Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4/Spyder Colours Photo Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 11:05 PM
EYEHAVEYOU
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by swagon
Wow, ZCP with manual seats!
You know your Ms. It’s a slicktop too, only option other than ZCP is xenons

Debating selling it and my cayman r to help fund a 718 GT4 purchase.

Originally Posted by FazedChicken
This is the spec I plan on ordering once PDK comes out Minus the PCCB though. Other top contender is lizard green with the gold wheels if that becomes available.
I’m a big fan of that spec as well, have been playing around with it in the configurator. Feel it needs black calipers if you don’t get PCCB though, red just looks strange next to Miami blue imo
Old 03-01-2020, 03:49 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by EYEHAVEYOU
You know your Ms. It’s a slicktop too, only option other than ZCP is xenons

Debating selling it and my cayman r to help fund a 718 GT4 purchase.
I wouldnt if I were you, unless you want to consolidate down to 1 car
Old 03-02-2020, 01:41 PM
EYEHAVEYOU
Instructor

Originally Posted by idk_alex
I wouldnt if I were you, unless you want to consolidate down to 1 car
Still debating it as I absolutely love both cars (and how analog they are by modern standards), but the main appeal would be going down to just one car - I live in Manhattan and dealing with two cars is a bit of a headache. Also European delivery as an experience is very appealing. I think the 718 GT4 might be one of the last modern cars that actually interests me - really dislike how there are so many screens, digital gauges etc. in newer vehicles - so perhaps my last chance to buy something new that excites me.
The following users liked this post:
wcw67 (03-12-2020)
Old 03-02-2020, 03:08 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Still debating it as I absolutely love both cars (and how analog they are by modern standards), but the main appeal would be going down to just one car - I live in Manhattan and dealing with two cars is a bit of a headache. Also European delivery as an experience is very appealing. I think the 718 GT4 might be one of the last modern cars that actually interests me - really dislike how there are so many screens, digital gauges etc. in newer vehicles - so perhaps my last chance to buy something new that excites me.
I totally understand where you are coming from. I also live in NYC and find the 718 appealing for Euro Delivery aspects.

Have you driven a 981 GT4 before? I was a bit let down when I drove it back to back vs my 987.2.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:25 PM
EYEHAVEYOU
Instructor

I totally understand where you are coming from. I also live in NYC and find the 718 appealing for Euro Delivery aspects.

Have you driven a 981 GT4 before? I was a bit let down when I drove it back to back vs my 987.2.
Once, about 3 years ago - took out Classic Car Club Manhattan's one and drove around Bear Mountain/Harriman. I remember enjoying it (other than never leaving 2nd gear, but our 987.2s aren't *that* much better as far as gearing), however this was before I had my 987.2. CCC has a 718 GT4 ordered so I plan to drive theirs before I ultimately make my own decision. Will try to have a friend take my car along for the drive so I can swap back and forth to compare directly, it's a good idea.

In the Cayman R FB group there are a few people who have upgraded to GT4s and either regret it or have swapped back, but others that are happy - just comes down to personal pref.

Also, hello to a fellow NYer!
Old 03-02-2020, 05:23 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Once, about 3 years ago - took out Classic Car Club Manhattan's one and drove around Bear Mountain/Harriman. I remember enjoying it (other than never leaving 2nd gear, but our 987.2s aren't *that* much better as far as gearing), however this was before I had my 987.2. CCC has a 718 GT4 ordered so I plan to drive theirs before I ultimately make my own decision. Will try to have a friend take my car along for the drive so I can swap back and forth to compare directly, it's a good idea.

In the Cayman R FB group there are a few people who have upgraded to GT4s and either regret it or have swapped back, but others that are happy - just comes down to personal pref.

Also, hello to a fellow NYer!
Not to derail this thread but once Spring is full force we should hit a Bear Mountain run!
Underblu (03-02-2020)
Old 03-02-2020, 06:22 PM
EYEHAVEYOU
Instructor

Not to derail this thread but once Spring is full force we should hit a Bear Mountain run!
Will PM you my contact info

Now to keep the thread on track, here's a photo of a Gentian Blue one. Really torn on this color, I've seen it a few times in person on a 992. In direct sunlight I love it, however at night it just seems very muted. Yet somehow the metallic flake is even more noticeable at night, has way more flake that most metallic paint I've seen - my gf even commented that it looked like the car was covered in glitter (not a fan).

