Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REPLICA!!!!!!!!!! wide body questions, thanks

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Mickfluff, if you're still alive check out this replica. Found it in SF craigslist. Think car is actually in Sacramento, probably in CL there also.

GL,
Phil

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1422859062.html
SF bay area craigslist > north bay > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner

1957 Porsche 356 Speedster GTR Widebody - $16900 (Sacramento)
Date: 2009-10-15, 11:32AM PDT
Reply to: see below

1957 Porsche 356 Speedster GTR Widebody

16,900 OBO – Cost a little over 30k to build – Current Registration, Title in Hand

Call for info 916-538-4868

Classic looking Speedster replica in great condition. This is a great car for someone looking for a weekend cruiser that will be fun, reliable, and won't break the bank. Amazing metallic Flake paint This car is a blast to drive and is very easy to maintain. It features:
1.9 liter 90hp engine, twin carb
Twin tip exhaust
4 Speed Transmission with 3:88 ring and pinion
AM/FM/CD Radio w/ 2 speakers and hidden antenna
Full Tonneau Cover (Black)
Old 11-29-2009, 04:57 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default missed it!

I have been busy with some other things and with winter here put the car search on hold.... but should have been checking back in here, I apologize...

Thanks so much for posting this but I missed it.... sounds like it would have been perfect... posting gone by now unfortuantely... but thanks again.

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Mickfluff, if you're still alive check out this replica. Found it in SF craigslist. Think car is actually in Sacramento, probably in CL there also.

GL,
Phil

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1422859062.html
SF bay area craigslist > north bay > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner

1957 Porsche 356 Speedster GTR Widebody - $16900 (Sacramento)
Date: 2009-10-15, 11:32AM PDT
Reply to: see below

1957 Porsche 356 Speedster GTR Widebody

16,900 OBO – Cost a little over 30k to build – Current Registration, Title in Hand

Call for info 916-538-4868

Classic looking Speedster replica in great condition. This is a great car for someone looking for a weekend cruiser that will be fun, reliable, and won't break the bank. Amazing metallic Flake paint This car is a blast to drive and is very easy to maintain. It features:
1.9 liter 90hp engine, twin carb
Twin tip exhaust
4 Speed Transmission with 3:88 ring and pinion
AM/FM/CD Radio w/ 2 speakers and hidden antenna
Full Tonneau Cover (Black)
Old 12-16-2009, 02:15 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
recent photograph from Laguna Seca's Historics
Old 12-16-2009, 07:29 AM
berzina123
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a replica 356 (example, vintage speedster or other) that offers a "wide body" look to their replica cars. The true 356's did not come as such as I believe you were so kind to elude to, so technically this would not be a true and accurate rendering of a 356 but a retro mod like version of a 356 in some ways. turbos
Old 01-04-2010, 07:30 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Currently FS in the Netherlands for €29.750. No affiliation.

AutoScout24's "Porsche 356 Speedster Replica 1.6"

Old 01-05-2010, 01:16 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Originally Posted by curve lover
Currently FS in the Netherlands for €29.750. No affiliation.
Sorry, that thing just looks goofy.

Phil
Old 02-02-2010, 12:12 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default its the wheels....

I agree, but I believe it's the wheels, I have no idea why they sell these giant chrome monster wheels on this car.... some old school fuchs, or other wheel more resmbling wheels from that era would work... but not these.

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Sorry, that thing just looks goofy.

Phil

Last edited by mickfluff; 02-02-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:04 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

I am going to make some real friends with this statement. They are ugly! They will always be ugly. Just like anything there is a segment of the population that likes certain things that look bad. They can't help it, its just what they like. Such as, ugly houses, clothes........you get the picture.

I like the Becks, but those go deeper than the body design. O.K lets have it .......I can take it.
My god........those things are ugly........
Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default too funny.....

I bet my house, my other cars, my watches, my wardrope, my other modded toys and even my wife all are light years ahead of yours my friend in appearance. You reply infers that I have bad taste and maybe it was just the way it was written.....

that said, you will likely get more support in your note specifically referring to the wide bodied retro like 356's as rennlist and this section is more a purist attraction, which is not a bad thing at all.... actually a great thing in many ways.

In Excellance magazine we have seen a multitude of resto-retro like 356's coupes and others... I would like something of the same. Not a vintage looking replica but a car that resembles the original but clearly not trying to pull of being the real thing.

We can still be friends

Originally Posted by cal44
I am going to make some real friends with this statement. They are ugly! They will always be ugly. Just like anything there is a segment of the population that likes certain things that look bad. They can't help it, its just what they like. Such as, ugly houses, clothes........you get the picture.

I like the Becks, but those go deeper than the body design. O.K lets have it .......I can take it.
My god........those things are ugly........
Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 AM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone is entitled (condemned?) to one's own taste - style is a kind of opinion. We might be wary of generalizing - it reflects as much on the observer as the observation. Minimizing personalization might be advisable. In my years of participating in the Porsche subculture in its many forms (I recall listening to an argument over how the name was pronounced in '61), I have concluded that the only certain thing we all share is interest in Porsches... anything beyond that may just be a pleasant bonus.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:54 AM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Mr. mickfluff,
If my writing inferred anything about you, then I have written poorly. That certainly was not my intent.
You guys are correct, I should have stayed on subject. I was making a generalization of the population.
Group hug?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:27 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Mr. mickfluff,
If my writing inferred anything about you, then I have written poorly. That certainly was not my intent.
You guys are correct, I should have stayed on subject. I was making a generalization of the population.
Group hug?
Nice save dude !!

Phil
Old 02-03-2010, 01:00 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default yes hug hug

My reply was a bit harsh and I apologize for that. Just completed a multi-year painful home renovation located in a Historic District of my city (so goverened by certain conforming rules) so the poor taste in homes comment hit me between the eyes at a vulernable time I think

That said, I do know what your saying and see your point. Please continue to chime in, as that is what a forum is for. It is me whom should be apologizing so please accept.

back on track.... I love to mod (as seen in my 997 and other toys) so a stock replica or authentic 356 isn't for me. I really love when I see the resto mod like renovations of the 356's out there. I actually prefer the coupes more but wifey wants a fun car convert so the coupe is not an option.

thanks all for your replies and input....

Mr. mickfluff,
Group hug?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:44 AM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mick, here's the kind of donor one could develop into just about any 356 dream... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=911982
it's a T2 B (A-like nose). even make it a flared roadster (but its got sr!)... put in a twin-plug fi motor & have some fun! all it takes is time, $ & drive.

here's another to do from scratch, a bit pricier but the earlier cars are the smoothest...
http://356registry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17383

Last edited by ked; 02-04-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: more data
Old 02-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Mayratib044
1st Gear

Are there any other people on the forum that can't stand going into an automatic car wash?

<a href="http://aaautotransportersandcarshippers.com">Auto Shipping Companies</a>
<a href="http://aaautotransportersandcarshippers.com">Car Shipping Companies</a>

Quick Reply: REPLICA!!!!!!!!!! wide body questions, thanks