Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 01:25 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken in San Diego
Amazingly snobby people on this board. More than I thought.
He's been a member since 2004. Did you expect helpfulness?
Old 07-29-2022, 01:28 PM
BillBoss
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 64 Posts

I've been on a waitlist since October 2021 at multiple dealers. Allocations haven't moved since March according to one dealer.

However, my close buddy recently got a GT3 Touring from another dealer and he introduced me to his SA and also the GM of the dealership. The GM pretty much guaranteed me one, but I would have to wait until Spring to receive it, which I have no issues with at all. This falls in line with what @n4v4nod said earlier.

I can't stress how important it is to develop a relationship with the dealership. If they like you and you are good to them, you will get what you want. I was fortunate enough to know someone who purchased from a first class dealership. Crossing my fingers it comes through!
The following 2 users liked this post by BillBoss:
daaa nope (07-29-2022), n4v4nod (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 01:31 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Received 206 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by bravoraider
He's been a member since 2004. Did you expect helpfulness?
Not really. But yes, I know that I am posting around this board. I get it. I have been a Boxster owner since 99, still have and drive that car. Now, I am finally upgrading to a 2023 Sypder, and I NEVER thought that I would get an allocation, nevertheless in a week of searching.

Frankly, the reason why I snapped back with my response is that I have received a few other similar comments from folks on this board. Sad that so many are put off by my enthusiasm and excitement on a board that is supposed to be a support community of fellow Porsche drivers (not to throw everyone under the bus with this comment as there have been many fantastic folks that I have befriended as well).
Old 07-29-2022, 01:41 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by BillBoss
I've been on a waitlist since October 2021 at multiple dealers. Allocations haven't moved since March according to one dealer.

However, my close buddy recently got a GT3 Touring from another dealer and he introduced me to his SA and also the GM of the dealership. The GM pretty much guaranteed me one, but I would have to wait until Spring to receive it, which I have no issues with at all. This falls in line with what @n4v4nod said earlier.

I can't stress how important it is to develop a relationship with the dealership. If they like you and you are good to them, you will get what you want. I was fortunate enough to know someone who purchased from a first class dealership. Crossing my fingers it comes through!
Yes, the relationship is critical. In my case, I told the dealership that I bought my first Boxster years ago from them, and I included a picture of me and my son in the email driving the Boxster. I actually think it worked, and they threw me a bone. After securing the allocation, I went to LA to visit the dealer to build additional creditability and relationship face to face. I want them to be confident that I will "close" and end up buying the car.
Old 07-29-2022, 01:57 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 842 Posts

Not really. But yes, I know that I am posting around this board. I get it. I have been a Boxster owner since 99, still have and drive that car. Now, I am finally upgrading to a 2023 Sypder, and I NEVER thought that I would get an allocation, nevertheless in a week of searching.

Frankly, the reason why I snapped back with my response is that I have received a few other similar comments from folks on this board. Sad that so many are put off by my enthusiasm and excitement on a board that is supposed to be a support community of fellow Porsche drivers (not to throw everyone under the bus with this comment as there have been many fantastic folks that I have befriended as well).
I think the best comparison I can give you from real life is when you're at a party and you're that guy that's vegan so you decide to tell everyone at the party that you're vegan and when you haven't told someone within 8 minutes about it then you've got a vein bulging in your forehead.

No offense.
The following 8 users liked this post by cooler2442:
85Gold (07-29-2022), CaptainSlowly (07-29-2022), jmjacarn (07-30-2022), josephr25 (07-29-2022), MechEngr1287 (07-29-2022), Richardkun (08-11-2022), SmallCapTrader (07-30-2022), TXRubicon (07-29-2022) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-29-2022, 01:59 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by cooler2442
I think the best comparison I can give you from real life is when you're at a party and you're that guy that's vegan so you decide to tell everyone at the party that you're vegan and when you haven't told someone within 8 minutes about it then you've got a vein bulging in your forehead.

No offense.
I get your point. Really, I do. But, I thought that I was at a "vegan party". Apparently not.
Old 07-29-2022, 02:38 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,635 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Grumpy trolls on every board. Part of their charm.
Old 07-29-2022, 04:24 PM
sinking
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

I get your point. Really, I do. But, I thought that I was at a "vegan party". Apparently not.
Then it's like telling everyone your black bean burger recipe to the same people at the party several times.
The following users liked this post:
manifold danger (07-30-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 04:30 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 859 Posts

Don't worry too much about it. For some people where buying this car is hardly a second thought or just the next one in their car journey, the excitement that others give off can sometimes just bug them as they don't feel the same way.

That being said I totally see and match your excitement. My GT4 will be my first Porsche ever and I feel so lucky being able to get an allocation in May. I'm jealous of your 15k ADM but I'm just happy im going to be getting a car
Ken in San Diego (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 04:38 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Don't worry too much about it. For some people where buying this car is hardly a second thought or just the next one in their car journey, the excitement that others give off can sometimes just bug them as they don't feel the same way.

That being said I totally see and match your excitement. My GT4 will be my first Porsche ever and I feel so lucky being able to get an allocation in May. I'm jealous of your 15k ADM but I'm just happy im going to be getting a car
Actually, I am a commercial real estate broker. I deal with rich and entitled people all day, every day. But, just for this forum, I was a bit surprised at the number of snobby people that are hitting back at me just for the quantity and excitement of my posts. Whatever, again it does not bother me at all. Just surprised.

As for you, CONGRATS! Literally a dream come true for you I am sure. And for both of us, even paying ADM is annoying, but I personally think these cars will at least hold there value moving forward (even with the ADM). I have a side hustle working in the EV industry, and there is a tsunami of EVs coming in the next 2-4 years. A new battery technology (solid state batteries) is about to come to market that 1) will be cheaper, 2) increase distance, and 3) have faster charging times. Our GT cars will be in high demand in the years to come as a result, especially with the 718 line going all electric in 2025 (which we all already know).
Xxyion (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 05:25 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
More are coming... it's just a matter of when. No more allocations for production in the 2022 calendar year doesn't mean no more allocations will be assigned in the 2022 calendar year... I'm hearing more are being assigned/distributed for production in the new year. I'm fine with this because that means spring delivery! Perfect timing. My dealer is confident I am getting one... where a few months ago he was the complete opposite.
this may be a difficult question to answer, but what makes your dealer confident that you'll get one now compared to a few months ago? It sounds like you have a good relationship with your dealer so I'm sure they aren't giving you the runaround. Most signs just point to 718 production slowing down, so I'm curious if you or your dealer know something different!
Old 07-29-2022, 07:57 PM
SpyderPlease
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, I am a commercial real estate broker. I deal with rich and entitled people all day, every day. But, just for this forum, I was a bit surprised at the number of snobby people that are hitting back at me just for the quantity and excitement of my posts. Whatever, again it does not bother me at all. Just surprised.

As for you, CONGRATS! Literally a dream come true for you I am sure. And for both of us, even paying ADM is annoying, but I personally think these cars will at least hold there value moving forward (even with the ADM). I have a side hustle working in the EV industry, and there is a tsunami of EVs coming in the next 2-4 years. A new battery technology (solid state batteries) is about to come to market that 1) will be cheaper, 2) increase distance, and 3) have faster charging times. Our GT cars will be in high demand in the years to come as a result, especially with the 718 line going all electric in 2025 (which we all already know).
Hey man, remember that there are all sorts of people on this board - some helpful, others not so much. While I share your excitement (got an allocation with the help of a member here) and I'm jealous of your adm, some people just get snarky when they see the same thing in different threads. Excited for the both of us, and can't wait to see pics!
Old 07-29-2022, 07:59 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,498 Likes on 2,253 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
this may be a difficult question to answer, but what makes your dealer confident that you'll get one now compared to a few months ago? It sounds like you have a good relationship with your dealer so I'm sure they aren't giving you the runaround. Most signs just point to 718 production slowing down, so I'm curious if you or your dealer know something different!
I can't speak for the other member, by my two cents on this is that North American taps have been almost cut off for the 718 since February. So they'll want to address demand, plus they're making the car in the over flow plant (next year?).
n4v4nod (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 08:50 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by SpyderPlease
Hey man, remember that there are all sorts of people on this board - some helpful, others not so much. While I share your excitement (got an allocation with the help of a member here) and I'm jealous of your adm, some people just get snarky when they see the same thing in different threads. Excited for the both of us, and can't wait to see pics!
Thanks man. Yeah, I will post some pictures.

Also, congrats on your allocation, and I am glad to hear that a member here assisted you. I am in "sales", so for me, I applied my nature skills to go after what I wanted. But, I was really just lucky too...
Old 07-29-2022, 09:06 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 924 Likes on 368 Posts

lol know this life. Was on the Capital markets side, but not a broker.

Actually, I am a commercial real estate broker. I deal with rich and entitled people all day, every day.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker