Sponsored by:

1965 Porsche 356C Coupe Fully Restored into Outlaw

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Compartment

How is everyone doing? Got a couple new photographs from Bill, his camera finger must be tired. He is focusing on the engine compartment and we have decided to us the stock product to line the compartment. He did have some extra Dynamat available and we decided to use it in the rear of the car under the sound deadening panels below, not that I do not want to hear the sound of my air cooled motor, just seemed like a good idea.

I think Bill is saying that it must be painted over. I have to be truly honest, I do not know much about what this should or should not look like in the Engine Compartment. Obviously I want a clean look, if anyone has any pictures of their engine compartment completed with similar stock product, would love to see them posted to give me a better idea.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 05-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default More Photos

Good afternoon, Bill was kind enough to click some more photographs for me. Very cool and high performance Carrillo Connecting Rods and Scat Crankshaft just arrived. I think Bill was a professional photographer in a previous life.

Thanks for following.
Shane
Old 05-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default Gauges

Very excited to have the gauges back from North Hollywood Speedometer, they do an excellent job over there. The gauges have been fully restored and the clock has a new more reliable quartz crystal. They look just like they did on the showroom floor back on February 19th, 1965. Since we have gone through the entire car I figured we would set the odometer back to 00000 so I can keep track of my mileage throughout the years to come.

Thanks for continuing to follow,
Shane
Old 05-25-2010, 07:57 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

It's looking good...... looking good.

You must be chomping at the bit
Old 05-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Looking good is not justice amazing. Been a month or so since I checked your progress. Getting closer to your first drive. I am jealous one day I hope to follow in your foot steps once I get these four kids thru college. One just finished first year youngest starting 8th grade so I am at least ten years behind you.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default Stebro Exhaust

Bill has the exhaust hanging on the wall awaiting installation. Dan over at Stebro did a Full Polish on the entire stainless exhaust and Bill says it looks more like a piece of art than something that hangs off the back of the car, he says it is one of the nicest exhaust systems he has seen for a 356. The four slanted tips sticking out the back is going to look pretty slick I think. The other upside to the Stebro is weight, it is about 14 pounds lighter than stock.

Thanks for following,
Shane
Old 06-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default Sexy Rear End

Just got a new photograph of the rear end of the car with the tail lights and backup light installed. Call me silly, but that rear end is as sexy as found on any super model, well not really, but you know what I mean, I have never been short of enthusiasm for my little 356.

Me and the wife taking the kids to Disneyland so take care everyone and will post more when we get back.

Thanks for following,
Shane
Old 06-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default New Photos

Bill and I are both going on a small vacation for a week, but he was kind enough to mock up the Spyder light housing for the rear end and the GT mirror as well. Very happy with the decision to paint the GT mirror the same color as the stripe. Bill was not convinced until he saw the idea in person and now it has grown on him. Posititioning the mirror was the key so that it is not just sitting out there on the fender but it is functional and I can use it as well.

Mick, one of Bill's team was kind enough to sit in the car with the old wheel in place giving me perspective. Mick and I are about the same size 5'8" tall so it gives me a good idea. He wanted to give the photograph a racers edge, so he put on his welding glasses so he looked like he was racing down the street. I have to tell you, never met Bill and his team but we are just having a great time together putting this little Porsche back together. I know I have said it before, but I cannot say enough nice things about what he is doing down in Texas with these beloved 356 cars. The spirit and care that is going into my car is truly appreciated.

So I hope you all enjoy the new photographs, I am off with the family to Disneyland for a few days, we are awaiting interior from Autos International and it should be arriving soon. I will give you an update when I return next week. In the meantime, thanks for following and everyone be safe driving your 356 cars.

Thanks again,
Shane
Old 06-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default Brake Calipers

Just a couple more photographs before the weekend. We have decided to paint the brake calipers in Porsche 911 Brake Caliper red. You will be able to see them through the MiniLite wheels we have purchased for the car.

Thanks for following. Custom interior is arriving from Autos International next week, can't wait to see it installed, have a great weekend.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default Interior in HERE!

Well I have great news, the interior has arrived from Autos International. Augustine has gone over the top with the all leather custom interior, it is beautiful and the thick white stitching accents make it my own, let me know what you think. Bill says the pictures do not do the quality and craftmanship justice. You will also notice a matching stick shift boot also accented with the thick white stitch, I am so excited.

Thanks for following,
Shane
Old 06-23-2010, 01:44 AM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Awesome update shots! You'll be happy you went completely ape**** with the dynomat install. I'm wishing we had a bit more sound deadening in ours, but c'est la vie.

And those seats look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default Headliner

The interior should be completely installed this week, a couple of photographs of the white headliner, no crayons for the kids in the back seat I would guess. Ha Ha.

From what I understand the stock headliner would have been an off white. Autos International was kind enough to do a custom color Pure White headliner so that it better matched the white dash. Can't wait to see the rest.

Thanks for following,
Shane
Old 06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default New Photos

I am just being flooded with pictures now of the car as assembly continues, below are some more to take in. The race tow hook is very nice and gives the car that race theme, Rennline has a real quality product. I have been holding my breath for my Dean Jeffries inspired Iron Cross torsion bar covers and they look amazing. My first thought was to have the cross painted all black, but now that I see the outline look it really has some nice subtle details. Having the the race stripe, GT mirror and torsion bar covers in the same has turned out pretty cool. You guys let me know what you think.

Thanks again for following,
Shane
Old 07-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default Speedster Seats

I am so excited about the new pictures I just received. Bill has installed the rail system and the Speedster seats and they look great. I just love the way the thick white stitch accents the entire interior. We are trying to decide on position for the fire extinguisher. Between the seats or in front of the shifter is the question of the day. This H3R race fire extinguisher has an optional billet mounting brace with a quick pin release that I purchased for it, really small little guy. Lets hope I never need to use it. Since the Speedster seats are narrower than the stock seats it does fit between the seats but not sure that it is not too cramped, I like the look up front of the shifter but not sure if it does not stand out too much up there. If anyone has an opinion or pictures of where they mounted a fire extinguisher in their 356, I would love to see them. Hope you enjoy the photographs.

Thanks for following, as always I welcome any input. One step closer to the dream coming true.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 07-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Balkowitsch
Advanced

Default Performance Parts

Just got a couple of photographs of the Nickie Cylinders (1883cc 90mm) and a JE Pistons, Bill is getting very artistic these days with his photographs, I keep teasing him that photography is in his blood. They sure do look pretty. But as we all know pretty does not matter when it comes to performance. I have no doubts they will live up to their reputation.

Thanks for continuing to follow,
Shane

PS: Maybe pictures of MiniLites and seats installed later today?

Quick Reply: 1965 Porsche 356C Coupe Fully Restored into Outlaw