REPLICA!!!!!!!!!! wide body questions, thanks

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:24 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover

Advertised on SpecialtyAuto.com (no affiliation)
...continued:

Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

SpecialtyAuto.com (no affiliation)

Old 04-10-2011, 05:32 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

SpecialtyAuto.com (no affiliation):

[/URL]
Old 05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Scorpion2

Maybe some of you find this interesting, I built this a couple years ago and have since sold it. I moved everything inboard, 993 brakes, 19"wheels in the back and 18" in the front. Made over 300hp on pump gas @ 10lbs of boost. This is my first post on here, cool forum.

Originally Posted by andy928

WOW
Originally Posted by brucec59

Holy crap! Have you posted on speedsterowners.com? Those guys would flip if they saw that!

Originally Posted by curve lover

Scorpion-- Luv to learn more. Please introduce yourself by sharing more about this & your talents. Anywhere on the web where there's already information about it or your similar projects?
Scorpion-- Standing by for your second-ever post.

In the meantime, you may be glad to know the ride you made is in the opening post of theSamba.com's 22+ page "Slammed 356 fest" thread:
Originally Posted by a-train

Anyone have any pics of slammed 356's/speedsters?

Not really slammed, but I like it.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:52 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

From theSamba.com's "Is this a real Speedster or a Kit?" thread:
Originally Posted by jetskibob

Is this a real Speedster or a Kit? The guy claims its real, I'm just curious?

Thanks

Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Judging by the e-brake handle it is a replica. Those wheels are too big. The rake, and thus the handling most likely, is not right.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:45 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Judging by the e-brake handle it is a replica. Those wheels are too big.
Bruce-- True, I think 19" wheels weren't introduced until the 912
Originally Posted by Scorpion2

I built this a couple years ago. 993 brakes, 19"wheels in the back and 18" in the front. This is my first post on here.

Holy crap! Have you posted on speedsterowners.com? Those guys would flip if they saw that!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:41 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

From the above-referenced theSamba.com "Is this a real Speedster or a Kit?" thread, where apparently RLer Scorpion2 = Vuitton356T:
Originally Posted by Vuitton356T

Sorry about the confusion, whenever peolpe ask I say it's a 57 speedster.
The conversation when saying its a kit car gets really boring. If I were to do these fabrications to a real one I would probably get sentenced to prison. Anyway the car is almost done, still got a couple of things to sort out, it is a Vintage Kit, fuel injecteion 2332 hybrid turbo set up, the works. 325hp.

Dont want anyone to think I am frontin

Old 06-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Amar525
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool
Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Amar147
Banned

Thannks for the good info.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:21 AM
Philip P
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a wide body rep that i would love to trade for a narrow style!!! Mine is built by CMC and I find that the construction is pretty good. It's the details to me that make this car. VDO gauges, steering wheels, rims, etc.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 PM
CBad308
Advanced

What are people getting into with these replicas?

~A

People buy them without really knowing what they're getting into, then they unload them after the thrill is gone.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:56 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

For most of them, they are getting into, essentially, a VW bug.

Many people have unrealistic expactations. They think these cars are like other "new" cars that they are accustomed to driving and owning. They fall in love with the look but don't realize that the driving experience is not at all like a modern car. Then they realize that actually have to have them tuned up periodically. Most have no A/C and weak heat. And they have no cats, so they smell. As in anything in life, when the reality doesn't live up to the expectations, it can only last so long. Disclaimer: not speaking from my own ownership experience, but from meeting and conversing with many owners.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Philip P
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For most of them, they are getting into, essentially, a VW bug.

Many people have unrealistic expactations. They think these cars are like other "new" cars that they are accustomed to driving and owning. They fall in love with the look but don't realize that the driving experience is not at all like a modern car. Then they realize that actually have to have them tuned up periodically. Most have no A/C and weak heat. And they have no cats, so they smell. As in anything in life, when the reality doesn't live up to the expectations, it can only last so long. Disclaimer: not speaking from my own ownership experience, but from meeting and conversing with many owners.
So essentially you're saying that 356 replica owners are a bunch of seat of the pants idiots that want to waste money and don't realize that these cars don't have modern features?

Do you think that getting into it, we didn't know it doesn't have AC? Or that it doesn't have a heater?

Wow I had no idea it didn't come with AC... Because I'm an idiot and an uninformed consumer...

Most people I know who own replicas love them. Most people I know who have real ones love them even more yet are jealous of the replicas reliability. These motors, for the most part, are extremely reliable and usually need very little tuning once setup.

If you like the car, do your due diligence and you will find out whether it is right for you. Don't rely on the testimony of someone who doesn't even own one.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Please dont' take my comments personally. You're putting words in my mouth; I certainly would never call you any of the names you ascribe to me. Of course most owners know what they're getting into, but there are many that let their emotions overtake logic in the purchasing decision. I wholeheartedly agree with your last statement about due diligence and finding what is right for you. That is in fact my point. Many people don't do that, and they find that the car is not right for them. Why do you think so many people unload their replicars after so few miles?

Quick Reply: REPLICA!!!!!!!!!! wide body questions, thanks