Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 04:36 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken in San Diego
My build is $123k, and they still hit me with a $15k ADM which is not bad for now. I’m first time admit even Spyders have a chance to returning to MSRP. aka no ADM.

But for me too, my Spyder is a joyful daily and might not ever track it. But not sure.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your build code? I am always looking for inspirations for my build. If a year from now and I still don’t have an allocation, I may be tempted for a little ADM. Or I’m hoping my GTS 4.0 will fill that void.

Looking for a canyon carver anyways and if I’m sure the GTS is more than I can handle. Only negative is not getting PDLS+, but otherwise have every option I wanted.
Old 09-04-2022, 04:56 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Received 206 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your build code? I am always looking for inspirations for my build. If a year from now and I still don’t have an allocation, I may be tempted for a little ADM. Or I’m hoping my GTS 4.0 will fill that void.

Looking for a canyon carver anyways and if I’m sure the GTS is more than I can handle. Only negative is not getting PDLS+, but otherwise have every option I wanted.
yeah. I’ve come to accept the PDLS now, it’s great in its own way.

here is my build. PPN2YYG6
Old 09-04-2022, 07:02 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken in San Diego
yeah. I’ve come to accept the PDLS now, it’s great in its own way.

here is my build. PPN2YYG6
Great spec! My theoretical dream spec is very similar to yours. I do see more people adding the illuminated door sills. Maybe group think, but maybe I should consider adding it to my GTS…
The following users liked this post:
Ken in San Diego (09-05-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 07:07 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,142 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Standard Boxster body is pretty ugly to be honest, I would have never bought my Spyder if it didn't have the beautiful design of the double humps/front bumper/etc. Have a feeling most are in the same boat and ignore the Boxster 4.0 due to that.
Lol. Jesus Christ, people of rennlist.
The following 4 users liked this post by manifold danger:
6IXSPD (09-06-2022), brock256 (09-04-2022), nikuhina (09-04-2022), X2Board (09-06-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 07:08 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 778 Likes on 354 Posts

What do you guys think of PPSCJD89? I've found a dealer with no ADM that only forces you to get front XPEL ULTIMATE for a very reasonable price, December allocation, might go for it instead of waiting in line for ever for no ADM.
nikuhina (09-04-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 07:15 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,142 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by danielzy
What do you guys think of PPSCJD89? I've found a dealer with no ADM that only forces you to get front XPEL ULTIMATE for a very reasonable price, December allocation, might go for it instead of waiting in line for ever for no ADM.
Easiest to get opinions if you share a link; I'm trying to muster up energy to cook dinner so basically bored af so I checked it out.

It's an ok spec... chalk is a pretty universally loved color and the red top adds a touch of interesting. Assuming the build is already locked? If so, it was probably someone else's and they bailed on it. A couple things to definitely consider- it's got white interior, that could be a dealbreaker for many so make sure YOU like it, it will likely affect resale. And if it's slotted for European delivery then better get your tickets now. That could work out great but it's a big contingency... otherwise any car at MSRP is great, and there's an argument to be made that all of these cars should have some sort of paint protection film applied so that at least is a worthy way to line the dealer's pockets and get something in return.

Last edited by manifold danger; 09-04-2022 at 07:16 PM.
Lucifer (09-04-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 07:26 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Easiest to get opinions if you share a link; I'm trying to muster up energy to cook dinner so basically bored af so I checked it out.

It's an ok spec... chalk is a pretty universally loved color and the red top adds a touch of interesting. Assuming the build is already locked? If so, it was probably someone else's and they bailed on it. A couple things to definitely consider- it's got white interior, that could be a dealbreaker for many so make sure YOU like it, it will likely affect resale. And if it's slotted for European delivery then better get your tickets now. That could work out great but it's a big contingency... otherwise any car at MSRP is great, and there's an argument to be made that all of these cars should have some sort of paint protection film applied so that at least is a worthy way to line the dealer's pockets and get something in return.
Appreciate your input. Will remember the link part for next times.
Lock date is in a few weeks for this allocation (if I choose to take it, still not sure) and I configured this build myself.
Resale value is actually very important for me, so I will probably pass on the white interior, how about Beige?

The Chalk is OK-ish, I really wanted a more popping color but I didnt like the Python Green in person (which was my "dream color" since that car was presented).
But I also want an exterior color that will work with a brighter interior.

The European delivery is probably the only thing I am sure about . I fantasized about that moment since I visited at the Porsche factory many years ago.

This will be my first Porsche, trying not to have any regrets on one hand but not spec it to 150k on the other.
manifold danger (09-08-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 11:19 PM
nikuhina
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Wouldn't even be an ADM in my eyes since I'd plan on doing PPF in the front anyways!
Old 09-04-2022, 11:27 PM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Standard Boxster body is pretty ugly to be honest, I would have never bought my Spyder if it didn't have the beautiful design of the double humps/front bumper/etc. Have a feeling most are in the same boat and ignore the Boxster 4.0 due to that.
I don't personally think it's ugly (better than a 911 Cabrio, at any rate), but the Cayman does have the edge in a pure appearance comparison, I agree. Of course, nothing can match the Spyder in that respect!
Old 09-04-2022, 11:29 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brock256
I don't personally think it's ugly (better than a 911 Cabrio, at any rate), but the Cayman does have the edge in a pure appearance comparison, I agree. Of course, nothing can match the Spyder in that respect!
I would have gladly get a Boxster in a Spyder body if it had a proper roof mechanism and not that atrocity that takes like 10 minutes to open or close
Old 09-05-2022, 12:10 AM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Received 206 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Great spec! My theoretical dream spec is very similar to yours. I do see more people adding the illuminated door sills. Maybe group think, but maybe I should consider adding it to my GTS…
thanks. I’m the original owner of a 99 Boxster. Still drive it every day. I learned when buying a car like this to just include everything that makes you happy and keep it forever.

I love the door sill idea. It will draw my attention to it and make me smile every time. These cars are all about smiles.

Toon902 (09-05-2022)
Old 09-05-2022, 08:18 PM
mbr129
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I would have gladly get a Boxster in a Spyder body if it had a proper roof mechanism and not that atrocity that takes like 10 minutes to open or close
Amen.
Old 09-05-2022, 08:23 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

10 minutes?! I could do it blindfolded quicker. It just takes a few steps and with my wife, we can do it in about 1 minute (we timed it).
The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
brock256 (09-06-2022), n4v4nod (09-05-2022)
Old 09-05-2022, 08:26 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,178 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by mbr129
Amen.
it’s actually super easy, less than 5 min for one person at a normal pace.

Old 09-05-2022, 08:29 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
10 minutes?! I could do it blindfolded quicker. It just takes a few steps and with my wife, we can do it in about 1 minute (we timed it).
Personally I open and close the roof several times each drive.
Sometimes it starts raining, or it gets too hot from the sun or I want to have a proper conversation with my wife without raising my voice, or w\e - I can't imagine stopping and doing that long process every time.
manifold danger (09-08-2022)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker