Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4/Spyder Colours Photo Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 12:42 AM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
..........just that two very strong colours on close proximity battle for your attention, I think the reason the red Classic Interior only looks good when paired to an exterior a subdued shade like white, silver, black.
Understand. Would be cool to see one in flesh; but, may never happen. I don't think anyone would dare to spec it!!

Originally Posted by idk_alex
I dig it, dare to be different!!
I'm fine with being different. However, it needs to be tasteful! Thanks for the vote! Need to think this through!
Old 03-26-2020, 01:13 AM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

That yellow with red interior looks like a car pee-pants the inebriated hobo clown would drive
Old 03-26-2020, 01:35 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 934 Posts

Makes me think of this car:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-cayman-r-3/
Old 03-27-2020, 12:24 AM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Underblu
That yellow with red interior looks like a car pee-pants the inebriated hobo clown would drive
Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Ouch! You guys are brutal!! Here is something to help "unsee" the previous attempt!

The following users liked this post:
Underblu (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 05:18 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,693 Likes on 2,731 Posts

Originally Posted by the_rider
Ouch! You guys are brutal!! Here is something to help "unsee" the previous attempt!

One of my early Spyder specs was like this, the non-red interior really tones it down as opposed to red.

Sorry if I missed it, are you in the process of deciding on a pec or just messin' about?
Old 03-27-2020, 11:49 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

............are you in the process of deciding on a pec or just messin' about?
I'm getting the Spyder. But, I passed up the #1 spot and slid myself down the list. The plan was to wait for the PTS. However, it is now near-certain that PTS isn't coming! So, I now plan to get the last MY, which I thought might be '22. But, it looks increasingly likely that '21 might be the last full year; '22 might be truncated, if at all. The next gen platform (hybrid and plug-in) might show up in '22. However, with the pandemic and the synchronized global slow down, all bets are off. So, I might pull the trigger next year. I just need to resist the temptation of 992 GT3!!
wdr911 (03-30-2020)
Old 03-28-2020, 02:03 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'm getting the Spyder. But, I passed up the #1 spot and slid myself down the list. The plan was to wait for the PTS. However, it is now near-certain that PTS isn't coming! So, I now plan to get the last MY, which I thought might be '22. But, it looks increasingly likely that '21 might be the last full year; '22 might be truncated, if at all. The next gen platform (hybrid and plug-in) might show up in '22. However, with the pandemic and the synchronized global slow down, all bets are off. So, I might pull the trigger next year. I just need to resist the temptation of 992 GT3!!
Ahh yes there are some nice alternatives out there, the 992 GT3 would be a heck of a car, but not all like a Spyder.

I wondered about my early order with the possibility of a multiple year run for the GT4/Spyder, but decided if nothing really changes during that run then the cars will essentially be the same other the date of manufacture and in my case I am not buying to flip simply enjoy and the longer I can do that the happier I will be! For me the timing of getting out of my 2016 Boxster GTS was timed for a spring delivery of a Spyder which we all know now was not the case, now a delivery early summer would still be awesome!

Fingers crossed things get straightened out soon for all of us in the world.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:35 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Ahh yes there are some nice alternatives out there, the 992 GT3 would be a heck of a car, but not all like a Spyder.

I wondered about my early order with the possibility of a multiple year run for the GT4/Spyder, but decided if nothing really changes during that run then the cars will essentially be the same other the date of manufacture ................
Agree; GT3 and Spyder are in completely different categories. Since I plan to keep the 981, getting GT3 in lieu of 982 could be tempting. However, 982 Spyder fixed one glaring issue that previous gens had: it's now a GT product! I have always wanted an open top GT car which it is now; and, also happens to be based on an iconic bespoke roadster! So, it's a done deal!

As for the production run, I'm really hoping that it runs up to '22. Longer the run, better it gets, thanks to defect-fixes and stuff. But, realistically, possibly until '21. But, with the global pandemic, their product life cycle could be pushed out a bit.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:48 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 68 Posts

Can you elaborate on the source claiming there will not be PTS down the line? I was in the same boat waiting on PTS, I vowed my next car will not be grayscale but the color palate offered is unimpressive
Old 03-31-2020, 11:13 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Agree; GT3 and Spyder are in completely different categories. Since I plan to keep the 981, getting GT3 in lieu of 982 could be tempting. However, 982 Spyder fixed one glaring issue that previous gens had: it's now a GT product! I have always wanted an open top GT car which it is now; and, also happens to be based on an iconic bespoke roadster! So, it's a done deal!

As for the production run, I'm really hoping that it runs up to '22. Longer the run, better it gets, thanks to defect-fixes and stuff. But, realistically, possibly until '21. But, with the global pandemic, their product life cycle could be pushed out a bit.
I was going to get the 981 Spyder but was not happy that it did not have the credentials (or chassis) of the GT family so I agree with what you say, now that is available as an open top GT car I am in and waiting!
spyderphile (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 11:16 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mslam02
Can you elaborate on the source claiming there will not be PTS down the line? I was in the same boat waiting on PTS, ............
Here is the confirmation I got from the sales manager for MY20:

He also mentioned that he got the confirmation from the chain up that PTS is not gonna be offered for the entire run. But then, with Porsche, there is always an element of unpredictability, on some variables. Someone posted the production of Spyder is going to be moved to Stuttgart. So, that might open up the possibility. However, there may not be much runway in terms of production schedule to facilitate PTS. So, I have given up and ready to settle for a non-PTS color.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:27 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 68 Posts

Here is the confirmation I got from the sales manager for MY20:

He also mentioned that he got the confirmation from the chain up that PTS is not gonna be offered for the entire run. But then, with Porsche, there is always an element of unpredictability, on some variables. Someone posted the production of Spyder is going to be moved to Stuttgart. So, that might open up the possibility. However, there may not be much runway in terms of production schedule to facilitate PTS. So, I have given up and ready to settle for a non-PTS color.
Thank you for this info, I suppose from a business POV, the limited run vehicle situation does make sense that custom run PTS would be too much of a hassle. Here's to hoping the Stuttgart scenario changes things, but seems i shouldn't hold my breath...
Old 04-02-2020, 12:24 AM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, you would be wiser not holding out. If you get an allocation, run with it. But, given the market conditions of present and 6-9 months ahead, getting an allocation shouldn't be an issue. However, I expect a mad rush for allocations in '21 though.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mslam02
Thank you for this info, I suppose from a business POV, the limited run vehicle situation does make sense that custom run PTS would be too much of a hassle. Here's to hoping the Stuttgart scenario changes things, but seems i shouldn't hold my breath...
A number of sources have stated that the 718 Spyder has always been built in Zuffenhausen and the GT4 in Osnabruck...
Old 04-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Yellow Submarine
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

From a GT3... what do you folks think about the yellow inserts on the buckets? I like them. But you'd need to do the same for the steering wheel, which means swapping it all together. Not sure how the seat inserts come off, I hope the bolts on the back are not fake like those on the steering wheel?

Quick Reply: 718 GT4/Spyder Colours Photo Thread...