Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 03:29 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by FSAEracer03
Hey there... I recognize that photo

How are all you 356'ers doing? Definitely glad I checked out the forum, because I think I just heard somebody call me.
Yes Kevin, that is the pic you too of Max in Williamsburg!!!

The next ECH will be Sept 8th to 11th in South Boston, Va. Headquarters will be the Berry Hill Mansion Hotel and Conf. Center. We will not be going this year. It was a Loooong trip to Willaimsburg for us for the last ECH so we aren't to hip on doing it again only a year later. We hear it is almost sold out anyway as the hotel only has 92 rooms. You can find out about it on www.356registry.org click on East Coast Holiday.

We are however going to Hershey, PA for the Porsche Parade in June and trailering Max up unless we have another 'new' Porsche by then. It's the 50th anniversary Parade and our very own John D. is the Webmaster and event co-chairperson for the car show. Gee, we will FINALLY be able to meet him in person

JoAnne
Old 03-01-2005, 05:16 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Damn! i was going to go to hershey but i found out i didnt get accepted.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JoAnne,
I'll be volunteering @ Hershey so I wiil keep my eye out for you, Max and Robert. I would love a ride in Max..............if I can fit in the seats!
Tony
Old 03-01-2005, 09:11 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by hoffman912
Damn! i was going to go to hershey but i found out i didnt get accepted.
Who told you that you were not accepted???

JoAnne
Old 03-01-2005, 09:14 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tony356993
JoAnne,
I'll be volunteering @ Hershey so I wiil keep my eye out for you, Max and Robert. I would love a ride in Max..............if I can fit in the seats!
Tony
You can fit in the seats NO PROBLEM!!! I'm sure Robert wouldn't mind giving you a ride now that he's finally mounted new tires on it. He's had Max up too 100+ and it still had plenty of room to go. He LOVES THIS CAR!!!!!

JoAnne
Old 03-02-2005, 03:28 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT 993
I'm sure Robert wouldn't mind giving you a ride now that he's finally mounted new tires on it.

JoAnne
I'm jealous. Tony, if you haven't seen Max in person yet, you're in for a big surprise. This car is as IMMACULATE as words can't describe!
Old 03-04-2005, 03:15 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Kevin, but It's not that perfect. It does get driven, and HARD now that Robert's done with all the work. He's going to be really busy trying it get it clean for the Hershey Parade this year. So what if it's not as clean as it was before. He Loves drivig the thing and THAT'S what it's all about!!!

Tony was at the ECH too! He had the beautiful Roadster that was parked next to us on Friday night.....

It's in the middle of this pic. Rememebr it? Very nice......

I bet Tony remember this pic too... he took it!!!

JoAnne
Old 03-21-2005, 02:48 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Are we there yet????

Hello??? Anyone out there????

JoAnne

Old 03-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

Ok, fine I'll contribute....

This is my new 73T - 356 content ? you can see one in the background and she runs real fine !

Another gratuitous photo of my week end's work...

PS: I really don;t get why this forum is so dead when the 356talk list is so damn restrictive reictures, fun discussions, volume, formatting etc...
Old 03-21-2005, 06:20 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh Gosh!! Let's not get into that again!!! We've already had the 356Talk Sucks thread here.....
They will never change 356talk. What has to happen is someone has to start a Forum like this one at the 356 Registry. No one in command at the Registry is against it (so I've heard) it's just no one has stepped up and offered to start up and run something new. Even if they did, I wonder if the old crumungeons (HEY that's what they proudly call themselves) would even try it.... I may be wrong but I believe that they will stick to the 356talk format until the day they die. Can you teach an old man new tricks??? YUP you bet you can. I have You can teach them only if they want to be taught.

As for the 356 Rennlist forum. We (meaning the 356 forum regulars) are the only ones that can try to make this place more active. We need more new young open minded 356 owners, 356 owner wannabees, and just plain ol' 356 lovers to start chatting here on a regular basis even if they are on 356talk too.

Heck, we're trying...................................

JoAnne

PS: Cool '73T
I think I'd change the mirrors, but it's your car, and a nice one at that.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey stop shouting,
In the northern hemisphere we're just waking up after our winter sleep.
Next weekend is the easter holiday in Europe and most of us will dig out our cars for the first time this year. In Germany we've just cleared the snow and there is still a lot of salt around. Rain is promised this week so that should clear a lot of the salt away.

If you're interested we can compare notes on whose battery is deadest, who has got mice in the seats, etc., etc., and post a few photos of the great awakening.

we're expecting 17 Deg.C on Sunday !!! Isn't Spring great.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:34 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

No snow here anymore, just lots of rain lately and today we have a good chance of Thunderstorms and hopefully no Tornados. Think we'll keep the cars nice and dry inside.

Hope it warms up for our German Friends soon!

Okay, let's compare notes. We had a mild winter. Only 12 inches of snow so we have been able to take the cars out at least once a week and run them for a while. So no dead batteries.... at least on the cars. The boat however is a totally different story!!!

Oh my Gosh, speaking of mice. My best friend had a family of mice make a den out of the wiring harness in her 993. Talk about an expensive repair! She was sick and the mice were fried!!!

JoAnne
Old 03-21-2005, 08:26 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

sorry, not much new going on here. they engine is in mid transit (well duane hasnt called me to tell me if he got it yet or if he tore it down or anything). it should have arrived friday or today -so its really too soon to hear anything anyways. i will call next week if i dont hear anything by friday- my work schedual changed so i need to let him know when he can get ahold of me since i wont be home during the days anymore.

ive also been too busy with work -our jobs got out sourced, we all got laid off, only 25% of us have been left to run things until the new company takes over our jobs, so ive been doing alot of over time. Luckily i was offered my same job with the new company, making the same pay (and i got a better shift).
Old 04-01-2005, 10:26 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am so damned bored I'm heading down to Barber for the Historics in the AM. It will be interesting to see if the British cars like the rain ("just like home") or hate it ("specter of Lucas"). It will also be interesting if the 356 hardcore can ignore the 911s & Cayennes laying all over the place. I am not drivng the 356 (or 911) for fear I may just drive out onto the track & go-for-it. Instead, I will risk seeing something I JUST MUST BUY RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT REALLY IS AN INVESTMENT, REALLY.

Quick Reply: What a boring forum!!!!