Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 03:31 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm on the phone with Porsche right now, since I never received a reply when I contact them via email last week (from my Porsche account). Dealer says they cannot do anything. Porsche just told me they cannot locate that car, which is really weird. Their system throws the same error I'm getting. I'm on hold right now, so will update the gang when I'm done. Wish me luck. Ha ha.

EDIT: Porsche finally located my car, and assigned it to me, so all is well in that regard. However, ETA shows as 12/22/24, which I hope is dead wrong, but we'll see. There's ZERO detail on my computer.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-16-2024 at 03:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kram71 (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,509 Likes on 841 Posts

Originally Posted by JCtx
I'm on the phone with Porsche right now, since I never received a reply when I contact them via email last week (from my Porsche account). Dealer says they cannot do anything. Porsche just told me they cannot locate that car, which is really weird. Their system throws the same error I'm getting. I'm on hold right now, so will update the gang when I'm done. Wish me luck. Ha ha.

EDIT: Porsche finally located my car, and assigned it to me, so all is well in that regard. However, ETA shows as 12/22/24, which I hope is dead wrong, but we'll see. There's ZERO detail on my computer.
I think the ETA is the furthest date out possible. I am not sure why they decided to do this but a change was made in TYD about a month ago and a bunch of us all of a sudden saw almost 2 months added to our ETA's and a wide range of dates for each step. Myself my projected delivery date was between June 29th and October 15th. which is pretty nuts. The reality is i'll probably get my car in September because it decided to hop on a ship with the longest route imaginable, but had it got loaded onto a ship like the Crystal Ray i would have taken delivery closer to my original ETA which was July 23rd.

Theres a chance your delivery is probably going to be closer to October or November.
Kram71 (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 04:43 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

The funny thing is my account now shows a map with ship route from Emden, directly to Freeport. Yeah, right! It probably makes stops like a FedEx delivery van. Ha ha. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but at this point, I have almost zero confidence my car will arrive by its original ETA of late September. Unfortunately, your prediction is probably the most likely one. I thought Porsche was a little more selective on which ships were best to ship their cars in, but guess not. If there's another ship behind, which should take significantly less time to get to the ultimate destination, why not wait for that one instead? I assumed Porsche had a smart logistics team, and not just put cars on the first ship available, but that might not be the case, from the stories I've been reading here lately. Oh well.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-16-2024 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-16-2024, 06:29 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

The funny thing is my account now shows a map with ship route from Emden, directly to Freeport. Yeah, right! It probably makes stops like a FedEx delivery van. Ha ha. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but at this point, I have almost zero confidence my car will arrive by its original ETA of late September. Unfortunately, your prediction is probably the most likely one. I thought Porsche was a little more selective on which ships were best to ship their cars in, but guess not. If there's another ship behind, which should take significantly less time to get to the ultimate destination, why not wait for that one instead? I assumed Porsche had a smart logistics team, and not just put cars on the first ship available, but that might not be the case, from the stories I've been reading here lately. Oh well.
Actually i think thats the issue. They DONT put cars on the first ships available which is usually the cause for delay. I think TX Shaggy said that there were certain ships designed to carry specific cars so i think that might have something to do with it. Had my car got on the first ship available it probably would have been on the Crystal Ray or the ship before it and i'd be either driving my car already or about to take delivery within the next week or so. I wouldnt be surprised if the more expensive the car, the more picky Porsche is about what cars get on what ships.
Old 07-17-2024, 03:02 PM
b4udoo
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Awesome. Congrats. Where do you live? And which dealer? And yes, I bet they will travel together, since they seem to be on the same batch that starts production 7/16. And even the El Paso cars arrive at Freeport, so wherever in TX you are, it should arrive there as well. Hey, we can go break them in together in the Hill Country. Ha ha.
I live in Missouri, and through a connection, I'm doing business with Porsche Dallas. yes that break in period will have to go asap. No updates on my production dates etc. I'm hoping we can get our cars built before the annual vacation/shut down.
Old 07-17-2024, 03:38 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

I think they HAVE to be built before the shutdown, since after the shutdown, Porsche reportedly starts building 2025s. But somebody please correct me if that's wrong. Having said that, we could still get our freaking cars towards the end of the year, so it'll all depend on the shipping situation. Hope we all can catch a break on that front, but we'll see. Also no update on my car at all, so we're on the same 'boat'. According to the 'Porsche Sales and Vehicle Management System' salesman sent me like a week ago, my car is supposed to enter the body shop today, with code V260. But I won't have a chance to check until I come back from a 2-day motorcycle camp at Barber, where thunderstorms are forecasted all freaking weekend, so hope that's enough of a bad luck for this year. Ha ha.
laurenxesq (07-22-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 06:34 PM
laurenxesq
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Spree17
The Track Your Dream App has step/phases. My 4th step The manufacturing process of your Porsche has now started was supposed to be on July 15th but there is no check mark by it. All the first 3 steps have check marks by them. I wonder if that means it is delayed.
My build was suppose to start the manufacturing process on July 9. Got delayed to July 16. Just received the update yesterday morning.

Last edited by laurenxesq; 07-18-2024 at 06:36 PM.
Kram71 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 07:07 PM
Kram71
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Happy 7-18 day everyone! 😊
The following 2 users liked this post by Kram71:
darlinboy (07-20-2024), laurenxesq (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 08:22 PM
laurenxesq
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts

Happy 7-18 day everyone! 😊
That's a great one!
Kram71 (07-19-2024)
Old 07-19-2024, 11:02 PM
bobcooper
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default First new porsche

Actually first car I’ve ever ordered. Cayman S. Just hit milestone 2 (freeze date). Should I expect any communication of any type during this process?
Kram71 (07-19-2024)
Old 07-19-2024, 11:22 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,831 Likes on 2,163 Posts

Originally Posted by bobcooper
Actually first car I’ve ever ordered. Cayman S. Just hit milestone 2 (freeze date). Should I expect any communication of any type during this process?
Do you have a My Porsche account and TYD? You can self monitor.

Rest really depends on your SA. Mine usually sends me a note once a month or so.

Congrats!
Kram71 (07-19-2024)
Old 07-19-2024, 11:27 PM
bobcooper
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Do you have a My Porsche account and TYD? You can self monitor.

Rest really depends on your SA. Mine usually sends me a note once a month or so.

Congrats!
yes I have the app and can track the process. In fact it just changed state to step 2.
Kram71 (07-19-2024)
Old 07-20-2024, 02:06 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by bobcooper
yes I have the app and can track the process. In fact it just changed state to step 2.
other than maybe an email from Porsche it depends on your SA if they are big on communication. My SA basically didnt talk to me for months as i was waiting for the car to built. He did respond when i emailed him but for the most part he just assumed i'd track it myself which is what i prefer.
Kram71 (07-20-2024)
Old 07-20-2024, 05:24 PM
Kram71
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm a patient guy and had no problem with the first month wait but the last two days I have wanted my new car to get here lol. 😊
Old 07-20-2024, 05:39 PM
b4udoo
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Waiting waiting waiting

I'm a patient guy and had no problem with the first month wait but the last two days I have wanted my new car to get here lol. 😊
I contacted my dealer and awaiting PSVMS update. I'm of the opinion our cars are going to be built very soon if not under construction now. I'll let you know what I find out.
Kram71 (07-20-2024)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.