally. then you get to residualize what would otherwise be an ADM into a preferred rate on a lease and the dealer makes the same money (assuming you're only paying like a $5,000-$10,000 ADM). like i said, communicate and get creative.

also, with experience center delivery, your dealer network is much wider. so if you're on the west coast or east coast, do experience center delivery and drive it home. then any dealer in the country is open to you.

Last edited by lamacan; 08-03-2020 at 10:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Vgj (12-02-2021)
Old 08-03-2020, 10:16 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
My V250 was earlier than yours but the rest of your dates are earlier than mine. Maybe my SA is lazier than yours with updates.

I discount dealer inventory due to delivery distance involved. But it shouldn't take a month, in your case, to go from Huston to your location.
My original freeze date was 7/15. He did confirm no 2021’s will be sold before 12/4, mandated straight from Porsche, guessing why that shows 12/4 as dealer inventory. So likely my car will be sitting at the dealer for 3 weeks before I can take delivery or it will get held at port. The east coast guys should be a week ahead of mine for being stateside.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:46 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Not that I want a PDK GT4, but has anyone checked the CARB submissions and approvals? VAG products tend to get held up (wonder why ....) so that is a good source of info. It’s not unusual to have cars built and sit at port for months even (Don’t ask me how I know) at least for CARB states deliveries (basically both coasts and a few in the middle).
Old 08-03-2020, 10:48 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Not that I want a PDK GT4, but has anyone checked the CARB submissions and approvals? VAG products tend to get held up (wonder why ....) so that is a good source of info. It’s not unusual to have cars built and sit at port for months even (Don’t ask me how I know) at least for CARB states deliveries (basically both coasts and a few in the middle).
correct. this has been virtually every new porsche model for the last 2 years. stuck in port for 30+ days.
evilfij (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 12:19 AM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Received 454 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
-100kg is impossible, more like -10kg like for like if they go carbon panels and strip out some insulation (headline number is likely higher if they offer AC and radio delete — but can’t do radio delete in US due to back up camera legislation), and I don’t see a new manual to handle increased torque let alone a LWFW (GT3 did not even get one) and RS have been PDK only for a decade, they could fit the GT3RS/GT2 front suspension as opposed to the GT3 front, the rest seems likely.

So what’s a PDK GT4 with CF roof, frunk panel, (maybe fenders), less insulation, call it 8700rpm 475hp engine, with some more aero including a carbon fiber wing and suspension tweaks worth to you?
PDK is a no-go for me. If PDK only, I will look for a 997.2 3.8L GT3RS.

Pretty much any spec GT4RS with a manual, I am in. Depending on how different than a GT4, I will decide to trade or add. Not that I really want Porsche to know but I am not too price sensitive since there aren’t good choices for great sports car with N/A engine and manual transmission.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:21 AM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

get your name out there, stay positive and communicate with your dealer regularly.
You and your dealer seem to have a better visibility on production road map. Would you know what's the likely production run for Spyder? If you don't, could you ask your dealer? Thanks.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:27 AM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ForeverCar
PDK is a no-go for me. If PDK only, I will look for a 997.2 3.8L GT3RS.

Pretty much any spec GT4RS with a manual, I am in. Depending on how different than a GT4, I will decide to trade or add. Not that I really want Porsche to know but I am not too price sensitive since there aren’t good choices for great sports car with N/A engine and manual transmission.
never going to happen. as someone said, RS has been PDK only for two cycles now. GT's would be PDK only too if americans didn't complain. the rest of the world didn't care.
evilfij (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 12:28 AM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the_rider
You and your dealer seem to have a better visibility on production road map. Would you know what's the likely production run for Spyder? If you don't, could you ask your dealer? Thanks.
i'll ask. standby.
spyderphile (08-04-2020)

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS