Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 08:43 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by danielzy
Personally I open and close the roof several times each drive.
Sometimes it starts raining, or it gets too hot from the sun or I want to have a proper conversation with my wife without raising my voice, or w\e - I can't imagine stopping and doing that long process every time.
I understand, and yes, it can be a small inconvenience at times but in return, one gets the best-looking P-car made today.
Old 09-05-2022, 08:46 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 762 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I understand, and yes, it can be a small inconvenience at times but in return, one gets the best-looking P-car made today.
I guess if that was the only deal breaker I would have probably went for the Spyder - but I don't want the stiffness of Spyder or the cabin noise - it will be a daily driver for me with some fun mountain roads in the weekend.
When you combine all of that it seems silly to sacrifice so much just for a better looking car.
And if I am being honest the Boxster is indeed not the best looking convertible.
Yes, the 718 is significantly nicer than the 981 in my opinion - but the back, especially where it stores the roof, doesn't look very good.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:01 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I guess if that was the only deal breaker I would have probably went for the Spyder - but I don't want the stiffness of Spyder or the cabin noise - it will be a daily driver for me with some fun mountain roads in the weekend.
When you combine all of that it seems silly to sacrifice so much just for a better looking car.
And if I am being honest the Boxster is indeed not the best looking convertible.
Yes, the 718 is significantly nicer than the 981 in my opinion - but the back, especially where it stores the roof, doesn't look very good.
You are definitely not a Spyder fan, and that is ok, but the ride is not stiff (especially with the DSC) and you are in the minority for sure if you are saying that the rear humps do not look good! Do you think there is a better-looking P-car now? If so, which one?
Old 09-05-2022, 09:02 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 762 Likes on 351 Posts

You are definitely not a Spyder fan, and that is ok, but the ride is not stiff (especially with the DSC) and you are in the minority for sure if you are saying that the rear humps do not look good! Do you think there is a better-looking P-car now? If so, which one?
The rear of the Spyder is amazing, I meant that I am not a huge fan of the rear of the regular Boxster.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:01 PM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.;[url=tel:18344668
18344668[/url]]You are definitely not a Spyder fan, and that is ok, but the ride is not stiff (especially with the DSC) and you are in the minority for sure if you are saying that the rear humps do not look good! Do you think there is a better-looking P-car now? If so, which one?
Easy. 718 Cayman GT4. Looks business and built with a purpose.

The following users liked this post:
CvH (09-09-2022)
Old 09-05-2022, 10:06 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by unclemat
Easy. 718 Cayman GT4. Looks business and built with a purpose.
But it is not a drop-top, which is the top priority for me, along with it having a manual...if it does not have both of those count me out!
bpeacock (09-05-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 06:29 PM
Thefullsend
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

If anyone is looking for a new 2022 GT4, let me know.

Last edited by Thefullsend; 09-09-2022 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:53 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,140 Likes on 641 Posts

It's not a small inconvenience. One finger for 30 seconds while driving up to 35 mph vs 1 minute requiring two people or 5 minutes with 1 person getting completely out of the car. Not even close.

Everyone uses their cars differently. For me, even though it clearly has much stronger street presence and more "exotic vibe", I couldn't really consider a Spyder. Throw in a pretty much mandatory ADM and you might as well tie a rock to it and throw it in the ocean.

And I didn't even get to some of the other options that are weirdly not available with the Spyder like entry and drive. I guess that fits with the "exotic" persona but I find it annoying in 2022 to be forced to use a key because it conflicts with the spirit of the canvas door handles.

The Spyder is just not a fit for a car that will be used frequently. But yes, it looks great.

Appreciate your input. Will remember the link part for next times.
Lock date is in a few weeks for this allocation (if I choose to take it, still not sure) and I configured this build myself.
Resale value is actually very important for me, so I will probably pass on the white interior, how about Beige?

The Chalk is OK-ish, I really wanted a more popping color but I didnt like the Python Green in person (which was my "dream color" since that car was presented).
But I also want an exterior color that will work with a brighter interior.

The European delivery is probably the only thing I am sure about . I fantasized about that moment since I visited at the Porsche factory many years ago.

This will be my first Porsche, trying not to have any regrets on one hand but not spec it to 150k on the other.
Why would you not take it... you have a deposit down, right? Sorry for the confusion, I'm sure you've explained it but a couple people just recently got allocations and I probably will confuse you with someone else or just plain forgot... I may recall vaguely you wanted a GT4 but this is what was available right now. In that sense, it may make more sense to spec for "common wants" in the community... which yeah, the white interior is a no-no unless you're getting it just for you. Some others I think have commented that it's pretty solid vs blue jean stains and what not, but I've seen it on other, older Porsches and it definitely does not wear as well as other colors. Beige is classy AF, but I do think the "safest" bet would be the GTS interior for a GTS. It's not a huge deal as even with a white interior I don't think these cars will be difficult to find buyers for. Personally, if it's a non-GTS interior on a GTS, I'd recommend at least choosing the Porsche crest on the headrests. That adds a nice tough that offsets the "special" feeling of the GTS interior IMHO.

I'm not a fan of Python Green either. I wanted to be but something about it just doesn't do it for me. I personally think beige could go with just about any color, but black or gentian blue may be the best fit. Also if you like Chalk consider Adventurine Green, go look at it in person if you can. It might be a good fit for what you're looking for. Close enough to grayscale "safety" but also classy and interesting. My only issue is that for some reason, Adventuring Green doesn't look as good to me on a Boxster as it does on a 911. But that's probably just me, I'm aware of that.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:35 AM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 361 Likes on 205 Posts

I have a Florida store with a GT4 allocation, must be registered in FL. 20k over MSRP.
(813) 838-8758
Old 09-09-2022, 10:20 AM
NewKidinTown
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bpeacock
I have a Florida store with a GT4 allocation, must be registered in FL. 20k over MSRP.
How can a dealer enforce where a car is registered?

Last edited by NewKidinTown; 09-09-2022 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-09-2022, 10:21 AM
Tremelune
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

They register it.
Mr. Adair (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 10:32 AM
NewKidinTown
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tremelune
They register it.
Yeah, for financed deals, seems like all the dealers are in cahoots with someone whereby the dealer insists on collecting the sales tax and then sending it in on your behalf.

But this seems to only be true for financed deals. From my experience, if you pay cash, you can insist that the dealer send you the MSO and then register the car wherever the heck you want.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:37 AM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 361 Likes on 205 Posts

It's frustrating but this store in particular doesn't want to sell GT cars out of state. I can't say that I know why, that's just what they want to do.
Old 09-09-2022, 10:56 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 658 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by bpeacock
It's frustrating but this store in particular doesn't want to sell GT cars out of state. I can't say that I know why, that's just what they want to do.
Keep the cars in state. Service their local customers first and try to get the buyer to sell the car back to them. It's now pretty damn common. Started about 5 years here. Seems logical.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. Adair:
bpeacock (09-09-2022), daaa nope (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 11:01 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,127 Posts

Originally Posted by NewKidinTown
From my experience, if you pay cash, you can insist that the dealer send you the MSO and then register the car wherever the heck you want.
Insist? Doubtful, dealer sells who they want to for a variety of reasons.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker