Sponsored by:

1965 Porsche 356C Coupe Fully Restored into Outlaw

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor - Before and After

Well I have a photograph to share with everyone, in fact I want to share two of them, the first photograph I received of the motor and the motor as it sits today. WOW! I am very excited. The car will be moved over to the Testing Stand early next week and we will get ignition for the first time in nearly 25 years! Had to share right away with all my friends who are following.

Have a great weekend,
Shane
Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Better than new!!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:46 PM
96 993
Advanced

Shane– you are a true maniac. What an awesome job you are doing with this nasty outlaw. I love the way you're working the white in with the silver and black. It is so cool. The way you have blended your perspective with what's original is done so tastefully. It's a real treat for all of us that you continue to take the time to document your process so beautifully and then post it for all to enjoy. Great shots. Great story. Great car. Makes us all jealous. –Bradley
Old 01-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default Track Day Set January 22nd, 2011 Harris Hill Road

How are you? In fact, the car is complete, I travel to Martindale this Friday January 21st to see the car for the first time and Saturday is Track Day at www.harrishillroad.com, I cannot wait, see pictures below, you can see more pictures at:

www.hamiltonclassics.com/Balkowitsch.com
www.btinet.net/~sharoncol/porsche356.htm

Thanks to all for following my build. I have hired a professional motorsports photographer for the weekend to capture the arrival a track day, I will be sure to share photographs, all the support drom the members have been great.

Thanks,
Shane

Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! looks awesome, have fun at the track!!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Taxi?
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shane,

I just saw your thread. Congratulations on having your rebuild finished. We live in such a "use it and throw it away" society that it's great to see someone like yourself who takes the time and effort to keep something from the past alive. Do you mind if I ask what your approximate total cost was? Thanks.

Jeff
Old 01-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Jadz928
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 78 Posts

Shane,
This whole restoration is amazing! I just spent the whole evening catching up on your adventure.
The was\y you have told this story is fantastic and engaging. I will consider a similar format for my own restoration effort.

Your high level of design asthetic is apparent, along with your attention to detail.
Love the eagle shift ****, GT mirror, Speedster buckets, Spyder plate hanger... I could go on and on.
Everything is very cohesive. Only thing throwing me off is the front badge and handle.

You should rotate the tach to redline 12:00, like McQueen did... since it's clear you summoned all other Porsche gods for this Outlaw!

Congratulation on a successful superior build. Hope you drive this **** out of it this summer!

PS. Thanks for the lead on the H3G billet mount

Last edited by Jadz928; 01-28-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default We are Done

I am very excited to report that we have finished our project and last weekend was track day,

You can also view the video of the first 2 minutes of me being in the car, the car is spectacular and I am a very fortunate man. Would love any feedback.

http://webhost.btinet.net/~sharoncol/Shanefirstride.m4v

We were as giddy as two school girls, my best friend who accompanied me on the trip to Martindale Texas used his phone to take this video, laughing and smiles all around!

Thanks for your support and following,
Shane

Last edited by Balkowitsch; 01-28-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default Moments after the Unveil

Here is a picture of Bill and I that he posted on his website, this is minutes after he revealed the car to me.

Thanks everyone for all of the support, you guys and gals have been great. As I have discussed many times this process has been a dream come true. Next mission is to drive the car with much conviction and at a swift pace all over North Dakota when it comes back in May. Thanks for continuing to follow my Saga.

Thanks,
Shane

[/img]
Old 02-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default First Video from Harris Hill Road

I am very excited to share with everyone the first of 2 videos that we have coming from our Track Day at Harris Hill Road. I am driving the car in this video with my good friend Tom Lamphear riding shotgun. We were not pushing the car, just trying to not hit a Ferrari or another Porsche or run into the back of the Chase Car where the video was taken from. It was a blast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35kN5Htguc0

I will have another video shortly of Bill and his Fast Lap!

Thanks,
Shane
Old 02-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default 2nd Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By3oWHV8jqo

Above is the second video I promised you, Bill Hamilton is taking a fast lap at Harris Hill Road and Kevin Marriner is doing the video by hand. Very cool.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Bham993
Intermediate

Wow! Is this the quality of posts you 356 guys are used to? Glad I visited. Beautiful car and great story.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:44 PM
96 993
Advanced

Shane, what great shots. Your car turned out just awesome. Love the sound of it in the videos. Thanks for a wonderful thread. Hope it's to be continued...
Old 03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on completing your dream car Shane! It came out perfect in every way.

Just saw you and your car in the current 356 Registry magazine. Congrats again! Nice article for a great build endeavor. You deserve the recognition.

Thanks for saving one more 356. Hope you have many years of enjoyment with her. This is your reward.

Phil
Old 03-31-2011, 08:36 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

simple amazing!!!!!

Quick Reply: 1965 Porsche 356C Coupe Fully Restored into Outlaw