Silver wheels + PCCB are just perfect on this one:

The following 3 users liked this post by EYEHAVEYOU:
Mcx (03-04-2020), n4v4nod (03-02-2020), wcw67 (03-12-2020)
Old 03-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,693 Likes on 2,731 Posts

Will PM you my contact info

Now to keep the thread on track, here's a photo of a Gentian Blue one. Really torn on this color, I've seen it a few times in person on a 992. In direct sunlight I love it, however at night it just seems very muted. Yet somehow the metallic flake is even more noticeable at night, has way more flake that most metallic paint I've seen - my gf even commented that it looked like the car was covered in glitter (not a fan).

Silver wheels + PCCB are just perfect on this one:

Reminds me of Candy Apple Red, the Blue version... Just a little too much for me, it is a beautiful colour but I am not sure I want it on my car.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:51 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Yeah, not a fan of that Gentian blue. Way too much flop in it for me.

Not a fan of silver wheels on a dark color car either; too much contrast. Makes everything look a bit too garish, particularly on a strong color like that.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:39 PM
orclean1
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 62 Posts

both Miami Blue with gold wheels and all black are perfect
Old 03-02-2020, 09:43 PM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

Silver wheels on a dark color car is classic. Thankfully, the overdone trend of black wheels particularly with dark colored cars seems to be abating
The following 3 users liked this post by Underblu:
EYEHAVEYOU (03-02-2020), masti99 (03-03-2020), triode (03-03-2020)
Old 03-02-2020, 11:08 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

Had silver Wheels on my Nero Ferrari and sapphire Blue Cayman GTS - can’t wait to get my black rims on the GT4 Spyder. Ordered the G Blue - seen it person several times now - love it. I liked that colour combo on 458 and McLaren 650. I liked how classy it makes car look and as a keeper for me - happy I got it. Age has something to do with it as well . I hope people keep slagging it as a colour and the black rims and don’t order the Blue - makes mine more unique and less likely of seeing another. The nice part about having choice is that there will be multiple colours of Spyders. Colour choice is always the most difficult and on any car is always subjective and the only person who has to love it is you. Shade of blue on this CGT is pretty close.

Nice blue CGT
masti99 (03-03-2020)
Old 03-03-2020, 10:12 AM
Jay77
Instructor

Received 132 Likes on 53 Posts

I loved the Gentian Blue in the photos I saw, and was planning on ordering it. But, when I went to my dealer to spec the Spyder they had one Gentian blue 911 outside, and I was very disappointed with the color. In all fairness, it was an overcast day, and the car was not very clean. But, even still, I could barely see any metallic flake, and the color just wasn't what I was expecting. I'm sure I would have felt differently if it were spotless and in the showroom under fluorescent lights. But, seeing it in a worst case real world scenario scared me away. I'm probably going to regret my decision when I see a couple around nice and shiny.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:25 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay77
I loved the Gentian Blue in the photos I saw, and was planning on ordering it. But, when I went to my dealer to spec the Spyder they had one Gentian blue 911 outside, and I was very disappointed with the color. In all fairness, it was an overcast day, and the car was not very clean. But, even still, I could barely see any metallic flake, and the color just wasn't what I was expecting. I'm sure I would have felt differently if it were spotless and in the showroom under fluorescent lights. But, seeing it in a worst case real world scenario scared me away. I'm probably going to regret my decision when I see a couple around nice and shiny.
Same here....I saw it in the configurator and thought that's what I'm going with. However having seen it in person it doesn't look good to me. Not sure how to describe my issue with it but it takes on light funny giving it an uneven appearance of sorts.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:52 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay77
GB was my SA fave when I saw it on a sunny day 992 it was way more purple than I expected but gave it a classy look. Went MB but hey some feel its to green

Quick Reply: 718 GT4/Spyder Colours Photo Thread...