Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

982 GT4 Spyder?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 05:53 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Took the swatch near a night blue and there was a sapphire swatch too. In between is the best I can say. Not dark almost black like night blue but not bright like sapphire. Sort of a metallic Bali Blue is the best way I would describe it.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

gen·tian
/ˈjen(t)SH(ə)n/

noun
noun: gentian; plural noun: gentians
  1. a plant of temperate and mountainous regions, typically with violet or vivid blue trumpet-shaped flowers. Many kinds are cultivated as ornamentals, especially as arctic alpines, and some are of medicinal use.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:55 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

What do you guys think about Guards Red with Spyder Classic Interior? Too much red? Would being two-tone make it work?

Or, go black with red stitching?

Old 06-20-2019, 09:02 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,705 Likes on 937 Posts

Two different reds... One is darker than the other
Old 06-20-2019, 09:04 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

One of those things that's just ok, imo. If the leather were a brighter red it would work better.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:40 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Received 829 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by the_rider
What do you guys think about Guards Red with Spyder Classic Interior? Too much red? Would being two-tone make it work?

I like the red on red better than I expected. The black seat centres still provide some contrast. Just make sure the top is still back for a red car.

Personally, I’ll be getting a GT Silver car with a red top, red/black interior, and red caliper steel brakes.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:50 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Black with red stitching. The other one is just too much red.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:52 PM
topwater
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I signed an allocation agreement 5/18 and was told that I was third on the list but they would not run my card until production was confirmed. Today the dealer told me that my sales guy is gone and some one will call me tomorrow. I told the salesman to pull the trigger on the deal now, but it didn’t happen. If this is not a limited production car, why the red tape? Am I fixing to get screwed?
Old 06-20-2019, 09:54 PM
topwater
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JAhmed
Sounds like you need a Cayenne Turbo
Ouch, ouch, you are brutal dude
Old 06-20-2019, 10:28 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

I have a Guards red -- I think the classic spyder interior would be way too much, and different reds. Not a great fit at all IMO.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:32 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by topwater
I signed an allocation agreement 5/18 and was told that I was third on the list but they would not run my card until production was confirmed. Today the dealer told me that my sales guy is gone and some one will call me tomorrow. I told the salesman to pull the trigger on the deal now, but it didn’t happen. If this is not a limited production car, why the red tape? Am I fixing to get screwed?
No idea what that allocation agreement says or your relationship with your dealer. You haven't given them any money, so I don't see how you could be getting screwed. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept you on the list and then when it came time for production decided that the car was now MSRP + $25k though.

I mean come on man, dealers are trying to charge $30,000 over sticker for Jeep Gladiators, which they will build 100k a year of. We have a lot of shady dealers out there. Tough to find a good one that will be up front and honest, let alone one that also will charge MSRP and stick to it. Profit over everything, for most of these orgs.

If you let us know what the allocation agreement says, maybe we can let you know a bit more about how to handle the situation you are in.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:36 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the suggestions, gentlemen.

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Two different reds... One is darker than the other
Don't you think different shades of red actually provide a contrast?

Originally Posted by Selo
One of those things that's just ok, imo. If the leather were a brighter red it would work better.
"Just ok" shouldn't be good enough! :-) It needs to be near-perfect! But, there lies the problem: lack of decent palette to choose from!

Originally Posted by wizee
I like the red on red better than I expected. The black seat centres still provide some contrast. Just make sure the top is still back for a red car.

Personally, I’ll be getting a GT Silver car with a red top, red/black interior, and red caliper steel brakes.
Agree; looks better than it should. Being two-tone gives a decent contrast. Yes, the top needs to be black. Alternatively, your exact config is also in the play. Well, we don't have many combinations to play with, do we?

Originally Posted by hf1
Black with red stitching. The other one is just too much red.
Also agree. Black with red accents would be appropriate. All my vehicles have had black interiors. I regretted not getting Spyder Classic Interior with 981. And, I really dig that two-tone styling. Just trying different exterior colors to make it work. Other option would be Carrara White Metallic. But, Guards Red accentuates the lines better than other offered-colors.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:46 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by guab
I have a Guards red -- I think the classic spyder interior would be way too much, and different reds. Not a great fit at all IMO.
Thanks, guab. Should heed to your experience. Do you enjoy having the Guards Red? Or, did it make you feel that you wished it was a different color? To me, the color is all-too important. Don't wanna screw it up!
Old 06-20-2019, 10:48 PM
topwater
Intermediate

Money is not the issue, I sent him a copy of the allocation agreement that I signed and faxed to them over a year ago. I told him to pull the trigger on the deal. He said some one will call me tomorrow. It was close to closing time, but wow. Seldom have I seen such nonchalance in a sales force.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:54 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Dammit. That's a deal breaker for me. I was interested in the dark blue depicted in the configurator.
If you look at the picture/background used in the Configurator for Gentian Blue, the sky is overcast with subdued lighting. That would impact how it looks.

Quick Reply: 982 GT4 Spyder?